[Resolved] PS3 P2P Online Games Currently Down - Trophy syncing unaffected

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

Like I said, dumb question. :lol: The only PS3 game I have undone online is Red Dead Redemption. Think everything else is offline.

That is if the reports of trophies not syncing are not true

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, XIIDoomsdayIIX said:

Warhammer 40k space marine and Chronicles of Riddick are also down.

I have just synced trophies that I earned in Riddick earlier and it has appeared on profiles and ps5.

2 minutes ago, Connie said:

I just got a trophy in Quantum theory PS3 and synced fine 

So looks like trophy syncing is good, too. Hopefully the P2P issue is fixed soon.

4 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

That is if the reports of trophies not syncing are not true

Several here are saying their trophies are syncing fine, so hopefully it's all good. I would like to finish my PS3 games. :P 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Laugh if you will, but I have a theory: What if SONY shutdown P2P servers as some sort of retaliation against all custom servers for dead games that were made in these few years? Think about it: Those custom servers are against SONY's TOS & lots of players are using them, so SONY's like: "So you fools want to create & use custom servers don't you? Well then, kiss P2P servers goodbye!" Just a theory & I prey to God I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, but that's the dumbest thing I've read since someone theorized Rayman Legends challenges weren't counting due to an attempt to punish cheaters.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Laugh if you will, but I have a theory: What if SONY shutdown P2P servers as some sort of retaliation against all custom servers for dead games that were made in these few years? Think about it: Those custom servers are against SONY's TOS & lots of players are using them, so SONY's like: "So you fools want to create & use custom servers don't you? Well then, kiss P2P servers goodbye!" Just a theory & I prey to God I'm wrong.

That is no way in hell that Sony wakes up in the morning and decided to shutdown P2P servers out of the blue without official announcement. 

• Like 1

Well I will assume this will get fixed soon'ish

And if that is the case, this is the perfect time to test all P2P games to see if they are actually running via Sony and therefore unobtainable if Sony decides to do something funny.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SirSephiroth said:

That is no way in hell that Sony wakes up in the morning and decided to shutdown P2P servers out of the blue without official announcement. 

My sweet summer child, do you remember Little Big Planet? 

Our suffering isn't always due to cognizant SONY decisions.

Edited by Seamndel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CharlesB753 said:

Chiming in as I've checked the games I may be unable to complete if this persists.

1. Aliens vs. Predator will have unobtainable trophies
  2. Inversion will have unobtainable trophies

@HuntingFever @HusKy do we want to start making reports for these games, or hold off to see if it's fixed? Would be an opportunity to make my first report - fitting for the games I myself can't complete 😢 

I would wait a good couple of weeks before filing any reports at all, because this is almost certainly a random glitch that will be fixed ASAP!

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Ooo sweet, but apparantly i cant synch trophies either m8, according to someone is this issue also present or? Ive not synched myself tho yet, dont have time now, will check during this weekend.

Is this affect dead island ps3 aswell?

Because we are supposed to do the coop on JP version this weekend.

Unknown but I'd put money on both DI games being offline as well.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

28 minutes ago, CowMoyoo said:

Just out of curiosity, can anyone check on Infamous 2 / Festival of Blood and COD Ghosts PS3?

COD Ghosts runs on Demonware servers so no problem my friend. Dedicated servers are running fine on PS3. Only the games with some kind of p2p implementation are not working.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Can anyone also check Street Fighter X Tekken here?

I would also suspect Street Fighter X Tekken servers too since it was P2P from my knowledge.

I would check if I had my PS3 near me, but we're separated 100km apart :(.

Down on both PS3 and Vita :(

53 minutes ago, CowMoyoo said:

Just out of curiosity, can anyone check on Infamous 2 / Festival of Blood and COD Ghosts PS3?

inFamous Festival of Blood works

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 3

I guess this is why Persona 4 Golden's little MP thing wasn't working this weekend. I thought it was because I was in a hotel.

But I just tested AC Liberation on the vita and the MP still works there. Let me try Persona 4 Golden again.