How did you become a Trophy Hunter?

QueazyJoe

I've always liked earning stuff like this for a universal account [rather than ingame]. Started earning stuff on... MSN games or something like that. When I got my PS3 and it had trophies, it was pretty much set for me. Took a bit to get my first platinum, but after that it's been a steady influx of progress.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I got started because of one game I had made a new profile cause I had issues with my first one, mainly I just really hated the name and wasn't attached to it.

So the new first game I played on this account was Prototype and back then I hadn't really thought about achievements or knew how tricky certain parts of that game were at the time.

I was just really into the game and being a completionist out of habit I wanted to do every side and challenge mission, well to say a younger me had a tough time with the challenge missions was an understatement.

but I was stubborn and when I had gotten everything done and platniumed that game I thought to myself I went through all this trouble and still beat it why not go 100% for my other games?

And that's how the Trophy hunting began.

Edited by ArtisticGeek
  • Like 1

On 29-8-2016 at 6:30 AM, BlackCatBurrito said:

I came from the Xbox 360. I thought achievements were cool but it never really clicked for me. After my great time with the PSP I got a Vita. Immediately trophies resonated with me so much more & with the limited Vita titles at the time the trophies got me more play time out of the games. Soon after I got a PS3 & launch PS4. So Vita not only got me into Trophies it also got me into PlayStation as a whole. God bless that little beast.

Ditto, except for the PSP. My first platinum was Hotline Miami on the Vita which was also my first Sony Console that supported trophies after that I was in.

• Like 1

I became a trophy hunter since I bought my ps4 in 2014. My first trophy was in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, by completing an optional tomb. I always enjoyed the idea of getting and collecting trophies, and even when I didnt have a PS4, when I used to play some games in my friends home, I got excited each time we got a trophy, most of them miscelaneous or story related. 

Through these 3 years I've been playing and hunting a lot. I started as a casual, going only for the games I loved, and the ones I could do without struggling too much. Time has passed and I became more serious, and thats when I started coming back to games like Knack (wich I enjoy) and this Tomb Raider, I did the awfull multiplayer and got the platinum...

But recently I became a complenionst! After months of going back to old games and completing them, I decided to start a new account. Thats what I did last wednesday. Just for knowledgement, my older account was: caiosuperhiperat

And thats it. I liked this topic, guys! Praise the sun and lets keep hunting xD

A good mate kept giving me shit about not platting Heavy Rain and reckoned it would take me years. So I got it, enjoyed earning it and from there I took more notice of trophies. Also wanted more plats because one wasn't enough.

Not that I really classify myself as a trophy hunter.

Well, I have a friend who lives in New York who was saying he was a better gamer than me. I really didn't care for his boasting at all honestly, but he told me randomly one day that he earned a few Platinum trophies in a few games. My curiosity was sparked at that point, and my 1st plat was God of War HD. He was salty that he didn't get it before me and it sparked a "Who's the better trophy hunter" phase of my gaming career. But shortly thereafter, I ran across a game named Ballz_R_Soar and saw his trophy list. I was literally amazed at the number of plats he had, and from that moment on, I became a trophy hunter with the hopes of catching his plat total. But, that'll never happen lol and I'm ok with that (His name is Plataclysm now). 

• Like 2

It might sound strange considering the number of trophies I have but I don't really consider myself a trophy hunter in the sense that I'm not willing to do anything for trophies. If a game sucks/I don't like it I'm not going to play it even if it is an easy plat and I'm certainly not going to throw my money away like some "trophy hunter" on games with a 5 minute plat :facepalm:

I'm more a completionist because I'm going to play whatever I want even if I can't 100% because of dead servers or glitched trophies, and if I like the game then I'm going for the 100%. Of course I wouldn't be against some games like Hitman having a Plat :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In 2009, I completed the story mode on LittleBigPlanet and was satisfied with completing the game and played it for fun a lot and eventually I discovered trophies from playing the game and I wanted my first platinum trophy so I aimed for the platinum on that game and obtained it and I thought that just beating the game would be enough for me until I discovered trophies and got into them.

Hi Everyone!

Im a Portuguese Gamer, and i begin this on 24 November of 2009 and when i begin this i play normaly with not collecting the Trophies from the Games but when a Friend mine push to keep continuing gaing trophies i dont stop but im very sad and some people are sad to because we can't complete all games to 100 % because of some servers are close and my Ranking is not more Up because of this but im a guy who try to help everyone on some trophies online but the work dont help for play more and more for help everyone who need, but i try to do. ;)

But im a Guy very Happy and  im gonna continue this because alot people like me to. :) And this Years and Next's Ones im gonna try to help some more people on collecting the Trophies Online. ;)

TIP FOR ALL TROPHIE HUNTER: When you buy a Game begin first with the Trophies Online First ok? Dont Forget this ok?

