Games you wish had a reboot

Mr_MovieMan29

They could finally do that Eternal Darkness "sequel" that was forever talked about, canceled and restarted and kickstarted and canceled again.  That was one of my favorite games on Gamecube generation, and I still think about the story, the merging timelines, the insanity meter, lots of creative stuff there.  And wasn't Alex Roivas yet another Jennifer Hale character?

My other wishlist would be for a solid new Fire Emblem game on a full console - I don't enjoy handheld systems and there's been nothing since Radiant Dawn on console.  There has to be a way to really utilize the power of PS4 than just blowing up a handheld with big square blocks. 

Plenty of good titles and serials in this thread already. I'd like them to make a new Resident Evil title that would encompass all the events that happened in Raccoon City, but that's probably my personal minority wish. Dark Cloud was great too, I never played the second one with the wrench and camera, so I'd be happy with a HD Collection for that as well. If they could make Crash Bandicoot with the same nicely used camera work of the original games, that would be godlike. (Now that I think about it, Super Mario 3D Land got beat at its own game over a decade ago).

I'd also like to see Square's Threads of Fate and The Bouncer on there as well. Threads of Fate did have room for following timeline, and that game was just overall really cool for an Action RPG. The Bouncer was really great too, the skill set system they had in it really made it special. Been thinking about it a fair bit with this FFXV hype that's brewing about, as it keeps reminding me.

Mega Man X9 is an obvious game I want to see. X4 was my first Mega Man game, and therefore my image of what makes Mega Man special to me. The X series will always be my favourite part of it all.

Those PS1 Digimon games would be good. For a series of RPGs, they were ridiculously varied from each other. That first game could work out especially well. Although, if they did do this, they'd have to record extended versions of everything. That main battle theme is great the first time, not so much the next 10 billion times.

Scaler

Knack

Back to Square, I wouldn't mind it if they made an action oriented game based on Final Fantasy Tactics. Sounds weird, but I've always wanted to play it in a more 3D context.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries sequel thing they said they might do. I'd love that so much. That 3DS one laid a pretty good idea for making the mini game a lot more. And honestly, its a fun mini game.

When's Road Redemption?

Tomba. Bring back Tomba as a gritty and dark reboot where you slaughter pigs and eat their bacon raw to survive. Tomba to me had the most of that era colour effect, a real nostalgia trip that made me think PSOne even more so than Crash Bandicoot. I wouldn't mind if it was brought to PS4 as long as that emphasis on primary colours and zaniness was kept intact.

Micro Machines, Wonder Boy and Dragon's Fury. Glorious versions of my Megadrive favourites would be the best.

I was gonna say Croc, but that would just come out like the R&C PS3 games. Which will always seem weird to me. Something about that HD coat of fur being so.... hairless?

Well, I feel like this thread is a nostalgia trip. Thanks.

• Like 1

A few Capcom games...Dino Crisis (a lot of people have been saying this for a long long time), Onimusha, Chaos Legion...and I keep bleating about this myself...for the love of...do whatever it takes Sony to get Monster Hunter back on Playstation!!!!!!

The Summoner franchise would be welcome, as would a Bully reboot/sequel...Baldur's Gate (I have heard murmurings about this).

Resistance, reboot it for PS4, learn from the mistakes, weapon wheel and health packs, big MP with that 8 player co-op and all the polish the PS4 can afford.   Give us back Hale & Malikov, our crazy enjoyable guns, keep the mad spiralling out of control story lines and tangents that produced so much fan fiction/theory, and let's not waste one of the best alien foes, ever seen in a game, any longer.  I miss the Chimera!

• Like 1