Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

Red Dead Redemption was tedious for me. It had a great setting, but the fact that I killed thousands of people made the entire plot feel less "cowboy-ish" and more like a standard military war machine.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was the best in the series.

Dark Souls 2 is better than Dark Souls 1.

Watch_Dogs was a stellar game and outshines most open city GTA-like games, especially GTAV

Killzone: Shadow Fall was amazing, and I really enjoyed the story line and the multiplayer more than any other recent FPS games

These are of course just my opinions, though. I don't speak for anyone other than myself.

• Like 3

I liked MGS: The Twin Snakes more than the original MGS1. I honestly don't get why The Twin Snakes gets so much hate. Everyone I've asked says it's the over the top cutscenes, but MGS has been over the top since MGS2.

I liked Niko Bellic more than the GTA V protagonists.

Assassin's Creed III wasn't that bad.

But perhaps, the biggest one of them all... *Drum roll*

I don't think Half-Life is all that great.

2365475-2116261222-flame.gif

Edited by Tony Redgrave

I don't own any COD game but my friend does and i've played some of them. They are all the same! When the last one came i though of buying it but i first went to my friend's house to play it. Way to short campaign and the only adition that they made is that double jump. I personally don't find any change to be so extra ordinary. I want to see a change like the ps2 -ps3 comparison. Well that's just my personal opinion and i didn't want to offend any COD fan.

• Like 1

Don´t Understand why people tend to love assassins creed so much since the game is the same shit over and over

Played the 1 Borderlands game a while ago and i tought it was one of the worst and boring games ever - 100 Gajillion Wub Wub shit weapons my ass! Same weapons with different names :devil:

THIS! 

I hate killzone. It is to "gliding" when you move around.

I love FF-XIII and the main that "Final Fantasy Fan-boys" don't like it because all they want is FF-7 remade again and again, so they replay the same shit over and over again.

I like XboxPlayStation, and PC, because I play video games to have fun. This seems rare and rare every day.

AAA games are crap.

This is pretty unpopular, I guess?

Not here

Edited by WulfPack3

I think Gta 5 storyline is boring and dumb! (Trevor suck)  :angry:

Love Gta 4 (best gta ever) 

I hate the first telltale Walking Dead Game

Don´t Understand why people tend to love assassins creed so much since the game is the same shit over and over

Played the 1 Borderlands game a while ago and i tought it was one of the worst and boring games ever - 100 Gajillion Wub Wub shit weapons my ass! Same weapons with different names :devil:

Finally - one of the best topics ever B). nice idea  AVenGer777rocks

I agree, Assassins Creed is blown out of proportion and is essentially up there with Call of Duty as a series that's rehashed and boring. Even Assassins Creed 2 isn't that good with it's shallow, simple gameplay (sword fights, assassinating). Half the time I just ran up to the guy and killed him in broad day light, that's not assassinating.

• Like 1

I have more....that I remembered

Borderlands is shit, it's a bunch of recycled garbage without any redeeming qualities, ANY, the environment is bland, the combat all feels the same and gets repetitive, the story is well, does Borderlands 1 story even count as a story, it's just shit, Gearbox was definitely one of the worst developers of the last gen

Saints Row cartoonish over the top gp is used to cover the game's countless flaws, even it's own cartoonish over the top gp flaws, and the publisher and developer know this so they market it much more aggressively in each and every subsequent release,  

Fable 2 and 3 weren't bad games, the only reason why they receive such hate is because of Peter Molyneiux and his dumbass mouth that never shuts

Last of Us is a mediocre game. It does nothing to stand out from other 3rd person shooters. The story is the opposite of original, and takes so much from Children of Men and The Road. Most of the people saying it was the greatest game ever are Sony fanboys, and more specifically Naughty Dog fanboys.

