Which games have you "Borrowed or Lent" to friends

DarknessKey92

I haven't borrowed or lent out any games for years, here's the ones I remember.

Tekken 2 (Lent to a friend and a controller, never seen them again)

GTA Vice City PC (Lent to my cousin, he had it for about 8 years)

Nintendo 64 (I borrowed it from a friend in 2000 with Mario 64 and Smash)

Sonic 3D (A friend in school asked to borrow it, in return he'd lend me Bonkers, never seen it again)

I learned a long time ago--never lend people things you want to get back. I've had friends keep my games when they moved, ruined a friendship just to keep a game, say they lost it, have it 'stolen' from them, and even destroy the disc/cartridge out of spite. No bueno. That's why I mostly have digital games now--can't steal a digital game from me! HA! I need new friends.

I have lend Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero and Lords of The Fallen to the friends. Recived Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Need for Speed: Rivals, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, WATCH DOGS, Alien: Isolation. I also have The Wolf Among Us which i will lend to friend and i think i will recive GTAV, Dragon Age and Mordor...

i generally don't lend out games, but if i do, i make sure im compensated. if i loan you ONE you loan me two that are worth more than my one. that way you have incentive to bring mine back in working order. if its not returned or its all messed up. i keep BOTH your games. people tend not to risk it.

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Dead Space

Bioshock

And 2 or so others that I let friends/family borrow but never got them back. I really want them back so i can platinum, especially Dead Space. I only have 2 trophies left for the plat. To be fair though, i have 3 games that i borrowed and never gave them back. I still have them, just haven't seen the people that let me borrow them, or have been asked back for them.

Let's see:

Lent:

- Dragonball Z: Budokai - And I Never got it back either, because I ended up moving

- Star Fox Adventures - My friend actually wanted to play this and so did I when I first got it thinking it'd be like 64, he didn't hesitate to give it right back the next day (I'm so sorry)

- Rayman Origins - This one's more recent or more like 2-3 years back. Being a huge Rayman fan from wayback when, when Origins came out I was so hype that I wanted to let everyone know how hype I was. Was able to get some of most fun 3 player sessions at my friends house and he ended up digging it a lot so I let him borrow it.

- Red Dead Redemption (X360 ver) - My friend gave it back quick though because he forgot to tell me he only owned a PS3.

Borrowed:

This thread actually has me realizing that I borrow more than I lend, it's not what it looks like I promise.

- Paper Mario - Have to thank my friend for getting me into one of my favorite games on the N64

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - My cousin let me borrow his copy since he barely played it really, I on the other hand played the fuck out of it

- Duke Nukem: Time to Kill - The talk at the lunch table was of a game with pig cops and rpg'ing dudes to death, didn't know what game they were talking about, so my friend lent me his copy. Needless to say, shit was awesome. It was a Duke game copying the Tomb Raider formula at the time like how 3D copied Doom and Wolfenstein before it, a game I would play years later. Ended up getting a copy of Time to Kill myself eventually.

- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - First GBA Castlevania I played, it was pretty neat kind of similar to SoTN. Everybody used to bring their GBA's to school and before that they're GBC's. A friend was nice enough to let me borrow it.

- Golden Sun - I really have to thank my other cousin for this one, she played some really sweet games, Golden Sun being one of them. Just posting this makes me want to play that game again.

- Metroid Prime 2 - Never got to play the sequel, so my friend let me borrow his copy

- Valkyria Chronicles - An out of the blue "here play this" moment by my buddy which got me into this sweet game

- Uncharted 1 & 2 - Around the same time I let my friend borrow Origins he exchanged these two shortly after

South Park Stick of Truth (still haven't got it back)

and 

Deadpool because I think everyone should play that game

Also, little bit of a funny story.

I was dating a girl and she had borrowed a game from me.  She hadn't been returning my calls for about a week, and this was weird because we had been dating for a few years.  I got the impression that she wanted to break up and was already mentally prepared for that before I got the "we need to talk" text.  So she invites me to her parents house to talk.  I walk in she is sitting by the TV (where I spot my game) looking serious and won't look me in the eyes or anything.  So I go "I think we both know why I'm here" in my most grown up man voice.  Then I grab my game, give her a cheerful "see-yah" and took off.  Not the most mature way to handle it, but felt better than just getting dumped.

