Most Recent Platinum

Muff

14 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

:platinum: #14 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

EWNCHOL.png

Legend - Obtain all trophies

Enjoyment - 9/10

Difficulty - 5/10

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll tell you a couple of stories instead. 

So my objective is to eliminate a guy holed up in a heavily defended building, meanwhile there's a chopper on the way that'll be picking him up and flying him away in around ten minutes. So I throw on my sneaking suit and bring a silenced weapon with me and a pair of night vision googles, that's it. Once I'm dropped off just outside the base I find a high vantage point and begin scanning patrolling soldiers, none of them are my target so we're going in. I pick a lock in the gate, crawl around a couple of guards and search from building to building. I don't find him, and the chopper arrives. 

My targets giving a tour to a guest arriving on the chopper, so I find a shadowy spot in the distance and keep watch over the door. A couple of minutes later, my target appears. He's out of range so I try to get closer, only for him to speed off to the other side of the base in a truck. Then I remember he'll be leaving the base by chopper once the tour is over. So I back off to a quiet area and call for some C4 to be dropped to my position. So, C4 in hand I sneak my way over to the chopper's landing zone and stick some on the ground. Then I retreat and wait for the chopper to land again so my target to get on board ...you can figure out the rest right? :lol:

That got me an A rank. This time round, I need an S rank. On the prep screen I'm wondering what's the fastest way to get to him? Suit up in battle dress and run for it? Nah. Sneak back in but do it faster? Nah.

Instead, since I know which building he's in and what he looks like now I perch myself about 200m away on a hill. Pop some pills to keep my hands steady, then take aim with my sniper rifle...again, you know the rest :lol:

And that's The Phantom Pain. Maybe we didn't get answers to the questions we had, but we did get a game that challenges us to strategize, adapt and improvise unlike anything else in the series and one hell of a feeling of accomplishment time after time when even our most ridiculous plans pay off.  

The Phantom Pain's one hell of a long ride if you're going for the platinum, but it's one hell of a ride. 

Congrats mate bet that took u a good few 100 hours to platinum? I'm thinking about getting it but I don't have any mgs logic as I've only played the ps1 version and mgs ground zero for 5 minutes, I loved the ps1 version has I'm a massive stealth fan but I'm more of a splinter cell fan I just hope one day "OLD" sam fisher will make a comeback, loved conviction and blacklist but without the mp. Either way fantastic platinum for your collection well done bud!?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5923-mr-massagy-trophy-guide this is a bad one but a plats a plat right guys, fun 4/10 diff 1/10 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Congrats mate bet that took u a good few 100 hours to platinum1f605.png I'm thinking about getting it but I don't have any mgs logic as I've only played the ps1 version and mgs ground zero for 5 minutes, I loved the ps1 version has I'm a massive stealth fan but I'm more of a splinter cell fan I just hope one day "OLD" sam fisher will make a comeback, loved conviction and blacklist but without the mp. Either way fantastic platinum for your collection well done bud!1f606.png

Thanks man. I finished with over 400 hours on the clock :lol: But I was taking my time and got really into the base development/staff management side of the game. I'd say if you buy it and went straight for the platinum it's doable in 80 - 100 hours. I've never played a Splinter Cell so I can't really compare it. What I can say is although the game gives you the choice to go in guns blazing, the rewards for taking the stealth approach are much greater so it still encourages that kind of play. Not to mention Metal Gear took to the open world genre like a duck to water which I wasn't expecting at all. The world itself could have been more populated and had more stuff to do but the gameplay I think is the best in the series. I genuinely enjoyed every single second of that 400+ hours so I'd definitely recommend it to anyone into the stealth genre.

There is a sense though among some Metal Gear fans that the story was a letdown, most of it was relegated to cassette tapes that you can listen to whenever, rather than the cutscenes that Metal Gear is famous for. But since you're not a legacy fan that would probably work in your favour unless you're really interested in listening to what happened in the years leading up to the events of the Phantom Pain. I'd maybe go back to Ground Zeros, if you like that then you'll definitely enjoy the Phantom Pain too. Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

Just now, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Thanks man. I finished with over 400 hours on the clock :lol: But I was taking my time and got really into the base development/staff management side of the game. I'd say if you buy it and went straight for the platinum it's doable in 80 - 100 hours. I've never played a Splinter Cell so I can't really compare it. What I can say is although the game gives you the choice to go in guns blazing, the rewards for taking the stealth approach are much greater so it still encourages that kind of play. Not to mention Metal Gear took to the open world genre like a duck to water which I wasn't expecting at all. The world itself could have been more populated and had more stuff to do but the gameplay I think is the best in the series. I genuinely enjoyed every single second of that 400+ hours so I'd definitely recommend it to anyone into the stealth genre.

There is a sense though among some Metal Gear fans that the story was a letdown, most of it was relegated to cassette tapes that you can listen to whenever, rather than the cutscenes that Metal Gear is famous for. But since you're not a legacy fan that would probably work in your favour unless you're really interested in listening to what happened in the years leading up to the events of the Phantom Pain. I'd maybe go back to Ground Zeros, if you like that then you'll definitely enjoy the Phantom Pain too. Hope that helps! 

Cheers mate I might just give it a go, u yourself sould give splinter cell blacklist a go I'd boost the 6 mp trophies with you mate if u the veer come across a cheap copy? its a great game with plenty to do ,the mp trophies only take a hour if that especially if u get a easy weekly challenge, but I think I'm gonna fire up mgs gz again. I enjoyed it but I just came back online from switching from Xbox so my mind turned to all the games on the store at the time and it just got left behind but I'm gonna grab mgs and try it. On a plus side it's very cheap now to? BONUS!

Just now, afc-razor-84 said:

Cheers mate I might just give it a go, u yourself sould give splinter cell blacklist a go I'd boost the 6 mp trophies with you mate if u the veer come across a cheap copy? its a great game with plenty to do ,the mp trophies only take a hour if that especially if u get a easy weekly challenge, but I think I'm gonna fire up mgs gz again. I enjoyed it but I just came back online from switching from Xbox so my mind turned to all the games on the store at the time and it just got left behind but I'm gonna grab mgs and try it. On a plus side it's very cheap now to? BONUS!

Ever*