Ghost of tsushima is the first PlayStation Studios PC game to get trophies!!!

It says this at the bottom:

Users who connect their existing account for PlayStation Network and unlocked trophies on Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut using the same account on PS5 will have the same Trophies unlocked on the PC version.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

does this excite you and will you go for another platinum journey?

1. Honestly, I’m not so sure what to think about this news right now (it’s history, that much I know).
  2. I’m too stupid and/or don’t enjoy this hobby enough to be playing video games on a PC personally.
Edited by Dry
  • Like 3

Hopefully this is a start of something for Playstation exclusives. If it weren't for the fact that PS exclusives take ages to be ported to PC, I'd prob start playing these games on my PC instead. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dry said:

1. Honestly, I’m not so sure what to think about this news right now (it’s history, that much I know).
  2. I’m too stupid and/or don’t enjoy this hobby enough to be playing video games on a PC personally.

i have an average pc rig and don't enjoy playing there at all but if this means a separate PC trophy stack then I'll play it on PC because ghost of Tsushima is worth it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

To be completely honest, this is big L for Sony. 

As a trophy hunter, earning trophies was one of the main reasons for me to have a console. Now I can just build mini-ITX PC, which I can upgrade whenever and basically make my own PS, where I can do everything like on the console but more and in better graphics/performance. I’m sure I won’t be alone in this. 

Sony doesn’t want my money anymore it seems. 

How is this different than the small number of games that allow the PC save to convert to PS4/PS5 and auto-pop trophies that have already existed for years now?

It's not as if every PlayStation title is available on PC and can/will do this, so it's not as reductive as PC === PS5 as you're making it out to be. 

Although I suppose if Ghost of Tsushima was literally the only reason someone was going to buy a PS4 or a PS5 and it was going to be the only game they picked up, your take would be accurate...

29 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

Nice, so you can get the platinum on the Steam Deck

You can do that right now on a Steam Deck with Remote Play. Or on any phone or tablet. Or the Portal, with an even bigger screen and better controllers.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

i have an average pc rig and don't enjoy playing there at all but if this means a separate PC trophy stack then I'll play it on PC because ghost of Tsushima is worth it

There won't be

*Users who connect their existing account for PlayStation Network and unlocked trophies on Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut using the same account on PS5 will have the same Trophies unlocked on the PC version.

This specifically doesn't matter to me (I love Ghost, just have no interest in replaying games), but the proliferation of trophies is very much a good thing and it's great to have the door to that be opened further.

I don't know a situation where it will come up, as I don't imagine myself ever playing a game elsewhere if it's available on a Playstation system... But if there ever was a case of a game that was on PC or mobile or elsewhere and not on a PS system itself somewhow... And I could earn trophies for it? The novelty alone would have me playing it regardless of any other factor. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RNMKR-KO said:

Was the console-only business doing that bad? This generation might be the last where you could argue it's justified to buy a console, and it's not like the PS5 has any games anyway.

It's not at all that the console-only business is bad and this will not cannibalize console sales as the trickle of fickle Playstation gamers waiting years for 75% off launch pricing don't really get factored into the first year success measurements of games. Releasing select Playstation titles expands the market for Playstation IP to an audience of PC only gamers that weren't going to buy a console and so didn't have access to buy the game before.

These (very limited number of) games launch on PC well after their heyday on the console, generally to a really warm reception of PC gamers.

Based on the sales success of the PS5, and it's outpacing of PS4 sales at it's same time period, it seems like lots of people find reasons to justify sticking with consoles and foregoing the PC gaming rat race and headache.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's interesting to see and there is a lot of potential, but I can't help but worry about hacking on the PC version...no one cares about Steam achievements for a reason.

According to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, 93-95% of (at least Ubisoft) games are pirated on PC anyway (Source
I'm guessing that the same crowd with no qualms of pirating games have no qualms with pirating trophies. I suppose a telling data point would be figuring out how many PlayStation games released on PC have already been modded/hacked to affect things that would have earned trophies.

Time will tell on this one, but I suspect the trophy system on PC will work similar to how it works on consoles in that timestamps will reflect when they're earned and the data will directly reflect on the trophy list, so it won't be like the existing import save -> autopop in 1 second. Trophies autopopped (hacked/modded) on a PC PlayStation game will be treated like a game on console that doesn't have autopop and will be flagged (eventually, when Sly implements PS5 game flagging?).

28 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's interesting to see and there is a lot of potential, but I can't help but worry about hacking on the PC version...no one cares about Steam achievements for a reason.

well i have come across a lot of people hacking trophies on PSN too for consoles like ps3 or psvita, yeah they might be removed from the site but still...

this is good news, a step in the right direction for trophy hunters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

As a trophy hunter, earning trophies was one of the main reasons for me to have a console. Now I can just build mini-ITX PC, which I can upgrade whenever and basically make my own PS, where I can do everything like on the console but more and in better graphics/performance. I’m sure I won’t be alone in this. 

not really because it will only be select games not every game on the platform so unless you want to resign to earning a couple platinums every four years you will keep your console.

• Like 1

The fact that they keep saying you'll have to connect to psn, through a playstation ui, makes me wonder if they're gearing up to make people need PS Plus for multiplayer on PC lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

This might surprise you, but you still can get trophies on your console.

• Like 1

I know right, now the pc gamers will have one more thing to rub in our faces