There was only once that I lent someone a game (can't remember what it was, think it was a PS3 game).  I let him hold onto it for like two months, but near daily nagging to give it back did the trick.  :D  Nonetheless, I decided lending isn't smart, especially since I like keeping my collection.  I'd never lend out my favourite games.

Honestly, I'd rather just invite the person over to try it with me.  We can play it together and I don't have to risk not getting it back.  :P

I lent to my brother Uncharted 1 and 2, dead space, read redemption, resistance, and Batman Arkham asylum and city.

I don't borrow games because i like to collect, so if i'm interested in a game I just buy it, the only games i have borrowed are the ones from IGC, as Remember me or Deadly premonition because they're games that i was curious but not interested in buy them.

My collection started to increase thanks to ps3 games, bluray disc are basically 100% unscratchable, which is amazing. The only game i have scratched is Journey collection (sadly i got it used) which tells me that the owner must be a monster.  :angry:

Borrowed from my cousin - All the God of War games, Bioshock 1 & 2, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Infamous 1 & 2, DMC Devil May Cry, Borderlands, Ni no Kuni :Warth of the White Witch. 

Borrowed from friends - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection :D ,Shift 2 Unleashed, FIFA Street, Minecraft, Skate 2, Battlefield 3,Prototype, Dead Island, Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed 4 : Black Flag, Prince of Persia (2008).

Lent - Mirror's Edge, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, Far Cry 3,Need for Speed Hot Pursuit,Dante's Inferno, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, Saints Row The Third, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and 3 Razor's Edge, Bayonetta,Batman Arkham Asylum, Hitman Absolution, Resistance. Fall of Man, Devil May Cry 4.

Edited by Jiaho24

I've only "lent" three games to other people. Back when my dad barred all access to the gaming devices (because I was grounded for things which my teachers were more culpable for than I was), my brother thought it would be a good idea to lend his friend Final Fantasy X-2 and Golden Sun. Never got them back, never got repaid for them, and ended up picking them up again ages later.

I've never quite forgiven him for doing that, especially since I bought both of those very close to their respective release dates with my own funds, which weren't very much back then.

The only one I've actually truly lent was a copy of Xenosaga Episode II. I did eventually just give the game to the lender, willingly.

@UP

I dont lend things which i like, im fan of books/manga/comics, and i dont lend those things (im a collector). Its normal. But i lend games which when thye will be played by friends i will sold to buy another game. Sorry but games are to expensive for me. thats way I lend to friends and THEY lend me games. Good business for me and friends. Not to much for developers but they to greedy to see that not everyone will buy game for 65-70$ (they cost that much in my country). Soooo 1 game like GTAV is playing 4-5 peopole. If this would be 40-50$ i would have bought this game, but not for 70$.

BTW. Game i never lend and i never lend to anybody is Final Fantasy 7 for PC i love this game!

My friends didn't play games. I shared with my brother. 

We had Ocarina of Time from someone else.

I lent him: Kingdom Hearts 2. Pokemon LeafGreen. Pokemon Pearl. Dynasty Warriors 6. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.

I borrowed: Samura Warriors Empires. Dynasty Warriors 5 + Extreme Legends and Empires. Soul Caliber 2. Skyrim. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Time.

When I was younger, I would lend people stuff all the time. Can't remember exactly which games, because there were a lot. But over time, more and more of my games would fail to come back to me, or would take months and months before they would, so I slowly stopped lending. The very last game I lent someone, was my 360 copy of Bayonetta. He had just got a 360, but only had one game. I know he was a responsible guy, so I thought I'd share. He ended up selling the 360 and my copy of Bayonetta along with it a couple of months later. No explanation, no sorry, nothing. Just pretended that I never lent it to him. So, I will never lend anyone anything ever again. I like to pretend I'm a fair person though, so I also don't borrow games anymore either.