Skyrim is a shit RPG. Glitches all over the place, which is to be expected from Bethesda. The story is so incredibly generic, they didn't even try. The animations are awful. The game seems to have a whopping 3 voice actors, as everyone has similar voices. The gameplay is some of the most boring, repetive gameplay you can have in an RPG. The world is large, but very empty. Most of the caves are the same 2 things every time, Draugr and bandit. The leveling up system was awful, and takes away from the RPG experience. If you want to only play magic class, you'll get to a point where you can't level up anymore until you do some smithing, pickpocketing, using bows, swords, or shields. It basically makes you have to play as everything, which is stupid.

QTEs are awful, and a cheap way to have gameplay in your cutscenes. Watching a cutscene and having to press a button occasionally is not fun, just make a movie.

Assassin's Creed has always been a mediocre franchise.

• Like 4

Metal Gear Solid 2 was the best in the series.

This guy gets it.

Last of Us is a mediocre game. It does nothing to stand out from other 3rd person shooters. The story is the opposite of original, and takes so much from Children of Men and The Road. Most of the people saying it was the greatest game ever are Sony fanboys, and more specifically Naughty Dog fanboys.

Don't forget TWD fanbase and the visuals weren't even that great as people made it out to be. A ton of games out on the console look way better like FFXIII and even Naughty Dog's own Uncharted 3, not to mention these games worked a hell of a lot better on day 1, TLOU was riddled with glitches when I played it the first time around, I fell through multiple walls.

Ive only tried Final Fantasy 7 out of all the series and I hated it.

Exactly what did you dislike?

Edited by Ramonachan

1. It's been said already, but The Walking Dead Season 1 is a bad game. I tried the first episode for free and hated it. Even though it's an easy platinum, I'm most likely never going to buy the full game.

2. Uncharted is overrated. I've played 2 and 3, and while they were good games, they weren't nearly as good as fans made them out to be.

• Like 3

1. It's been said already, but The Walking Dead Season 1 is a bad game. I tried the first episode for free and hated it. Even though it's an easy platinum, I'm most likely never going to buy the full game.

2. Uncharted is overrated. I've played 2 and 3, and while they were good games, they weren't nearly as good as fans made them out to be.

totally agree with you. as i said on my post - hated walking dead season 1 and i also agree with your opinion on uncharted games: too overrated.

Batman Arkham City is the best game on ps3 as well as Gta IV.  B)

• Like 1

I don't even think The Walking Dead is even a game. People butch about the 2nd one not having a plat, but I think anything made by Telltale shouldn't even have trophies and wouldn't get played if they didn't.

I think Sony should go back and combine all games with multiple trophy lists. Different regions, systems, whatever. It's the same game, it should have one list.

Red Dead Redemption was boring, period.

The best Sly game(1) is worse than the worst Ratchet(FFA) or Jak(LF) game.

Dragon Age 2 is actually pretty fun. Ni No Kuni is not.

1. DmC: Devil May Cry (2013) is my favorite Devil May Cry game.

InFamous: Second Son is my favorite inFamous game.

Assassin's Creed: Unity is my second favorite Assassin's Creed game.

Grand Theft Auto V is just an average game

Gears of War is overrated 

1) I didn't like any of the characters in Persona 3 

2) GTA V is an awesome game and I love it but GTA Online sucks (incredibly long loading times just to be kicked or disconnected most of the time)

3) All Assassin's Creed games are boring to play

4) Arkham Asylum is better than Arkham City (but both are really good!)

5) Danganronpa 1 was better than 2 (but both are really good!)

I agree with alot of what has come up here, mostly:

• MGS4 is one of the weakest entries in the series
  • Assassins creed has much more worse than good games
  • GTA 5 is highly overated
  • Borderlands is boring as hell
  • Batman Arkham asylum is better than Arkham city

A few more from me though:

• There are only 3 decent Mario games - Super Mario bros (NES) Super Mario bros 3 (NES) and Super Mario world (SNES) all the rest are poor (including Mario 64 which is no way near as good as people think it was)
  • Spiderman 2 is not the best spiderman game
  • Both PS2 Castlevania games are great
  • Many "Zelda clones" are actually better than the Zelda games
  • God of war chains of Olympus is better than ghost of Sparta 
  • DmC devil may cry is better than DMC 4
  • Resident evil 2 is the weakest of the original trilogy