The Last Guardian is probably gone for good

Aranea Highwind

They've dropped the trademark a few times already, they've had plenty of time to do so during these nearly 6 years xD

I honestly think this game is now aimed at happening once the PS4 overcomes its "just launched" stage, the PS3 gets officially kissed goodbye and games start looking more and more impressive.......so try 2017 at the earliest lol

Edited by Omar

I think that Last Guardian is coming. I belive it's time.

I think this is a very good thing, I think its just a rebranding.

Im calling Last Guardian PS4 announcment.

Why would Shu and the guys that develop Last Guardian say that it is in production all the time. And also, there comes out a new statement, rumour and such almost every month about this game.

Last Guardian PS4, im calling it:p

I think that Last Guardian is coming. I belive it's time.

I think this is a very good thing, I think its just a rebranding.

Im calling Last Guardian PS4 announcment.

Why would Shu and the guys that develop Last Guardian say that it is in production all the time. And also, there comes out a new statement, rumour and such almost every month about this game.

Last Guardian PS4, im calling it:p

They already said few months back its coming to ps4 :) And the name has been dropped like 2 or 3 times so this topic is just a waste of time! Plus its been said it will show up at e3 or tgs this year and ready for 2015 or 2016 window 

• Like 1

I already saw a few people suggest it, and I agree: this could just mean they're rebranding it. Same thing happened with what is now Final Fantasy XV (different company, I know, just using it as an example for comparison), and now we're getting a demo for that soon. It's possible that TLG is cancelled, but I wouldn't bet on anything right now. Plus, even if it is, they'll have a bunch of unused assets, and so may end up putting some of those into a Last Guardian spiritual successor. 

Not surprised by this at all. The game was announced as a ps3 game since 2008 I believe? ? And we saw some ps3 gameplay footage looks so stunning! Felt like a disney pixar movie " even though the boy you controlled visually didn't fit with the rest of the graphics "

Then the game been put into a hault then announced as been shifting to ps4, then no news what so ever about it. So I guess it was just a tech demo showcasing the ps3's graphics back then?

This isn't too surprising.

At best, it's being rebranded, like others have said. At worst, it's been canceled. Either way, it's been in development so long, that I doubt it's ever coming.

Dollars to donuts the worst-case scenario is the one. I think that their re-release of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus was an attempt to gauge interest, and that remake didn't exactly light up the sales chart.

EDIT: I take that back. It sold over a million copies globally. It seems odd they wouldn't try to play off of that. But I still think it's canceled.

Edited by starcrunch061