Which games have you "Borrowed or Lent" to friends

DarknessKey92

Me and my friend were talking about things we used to do when we were kids, Then he reminded me of the time he lent me "The legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time"(N64); and how I didn't want to give it back saying "Oh Sorry I forgot to bring it today"(Was in school @ the time)....giving me an extra few days to play it(it was a good game).

Then about how I let my Cousin borrow "Fight Night Round 2(PS2)"...and remembered how till this day I never got it back.

Also how my dad lent his friend A lot of my N64 games without even telling me, and again "I never got to see again"(MK4, Castlevania 64: Legacy of Darkness, 007 Golden Eye, Super Smash Bros, A Kirby game, Star Fox).

Recently I let my friend Borrow An Extra Copy I bought of FF13-2, then later told him to keep it.

The advantage in Borrowing a game is the obvious "Free to play without paying a dime", perhaps this is why games this Gen have DLC to counter measure this act among gaming friends.

Since you can't share DLC & you are limited on how many consoles your user/account can be used from.

So yes which games have you in the past or recently Borrowed From a Friend.
Or perhaps have lent to your friend/s.
Edited by DarknessKey92

I let my uncle borrow red dead redemption and nier that was like 2 years ago or something... i have his yakuza 3 though..i guess we swapped.
I let a friend of a friend play gta 5 , the first week i got it... got it back in perfect condition .

I don't understand how people destroy games.. if somebody has a messy room or nowhere to put the games say no .. and if they are a child.

Me and my friends share quite a few games, no need to buy twice unless we play online togheter (FIFA, CoD, GTA V)

My friend's games I've played:

AC 2, brotherhood and 3

Darksiders 2

Dante's Inferno

Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 3

Starhawk

Dead Island

Resistance 3

inFAMOUS 2

Uncharted 3

Prototype

A friend of mine had let me borrow Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 a while back. He later then said that I could just keep it considering he now mostly plays on PS4 and PC. My friends normally play it when they come visit. I may try to get the platinum for it in the future.

Edited by Evi

I'm very possessive over stuff I own so I don't lend my games out (or anything else I own). I don't really borrow either as I don't like having a time frame in which to finish things (I have also never rented a game). If I borrowed I would feel I was obliged to finish and return the game as quickly as possible. I like to be able to have the option to play it whenever I want and for any length of time, so I just buy any game I want to play instead.

• Like 3

I made that mistake years ago when my step-brother asked me if one of his friends would borrow DBZ Budokai 3. I was a fool to agree and I lent him the game, but only to find out that his whole place got "robbed" two days later after I lent him the game. My step-brother apologizes and said he would make up to me by buying another copy. But the bastard never did. Jerk.  :angry: I had to go buy the game myself a year later and I've never lent another video game to anyone ever again. That includes family. 

However, just recently, a friend and I traded games to a series we've never played before. She lent me the Professor Layton game while I lent her the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game. And since her birthday is coming up next week, I've decided that I would go ahead and let her have it for being a very good friend to me. We both live in the same state, but we live in different cities so I could always mail back her game at any time. 

Edited by DarkPirate2007

I don't lend my games anymore. I lent a friend my Kingdom Hearts and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and never got them back. Then I lent another friend Final Fantasy XII and never got it back so I decided that lending friends games wasn't a good idea.

Edit: Oh and I haven't ever borrowed a game from a friend. If I want to play a game, I'll just buy it.

Edited by Hikaru
  • Like 1

I'm very possessive over stuff I own so I don't lend my games out (or anything else I own). I don't really borrow either as I don't like having a time frame in which to finish things (I have also never rented a game). If I borrowed I would feel I was obliged to finish and return the game as quickly as possible. I like to be able to have the option to play it whenever I want and for any length of time, so I just buy any game I want to play instead.

Basically this for me. I keep all my games in excellent condition and no one takes care of other people's stuff. I let a friend borrow Uncharted: Drake's Fortune when he first got a PS3 and when I got it back it had water damage to the artwork and bent pages on the instruction manual. I had to buy another copy of the game and since then, no one is allowed to even use my stuff without me being present. Best decision I ever made. Some people give me a stink-eye when I tell them no, but I keep things in like new condition and since "prohibition" started I have been able to keep ALL my video game stuff in perfect condition.

