Wifey Totaled My Subaru...

Parker

Remember a month or so back when I took a weekend to take the engine out of my car, replace the timing belt, water pump, brakes and all that jazz? Welp, that was a waste of time and money...

10394520_10205179599271241_4544162061609

10376846_10205179599711252_5108303592219

10801827_10205179599951258_4474295495806

10349196_10205179600231265_8128490536389

All that really matters is that she is okay (just a little shaken up, her first accident) but this really fucking sucks...

Parker

Multiple impacts? Was she livin wild and going all demo derby on you? Glad shes ok but she messed that car up (unless it wasnt her fault?)

Apparently she was hit by a Semi, they were both turning right out of a fuel station. The Semi didn't see her so he hit her 3 or 4 times. We're trying to get the security footage to see who was at fault. 

Parker

Poor car. I hope your wife isn't too shaken up. Be careful of whiplash - it can take a day or 2 to manifest any pain. Make sure she takes it easy and goes to the doctor if she feels even a little sore.

P.S. you might want to edit out your licence plate?

She'll be fine, they weren't going fast at all. I flew through a windshield going 40mph or so, she should be fine with a 5mph impact with a seatbelt on. 

Eh, if someone wants to find me my information is already on the internet. 

Parker

You left your Led Zeppelin CD's unsupervised!? I should strike you down in the land of the ice and snow with the hammer of the gods!!!!

Actually, as sad as this is, I have a complete set of Zeppelin CD's (and vinyl) for my house, a set for my car and a complete cassette collection for my truck. Unfortunately my truck eats tapes now so I had to replace Houses of the Holy...

Hopefully my next car has a radio that will allow me to hook my iPod up to it.  :lol:

Parker

Parker, your car looks like a write off to me.

Most of your damage is cosmetic parts - wings, tailgate etc but that damage to the drivers side A-piller doesnt look good. It might just be a twist in the trim, but if the a-piller is distorted then the car is for the scrap yard.

On the plus side, though the you got your music out safe.

Parker, your car looks like a write off to me.

Most of your damage is cosmetic parts - wings, tailgate etc but that damage to the drivers side A-piller doesnt look good. It might just be a twist in the trim, but if the a-piller is distorted then the car is for the scrap yard.

On the plus side, though the you got your music out safe.

Oh, absolutely. I wasn't planning on fixing the car anyway, it has 216K miles on it so I'm sure it would cost far more to fix than the car is actually worth. It is a shame that Subaru's around here increase in value so much in the winter, I really want another one. 

Maybe now I can convince the wifey to let me get a Hellcat Charger, it has 4 doors and AWD, she has to like it.  :awesome:

Most importantly she's ok.  It happens man.  I almost died a few winters ago when I totaled my fiance's brother's jeep on my way home from work early.  Lost control of it and went airborne headfirst into a telephone pole.  Cars are replaceable...people are not. 

Yeah, I'm lucky she didn't get on the interstate yet. She isn't what I'd consider a good driver (she isn't bad, but she gets intimidated easy) so I can't imagine what would've happened had she actually been traveling at speed. 

Were you wearing your seatbelt? I was a passenger in my brother's E30 BMW when I was in highschool and we hit a guy head on at about 40mph. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt and went straight through the windshield. I still have glass in my face, nose and neck that works its way out every few months. I still don't wear a seatbelt though, they bother my neck.

Parker

Oh, absolutely. I wasn't planning on fixing the car anyway, it has 216K miles on it so I'm sure it would cost far more to fix than the car is actually worth. It is a shame that Subaru's around here increase in value so much in the winter, I really want another one. 

Maybe now I can convince the wifey to let me get a Hellcat Charger, it has 4 doors and AWD, she has to like it.  :awesome:

Yeah, I'm lucky she didn't get on the interstate yet. She isn't what I'd consider a good driver (she isn't bad, but she gets intimidated easy) so I can't imagine what would've happened had she actually been traveling at speed. 

Were you wearing your seatbelt? I was a passenger in my brother's E30 BMW when I was in highschool and we hit a guy head on at about 40mph. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt and went straight through the windshield. I still have glass in my face, nose and neck that works its way out every few months. I still don't wear a seatbelt though, they bother my neck.

Parker

Damn, I don't think all of the blu-tack and elbow grease in the world is going to be enough to fix her up, bud. I'm just delighted that your wife escaped unscathed; as daftprophet already mentioned your loved ones are irreplaceable, and a car's ultimately just a lump of metal. 

And I hate to be that guy, but start wearing your seatbelt, man. You'll have much more bother to contend with than a mere neck annoyance if you're unlucky enough to have another accident in your life; don't take it for granted that you'll be safe and sound because you've lucked out once already. I've lost two friends in my relatively short life to road accidents: one was 22-years-old and the other was a mere 17-years-old - both weren't wearing seatbelts. I miss them both dearly, so please just wear your fucking seatbelt.  

• Like 1