Videogames where you get the platinum, but the story is a forgettable

What a video game you liked for a moment, they got the platinum but today you don't remember anything about its story because of how forgettable it was, personally it happens to me with Hogwarts Legacy, I try to remember its story but it was very flat and not memorable at all.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Need For Speed: Payback

VOSSv-Gj-Cp-MF0uj9q-Qtm-W6-An-H.png

A mediocre arcade racing game, serving a filler narrative/plot akin to the Fast & Furious IP.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 4

orig

Not bad game, but story mode is a complete waste. Devs should have return to old style story mode, meaning 7 stages and cool cutscene, instead of throwing all cast in one pile and trying to involve them in Mishima conflict. And T7 story episodes are ridiculous, with only one stage and short cutscene ignoring all DLC characters.

• Like 2

Immortals Fenyx Rising , it's not a bad game, it's just.. a Ubisoft game, it starts nice, you're having fun, but after a while u just want this chore of a game to end and you forget about the story, you're connection with the character is no more, all you care about is to rush it to the end and move on to the next game... so that's what happened here, I truly enjoyed it for the first 10 hours, but then I just wanted it to end.

Oh so 90% of the games I play you mean lol?

I forget about the story almost immediately after I finish most games unless it's a REALLY good story. I doesn't help that most stories in games just aren't very good or even the high point, gameplay is king for me. I'm likely to remember a game based off of certain memorable mechanics than the story personally. 

• Like 2

I like game stories, and tend to remember them pretty well...

....but there's definitely a few that I'd struggle to tell you anything about without a prompt!

Obviously that doesn't mean they are terrible narratives - there could be a different list of games where the story is memorably bad!...

...but my list of "forgettably bland" ones would definitely include:

Far Cry 6

Final Fantasy XV

Need for Speed Rivals

Bayonetta

Solar Ash

Lego: Legends of Chima

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Adventure of Mana

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

For some reason, mentioning this game causes a lot of problems, as I get downvoted and the like (guess fanboyism is hard) but if I were to name one game I platinum with a forgetable story, that would be Far Cry Primal

It's not a bad game, far from it, but the story is practically non-existent, and those tiny bits of the story are so few and between that, I forgot about it immediately after finishing it. It was genuinely the most forgettable story I've ever had in a while, and I play a crapload of story-based games.

46 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I like game stories, and tend to remember them pretty well...

....but there's definitely a few that I'd struggle to tell you anything about without a prompt!

Obviously that doesn't mean they are terrible narratives - there could be a different list of games where the story is memorably bad!...

...but my list of "forgettably bland" ones would definitely include:

Far Cry 6

Final Fantasy XV

Need for Speed Rivals

Bayonetta

Solar Ash

Lego: Legends of Chima

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Adventure of Mana

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

The story of XV is basically a complete blank to me but I will never forget the campfire scene right before the final dungeon, that one hit hard and was probably the highlight of the whole game

• Like 1

Just now, DEI2EK said:

The story of XV is basically a complete blank to me but I will never forget the campfire scene right before the final dungeon, that one hit hard and was probably the highlight of the whole game

I admit, it's been a long while since I played, but I do recall thinking the story got better as it sped towards the end - and thinking "they should have got to this stuff sooner"...

....though TBH, at this point I can't actually remember what the better stuff was! 😂

theres a few games that i can't remember outright or vaguely remember

Ether One

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture (vaguely)

Little Red Lie

Mass Effect Andromeda (vaguely)

Greedfall

The spectrum Retreat

Nothing I list means it's bad, just I have trouble remembering every part of it for one reason or another.

FF1, 2 and 3. I just keep forgetting the story, I can remember the characters, the fights, Chaos etc but if I replay the game, I can't remember what to do, in order to advance the story.

Saints Row 2022- I liked it, but the story's a little forgettable, and annoying at times.

Assassin Creed Origins- I love this game, but I was looking back at some of the screenshots and could not remember who some of the targets Bayek killed were, especially when I see the screenshot lol

I love being reminded of this one specifically because of its name.

Not only do I not have a clue what happened in the story but I pretty much forget the game in its entirety. Like, it's very existence on my profile completely and it used to catch me by surprise to see it on my games list. The only reason I now remember the game is because of how amusing I used to find it forgetting about a game with this title...

So... what is this game? Remember Me, and I'm very sorry game, but that's exactly what I'm not doing...

Now sure, I'm getting old and there's a few relatively short 'mid' games that I've played over a decade ago so it's understandable I'm not going to recall all the details and story beats of every game I've ever played but at least with every other game I can see a couple screenshots or read something about it and suddenly have some memories flood on back but when I look at screen grabs of this game it almost feels completely alien to me... and I'm absolutely certain I did indeed play it but... yeah... nothing really familiar, no idea what happened and I maybe have a vague memory of sorts of some generic combat encounters but apparently the game also had some kind of memory hacking 'remix' sequences? Don't remember those at all?

Just had a browse through the trophy list actually, it all means nothing to me xD I got chased in a prologue? Okay? I hit 5 enemies with a logic bomb? What's that? What's a Sensen? Who's Kid X-Mas? That sounds like an exciting character.

A couple honorable mentions I'll also say:

Far Cry 3 - outside of Vaas moments there's a lot of this game which just kind of happened and went straight out my brain. And whilst I'm talking Far Cry 3 I'm also going to include Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon but that's not a bad thing because really it's more about the vibe.

Battlefield 3 - I can remember the general series of events and certain missions but not a great amount of detail.

Batman Arkham Asylum - I might upset people with this one. While I can remember gameplay sections, environments, generally the characters that show up/bosses and the opening/ending... but what actually takes place? Less so.

Outside of those examples however I'm a bit of a sponge with my gaming experiences and can recall a good amount of them and their stories, even if maybe I might need a little nudge to lure those memories back out.

• Like 1

Mortal_Kombat_11_cover_art.png  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz3s0QX51Tw8crA0JbgijCQeUKylV9_bJwayeYKANGFA&s  co1yg0.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&fit=bounds&quality=70&format=jpg&auto=webp  Bioshock2_cover.png

The fact that i forgot a game's story doesn't that the game itself is bad as a whole.

it's just usually means that the game's story is probably it's weakest point , it didn't grab me at all or it was in fact bad/boring/felt not important.

it saddest me to put Bioshock 2 here but i really don't remember anything about the story , that game is so forgettable to me , even when i finished it i didn't remember anything much about the story , unlike bioshock 1 & 3 which are amazing in my opinion and i will never forget about them.

Dead island: Riptide just felt like a DLC to me, mediocre version of the first Dead Island game (which was amazing)

Mortal Kombat 11 had a really weird story that was a bit of annoying to follow and didn't grab me at all.

Fast & Furious: rise of sh1ft3r is just a bad game over all , nothing to talk about here really lol

just played it because i felt like i wanted to play some licensed game (i do have a soft spot for those , don't know why lol)

Edited by OmriStyle27
  • Like 2