How did you become a Trophy Hunter?

QueazyJoe

I'm quite limited in my game time I can get so I need to use every minute I can get... As I subscribed here I was surprised at how many "E"-ratings the site gave me. So nowadays I'm hunting in every game sine there isn't any Platinum trophy so far :( Sure there are some games with more than 50 or even 75% of all trophies gained but there's still missing a complete game and if I get to the main page, there are PSN-users with thousands of tropies - or more! So if I can, I'm a trophy hunter ;)

had a bad motorcycle accident that left me house bound in 2009 , i could only just use the pad after having my arm operated on but it did not stop me getting my first platinum "dead space" and from that moment on i wanted another , then became addicted the the "BLING" sound and just went silly for trophies lol i even have the "BLING" sound for msg alerts on my phone ! 

• 1 year later...

i do not, it is OCD and i am a compltionist hence why i play 90% of the games on an offline dummy account. only games i really like get played on the main account, i know my OCD will kick in and i will have to get everything done including trophies.

when i use the dummy i do not worry as the moment i delete the account everything is gone. Back in the olden days i would 100% every game i played  with very few exceptions (looks at Legaia 2 on shelf, dam dagger mini game)

I live in Brazil, and when I was a kid my family didn't have much money, so games were very limited.

What happened was that I started to look at every nut and cranny in the video games I had, and eventually completimg them 100℅ became a necessity.

Later on, I bought a ps3 and when trophies came along, I had to catch em all.

I wonder what got all of you to go trophy hunting?

Well, my story has a similar point... i have enjoyed some PS2 games like FFX, GTA Vice City or Gran Turismo 3 so much, i played them several times (10x maybe)

And then in 2012 i went into the next generation and everything changed... I had so many PS3 games that after one playthrough i dismissed the games normally... TLOU is one of the very few which i played for a 2nd time right away... So it wasn't a surprise that i have finished more PS3 titles in two years than i had for PS2 in 5 years :D

But last year i realised there were games i liked (i.e. Uncharted, Shift 2, Assassin's Creed 2 "Trilogy") so i gave them another chance....

But then i saw what trophies i missed and thought i want to try this or that... something that hadn't crossed my path/mind prior...

Thus started my race for Platinum Trophies :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I used to spend way too much money on games. I decided to make a rule for myself that I wouldn't buy a new game until I had 100% completion in the ones that I own. This seems to be working as all my games are at 100% (minus some DLC that I'm working on) and I'm not spending endless amounts of money of games I will only play like once or twice.

Edited by dansomekid

I really don't know. My first platinum was MW2 back in mid-2010, but I remember chasing after trophies long before that.

GTA IV, for instance, I remember pursuing a few random trophies back in 2009 using video guides, just for fun. I guess I stopped when I realized the scope of the platinum & how much was required.

Another similar case was with Mercenaries 2. My favourite game at the time (still an amazing game) and I tried going back for the platinum in 2010 but I was such a casual back then that I was using cheats (which disables trophies) and had missed a few missables anyway, so that fell apart.

I had to work hard for that MW2 platinum but my love for the game is what drove me to success. "That was fun", I thought to myself when the plat popped, reflecting on the trophy journey leading up to that moment. And from there it snowballed. I had a school friend along the way that I competed with for a bit when we both had 10-20 plats, but he fell off the radar once school finished...

So yeah I was quite a failure of a trophy hunter back then. Still am!  :D But at least I recently platted GTA IV and Mercs 2. Felt really good to finish what I started all those years ago. I kinda ranted, but it was fun thinking back on this.

Edited by GIONAScm2

well before my ps4 i had a xbox360 and liked going for small achievements,but never went for 100%,it really started when i bought a ps4 and my first game was battlefield 4,i regretted buying battlefield 4 soo much and i decided to go for the platinum because it looked easy and it would make me feel better about buying it

I do pretty much everything most video games I play have to offer anyway. I wouldn't consider myself a trophy hunter, but if I'm enjoying the game and see that I'm missing a few trophies towards the platinum/100%, why not eh?

Edited by Jay

It began in 2014, when I reached Trophy Level 3 during FIFA 14 time. I had 33 trophies, and I saw that my cousin had 54 trophies, then I got jealous, started racing each other for Trophies. 

Today I'm at Level 11, and he's at Level 7. I feel a bit sorry for defeating him  :unsure:.

Eh, but #TrophyHunters rules the town now  B)

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why I trophy hunt well I had like 1000 trophy's but never really went for it, until my dad passed from a drug overdose or something won't go into it. Then a week later I just got more caring about trophy's (i have played PlayStation since 2008 ( PS2 PS3 2011 Now PS4 i'm not at 1910 trophys on PSN i'm still young and I love racing hoping to hit 2100 before 2017  :D

• Like 1

A Platinum Trophy killed my parents after we left a theater showing "The Mark of Zorro" one evening. I vowed from then on that no trophy would go un-hunted.

You are so brave, your life deserves at least 5 movies all with that origin story as imagined by each director

I started after the 2011 sony incident when I had to make a new account because sony said my account didn't exist, at first it was for fun but then I saw my friends had a couple of platinums and 300+ trophies and I felt bad for having so little, it escalated pretty quickly into an addiction and now I'm 7000 trophies ahead of said friends...at least I have more trophies than them

I did hunt achievements on XBOX before moving to Playstation franchise. I also did have 3 accounts. The first one was "crashed" by my friend. He played for one day a old FIFA game (FIFA World Cup 2010) but the servers were closed so I couldn't get online trophies. Second one was with my housemates. After I moved to my own residence I decided to start fresh on this account. I am happy with the results! When I complete any game I feel very good. :P So I decide to continue with hunting platinums/100%'s.