What Games You Like That Everyone Else Hate?

OmriStyle27

• Battlefield: Hardline
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy: The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode
  • Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2
  • STAR WARS Battlefront (2015)
  • STAR WARS Battlefront II (2017)
Edited by Dry
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Enter the Matrix 

Amazon.com: Enter the Matrix - PC : Video Games

I was a big Matrix fan back there and the young me really enjoyed it back then. Plus, it had many sequences tied to the movies. That being said, Path of Neo is far better. 

I remember a buddy of mine and I picked this game up on release day back then, and played it for soo long. We ended up ditching school the next a couple of days and just banged the whole game out repeatedly. Good times lol. 

• Like 1

Seeing a lot of Resident Evil 5. I think history has looked better at it than it was initially. It will definitely hold a special place with me because it was my very first trophy and first platinum. I played from release on the PS3. I do think it was slightly ahead of its time with the coop modes and the online vs. modes Slayers and Survivors.I played the hell out of those modes. I enjoyed Resident Evil games prior, they just predated trophy hunting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jh7459 said:

I loved Far Cry Primal. Hot take: It might be my favorite Far Cry. I am aware this is not a popular position. 

On my side, it might not be, it is definitely my favorite Far Cry.

I love 4 & 5 (3 a little less, and harldy started 6 which did not appealed me), but Primal, with permadeath and endurance, is a totally different experience.

I did it several times, always stunning.

I even like Ull !

Otherwise, I have always enjoyed "Ghostbusters", the Activision game released during 80's.

You may call a doctor if you think this is necessary.

Edited by Kali_spell
  • Like 2

Dead Island – Played it years after it came out when they'd fixed (most) of the bugs and thought it was great.

Thief – I think people say this was dumbed down compared to the old ones, but I’ve never played them so that didn’t influence my opinion. Thought it was a really good immersive game, with only the frequent loading screens being an issue.

Tomb Raider Underworld – I remember people complaining about the lack of boss battles, but I’ve never been a boss battle fan. Had some good chill levels in it.

• Like 3

Well judging from some subs on Reddit (And Youtube):
Saints Row 2022 (A little boring though so I get it)
Forspoken

Watch Dogs Legion (Wasn't aware people hated it actually but yep)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Mostly by people in the AC fandom that have nostagia for the older games)

Final Fantasy 15- Not really bad but people don't seem to like it.

• Like 2

Resident Evil 6 and Operation Raccoon City - I enjoyed them both for what they were, even if they were very different than the other titles. I had a lot of fun playing them co-op with my partner, too. I really liked the Wolfpack team in general, too. I thought they all had interesting personalities and cool concepts.

Callisto Protocol - I wasn't expecting the game to have such a long hate train from the beginning. I adore it and never really felt the combat and story were as bad as people made it out to be. Yeah, it had launch issues, but those have been settled now. Even though I had played the original 3 Dead Spaces while growing up, I did my best not to compare them, which helped. My only complaint would be how underutilized Cpt. Ferris was,  I feel there were some missed opportunities considering his role. I'm probably one of the very few who was disappointed we didn't get DLC about what he was up to behind the scenes. Still love the game to bits, though.

Edited by Monochrome
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk6x7ArJonaG4ZUCf2TlV

I love Thief...

Might not be the best stealth game, but there's something about it that kept me coming back for more. I own this game across like 3 or 4 different consoles and pc. I hope they make a sequel one day.

Have you played the games it’s based off? The Dark Project and Thief 2 are masterpieces 

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufian said:

The Order: 1886 is one of the greatest video games ever produced.

The gaming media psyoped you into thinking it was bad.

You fall easily for propaganda - it's why myocarditis is in your future.

Top 10 PS4 title. 

It's a fun game, but it does not justify a $60 price tag that it had at launch. I wouldn't have a favorable opinion on it if I got it at full price either. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Pretty much any Ubisoft game I have played. They get a ton of flak, but I've genuinely enjoyed every Assassin's Creed and Far Cry game I have played.

100% agreed

The original Nier is one of my favorite games and Final Fantasy Type-0 is my favorite FF.

I do enjoy some jank, I find it kind of charming. Games like :

Disaster Report

Wanted Dead

That Made in Abyss game

And so on...

The hottest takes I have though is I think Left Alive and Metal Gear Survive are actually good. Left Alive is good when you play it the way it was envisioned. Metal gear Survive's campaign was enjoyable, though going for the platinum really brings that game down.

Edited by nickr_

Here are one's that come to mind:

Pokémon Scarlet/Violet - despite the horrid performance issues, the open world, gameplay gimmicks, and story were the best in the series by far. I really enjoyed it despite others taking a crap on it. It is a shame that the performance holds it back, but I still like it a lot. Part of me hopes they make a definitive version of it or a sequel on the switch 2 as I would happily dig in another 300 hours shiny hunting, playing with friends, and battling online. 

Resident Evil 3 Remake - A lot of people think this is inferior to the OG and was garbage compared to RE2 Remake and thought it was way too short. However, I thought it was awesome. The story was cool, I enjoyed playing as both Carlos and Jill, and the final zombie boss and the finale was so crazy and such a wow moment for me. Cinematically, it was one of the coolest boss battles I've seen in a video game in the past several years. I liked the game a ton, yet most RE fans hate it. Lol.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - low key, this is a definite top 10 FF game for me and is probably hovering around 5-7 in the entire franchise for me. 7, 9, 10, 7 remake, and then you could argue LR: FF13, 12, or 4 (DS) for me next after that. Most people hate it for the time management and job system without really having any leveling up system (you got stat increases from doing side jobs), but I found that waaaay more interesting than FF8's junction system, FF12's license board, or FF15's magic extraction and the warping system.

• Like 4

If only this thread was categorised as "which games do you hate that everybody else loves?" because BOY, do I have some controversial opinions on a certain few beloved series... :giggle:

Back on topic, I suppose the easy answer here is: Fortnite. I've explained this in greater detail in another thread, but the game genuinely has a lot to offer for a F2P, and is highly addictive. In my experience, those who hate it haven't given it a chance yet.