• Like 1

I've recently borrowed Max Payne 3 and lent The Last of Us & South Park: The Stick of Truth

I never had an experience of not receiving lent or not giving back borrowed games. I had a different occurrence but that is not relevant to this topic

Edited by Absolute Brawl3r

I remember lending my Kingdom Hearts game to my brother's freaking friend when I was a kid (what was I thinking??)... Still waiting on his friend to return that game to me, lolol

At least I still have my Kingdom Hearts II copy, lol - Yeah, I don't lend my games out anymore :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

I've lent Gta 5, BioShock Infinite. Also Ghost Recon and Max payne 3 but never got them back.. My "friend" decided to leave the country and not answer his Skype or mail or anything >.>

Also my brother lent some of my games to his friends and I never got them back.

Most of the time I don't like to borrow but I've borrowed Killzone 3, and some other games on ps3. 

• Like 1

I don't really think I've lent games out since the N64 or so, nowadays I generally just go to a buddies house and we'll play each others games there. My friends, like me, are very protective about their games so if one wanted to borrow a game I'd have no problem doing so since I know it would get treated properly. 

Parker

Me and my friends are pretty good with borrowing games from each other, usually we make sure we both trade so that each of us has something. If a friend wants to play a game but I don't want to play any of theres I usually try to just sell it to them for a little less than I would a stranger.

On a related note, my brother would sometimes borrow games from his friend back during N64/Gamecube times. I was pretty young at that time and I actually played Smash bros on GC so much it actually stopped working all together, my brothers friend didn't seem to care though which was good for us, they're still best friends too. :)

I've really only lent and borrowed games from one of my really good friends back in our ps2 days. Now that we are roommates havent done that since I've been on ps3.

I don't lend my games anymore. I lent a friend my Kingdom Hearts and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and never got them back. Then I lent another friend Final Fantasy XII and never got it back so I decided that lending friends games wasn't a good idea.

Edit: Oh and I haven't ever borrowed a game from a friend. If I want to play a game, I'll just buy it.

It does suck that you didnt get those games back, then again your problem may have been that you lent out some really great games and I can't blame them for not wanting to give them back lol. Seriously though I would have mobilized a SWAT team to get those awesome games back

Edited by Prinny Yugi doods
  • Like 1

I've really only lent and borrowed games from one of my really good friends back in our ps2 days. Now that we are roommates havent done that since I've been on ps3.

It does suck that you didnt get those games back, then again your problem may have been that you lent out some really great games and I can't blame them for not wanting to give them back lol. Seriously though I would have mobilized a SWAT team to get those awesome games back

Yeah, those were some great games so maybe I'm to blame for thinking they'd be returned. When I asked about them, my friends just casually replied I thought you gave them to me lol. Never had the chance to raid their house for them but I thought about it. Luckily Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX came out so I never needed my Kingdom Hearts copy back. Edited by Hikaru
  • Like 1

When I was a kid, my neighbour lent me Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and Lego Racers for the Nintendo 64. I got quite a good deal on a used Nintendo 64 but it didn't come with any games so I only ever played those three on it. Even to this day, I don't actually own any games for it.

I had his games for quite a long time and actually planned to keep them since he seemed to forget about it. Eventually he told me he was moving house so I thought keeping the games was sure thing, but it seems he remembered the whole time and asked for them back before he went :( That was quite disappointing; they were some great games.

My only experience of lending was letting a friend use my Sega Master System and almost all of my games for it. However, they were careless and ended up losing it and most of their stuff in a house fire, so it was also the last time I lent someone anything. I'm not even sure I got an apology or any sort of compensation, which is annoying because that was my first console and the one that got me into gaming in the first place.

Edited by Shadiochao

Borrowed: ICO, Shadow of Colossus, Bleach: Soul Resurrection, Sly Cooper HD Collection, Ratchet and Clank Collection, LBP 2, and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Lent: Infamous 1 and 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3, Quantum of Solace, Assassin's Creed 2, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted 1

Usually I let my neighbor borrow games. Although, I never really "borrowed" a game from him, but he did give me Bioshock, so I'm happy! xD

• 5 months later...