Ranks continue in the red despite earning trophies

Hello! I’m sorry in advance if this was already asked. For a few months now, my world and country rank is always in red even though I’m gaining trophies. My last trophy was a gold one followed by a Platinun (so 390 points) gained yesterday and yet the ranking is still red! Thank you in advance for your help 🙂

For a more visual look at this, you are as of now, placed at 7,087th in your country. However, this will depend on how many trophy points you earn compared to people near you in the leaderboard. Given how volatile trophy hunting leaderboards are now, you are almost likely to have to force yourself to play short and quick games to actually rank up nowadays and it is far too easy for others to pass you in the leaderboard also because of this. 

image-2024-03-29-162830738.png

• Like 3

yea its nothing to be concerned about. just play and have fun and sing a little song "Just keep slippin'. Just keep slippin'. Just keep slippin' slippin' slippin'. what do we do we SLIIIIP SLIIIIP."

• Like 1

Being a leaderboard whore is not something anyone with two braincells will respect quite the contrary. Ranks are meaningless enjoy your games don't worry about the leaderboard.

• Like 4

Hasn't that part of the leaderboards not been working properly for a while now?

Looking at mine I re joined about 3-4weeks and mine still says new, I'm sure it didn't use to stay this long. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

Yeah, you will not stay green if you play games that take longer than 5 minutes to plat. 

It'd be cooler if your color was based on how you did vs the day/week before. If you got more trophies than last week, you go green. If not, you'll stay red. 

• Like 2

At the end of the day, all that really matters is that you play actual games and you enjoy them. You have a nice list and I guarantee you that the community respects it more than a list that's littered with shovelware. That stuff is absolute trash and I wouldn't touch it even if it were free. I avoid it like the plague. I still manage to get green quite a bit but I feel like I'm at the cusp where it'll start being red a lot more often and I 'm okay with that. I have a wife and 3 kids so I just try to get one platinum a week and not worry about the leaderboard. Just keep enjoying videogames and you'll be fine. Peace and God bless!😎

• Like 1

Funnily enough I happen to have a screenshot of the last time I ever saw my main account with green numbers. The date of my screenshot is June 2021 xD. Ever since the shovelware epidemic it's fairly unlikely you'll stop slipping unless you're already low enough ranked to have more folk around and above you who have a lower/more human trophy acquisition rate.

Not everyone is binging shovelware to be fair, but there's enough easy quick plats that aren't bad games too that it's common for a lot of people get multiple platinums in a week at least, so unless you're on that kind of pace you're likely going to be dipping. 

I did look at my red numbers once, found I dropped about 100 places despite having probably one of my highest scoring weeks in a few years lol.

Don't sweat it, that's just how the leaderboard game is now.

• Like 1

I've had a glitch with the ranks for a a while now that they still compare my current position with what it was several months ago. Last October I earned two trophies that were glitched somehow in that they showed invalid time stamps when I first updated my profile. They were fixed when I updated my profile again but ever since then I've had the rank comparison not update anymore.

But yeah, I've too steadily slipped down the ranks ever since I decided to try to avoid 5 min plats unless I quickly need to get some trophies to keep my trophy streak going.

TBH while I agree there's plenty of spamming shovelware to rise in the ranks, I'm pretty sure the leaderboard is broken. I looked at who's green near me and one person has somehow risen over 29000 spots this week despite not having earned a trophy since February.