Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Homefront the Revolution

Because of horror stories surrounding development and performance I've stayed well clear of this until seeing it at a discount and hearing about the latest patch (fixes frame rate). Took a while to warm up to single player but I did enjoy it when I did. Multiplayer was especially enjoyable, still pretty active.

Patch 1.08 makes most trophies work as intended, a few negative glitches meant I had to do certain actions a few times more but these were heavily outweighed by positive glitches that awarded trophies early.

Play time lower end of 15-20 hours. MP is quick as one mission allows you to mostly stealth it, blow up some containers and the bug out - you can easily complete in mission in 5 minutes on hard to farm experience and money.

• Like 2

Alright, I'm kinda late. but here's my last 4 platinum's I've earned. :) Get ready for a whole lot of text, haha.

Platinum #40- Far Cry Primal PS4.  1L2cf998.png Rating: 8/10.

I've always wanted to try out the Far Cry games since they seemed pretty fun, my first one was Blood Dragon back in December which I thought was a really awesome game, so I wanted to play more of the games. I did get 3 and 4 on PS4 during the same time period but they're still in my backlog as I've been playing other stuff. I was pretty interested in Primal, but didn't get it right off the bat, but I finally ended up getting it in July for my birthday, and it definitely was a fun game.

I definitely liked the setting of the game, I don't know many games that let you play during the Ice Age era or as cavemen in general, so it was pretty fun playing as one. I did enjoy a lot about the game such as its gameplay (I loved the weapons like the spear or the bow and arrow, was definitely a pretty cool aspect.), the graphics were really good, taming animals and riding on them or using them in battle was a pretty cool idea (I liked riding on mammoths while taking down enemies, hehe.), etc. The story was okay, I suppose. but it wasn't great. The characters were decent enough, so it wasn't a bad experience. The trophies themselves were pretty easy. I'd give the platinum a 3/10 for difficulty, but it still was a fun platinum to go after. :) The XP grind was boring after a while though, but it wasn't that bad. I have nothing really bad to say about the game, it was pretty fun, and I did encounter a few glitches like an enemy standing in the air, but nothing major. Overall, I thought it was a great experience and it definitely makes me want to do 3 and 4 on PS4 sooner. :)

Platinum #41- White Night PS4.1L0ef1b5.png Rating: 9/10.

This definitely was an great indie horror game. I'd been interested in it for a while since the game looked pretty interesting to me, and seeing a couple of friends play it on my friends list made me want to try it even more. I got lucky and bought it off a PSN sale in July for $5.00, and I definitely do not regret getting this game. :) The game itself is set in the Great Depression during the 1930s in Boston, which its effects on people can be seen in the game's collectibles which takes shape in the form of collectibles of the characters in journal entries (Those were pretty interesting to read.), etc. The basic premise is you play as a guy who I think was a detective or something similar like that who gets in a car crash after seeing a ghost of a woman and he goes to look for help, ending up at the mansion where the majority of the game is set it. I'm not gonna say much more, but the story was pretty good, I enjoyed it. I definitely liked a lot about the game like the art style, which is in black and white which fits the game well, it's a noir type of game, which definitely is my thing since I liked similar games with the same vibe like Murdered: Soul Suspect and The Wolf Among Us, it was a good horror game (Those ghosts did make me jump at times.), I liked the whole idea of having to use matches to guide your way through the mansion, etc. :) I only disliked how the camera could be a bit off at times, I died a few times thanks to it, but it wasn't a big deal. I definitely liked the trophy list as well, it was pretty cool to have trophies like beating the game on a full moon day (Although you can just manipulate the system's date and time to get the trophy.), the trophy for beating it in one night, etc. It definitely was a fun platinum to get, definitely one of the great looking ones' as well. I had a lot of fun with the game and getting its platinum. Overall, I thought it was a great game that definitely is a worth a shot, one of the best indie horrors on PS4 (My other favorite is Lone Survivor.), and a great experience. :)

Platinum #43- Bastion PS4.  1Lc16581.png Rating: 10/10.

I've always heard of Bastion being a great game, which certainly made me want to try it even more, but it didn't come out on PS4 until April 2015, and it kind of slipped under my radar. This along with Dust: An Elysian Tail were 2 indies I had always wanted to try out since they were on Xbox 360. My only regret is that I waited too long as I finally got it back in August 2016 a few days before it went on sale, and I really did end up loving the game. I liked a lot like the gameplay and the cool weapons you get to use (I liked all of them, but I liked the weapons I had for the last dream, that loadout was my favorite.) , those were pretty fun to use, the art style was really great, I liked the story and its characters (Rucks was an awesome narrator, definitely a great aspect of the game.), etc. I really had a great experience with it, and I enjoyed every second of it. The trophy list itself was fun, but the dreams certainly were tough. Especially the last dream with all 10 idols invoked, that took me quite a few tries. :P The only thing I'm disappointed by is my platinum time, which took nearly 2 weeks. I really slacked off with this one, which I really hated, but I'm still glad I have the platinum. But overall, I thought this was a great game that definitely is worth playing and platinuming it. :) I certainly look forward to doing Transistor soon and getting Pyre whenever that comes out, as Supergiant Games definitely makes great games.

Platinum #44- Gravity Rush PS Vita.1L26fdf9.png Rating: 9/10.

Gravity Rush was one of the main reasons why I got the Vita in the first place, the concept of it seemed really good to me. :) I bought this in June 2014, I took a while to beat my first playthrough, something like 3 months, I was playing on and off though. I had everything completed but gold medalling the challenges, which I didn't get around to really doing them until now. However, I'm glad I went back and got this platinum as it's a great game that deserves to be platinumed. I liked a whole lot about the game- Kat definitely was an awesome main protagonist (Hell, I'm using her as my avatar and name around here!), the gameplay was actually pretty fun once I got a handle of the motion controls although I never did adjust to them fully, the story was good and the characters besides Kat like Raven were pretty good, the art style of it was a good thing, I liked the powers you had to use, etc. The reason why it took me over 2 years to platinum it was because of gold medalling the challenges since at the beginning, I was pretty bad at the game, but when I came back to complete them for real this time, I actually was doing good on them. I'd finally gotten good at the game, so the challenges suddenly didn't seem so hard anymore. I also enjoyed the DLC's, I didn't have much problems with the challenges though, which was a nice thing. The trophy list was a decent one, I definitely liked the trophy images though, they looked pretty good. I love the platinum though. :P Overall, it's one of the best Vita games I've ever played, and a plain awesome game in general. I'm looking forward to doing Gravity Rush 2 when that comes out, and maybe I'll get the Remaster as I want to see if I can platinum it within 2 or 3 days. My next platinum should be Uncharted: Golden Abyss which I'll platinum by the end of September.

What happened to :platinum: #42?

EDIT: Nice story, by the way :yay:

EDIT 2: Oh, nevermind. I was counting from 41, when 40 is there.

Edited by ee28max