Cya Everyone and Continue Collecting and Dont Give Up if you are the One.....a Trophy Hunter! ;)

Edited by Devil_Max
  • Like 1

I think I started around a year after Trophies became a thing on PSN. At first I had no interest whatsoever, with the odd game giving me an urge, but outside of that it was gaming as I did on the Ps2 etc. 

Once I started I got addicted,although especially back in Ps3 era I might have been a bit naughty every so often, using friend's saves to help me out, but this last 3 years of the Ps4 have really made me appreciate everything as a whole :)

I don't usually try and get 100% on everything though, since I'm not good enough at most games, but I at least try and get as many as I possibly can from each game.

• Like 1

Saw randomly the YouTube-Video "1000th Platinum Trophy Unlocked by Hakoom ( 1st worldwide & WR)" and was like WTF. After some researches i was listening to a german Podcast with blackangel887462 with the same WTF-Feeling again and thought... Maybe i could complete this one game. After this one game i had to get my first Plat asap and yeah, here i am, aiming for Witcher 3 as my 10th Plat after U4 :D

Dont really consider myself as a Hunter, but i think as a "Completer" (I don't know if this word exists xD) you have a "better" Game expierience as an Casual-Gamer.  , a

• 1 month later...

Younger, I was a big Nintendo fan.

It never was about saving the princess in another castel, it was about getting all those damm Stars ! 

So when I got a PS4 , the sweet "ding" sound of a trophy replaced those stars.

I love open-world games with a lot of exploration/ collectibles / ways of tackling a problem.

So getting a Plat is just to play the game to its full extent.

Getting the Plat is the best tribute you can give to a good game :)

Edited by dadoudelidou
Grammar..
  • Like 2

Its kind of hard to say exactly how I became a trophy hunter. Way back in the day before trophies, I never really bothered to 100% most games. It was that oh one (finished) and done (onto the next) with me. If the game didn't have nothing to offer for say finishing it on X difficulty or X amount of hours the heck with it I didn't even bother trying.

When I first got my PS3 in September 2009 and saw all these little goodies known as trophies my mind started to change a little. Now if I finished a game on hard, I'd get this little icon on my profile. While it didn't offer me anything in-game (usually) it proves that I did what I said I did, haha source of many arguments among classmates back in the 80s and 90s about just such a thing (beating Dracula in Castlevania mostly). Initially I tried to get them all, but soon realized that was an impossibility so I get what I can. Also when I started buying my own games, I could feel the pinch on the wallet from time to time, so I decided to get the most out of the games I had, rather than one and done them too.

When I was a kid I thought getting a platinum trophy was impossible. Every time I tried to go for one I ended up failing tremendously. I played Shadow of Mordor, when it first came out, and got like 90% of the trophies and then I stopped playing for like a year. One day I decided to go back to the game and try to obtain the trophies that I left unearned, it took me like 4 hours. When I saw the platinum trophy popping on the screen I felt like Gollum watching the ring, so shiny, so precious... ?? After that, my goal is to try to get the platinum for every game I play.

• Like 2

For me, I liked getting trophies but never gave them any special attention. In May of this year, I played through Tales from the Borderlands from TellTale and popped my first platinum. Although, I enjoyed the game, I was kind of sad some other game that was more meaningful wasn't my first platinum. I was happy to have the platinum but it wasn't like something you could brag to your friends about. I started to go back and work on other games I had previously started. It took off from there. Not all of my platinums since then are that meaningful, but I'm trying to make sure that my milestone plats are ones that I really enjoyed or am proud of for one reason or another. I'm closing in on #50 and it will either be Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn. 

When I first got my PS3, I bought 3 games along with it. One of these games was Dead Island. I became completely obsessed with Dead Island and put many hours into it. I was completely new to PlayStation in general so I had no clue what these trophy things were about, but I had gotten almost all of them just because I had put so many hours into the game. My obsession of Dead Island had finally started to die down after many months so one day I decided that since I already had almost all of the trophies I might as well get the few leftover, as it will add replay-ability to the game again. One of the other games I got alongside Dead Island was Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2. Same thing happened with that game. So after my second platinum I finally decided to attempt to get Platinum trophies for any future games I would own and enjoy. But I'm not the type to buy a new game for the sole purpose of a Platinum nor do I rush a game for it's Platinum, so it's been a slow process.

Edited by EAGLEIYZ

On 3/20/2015 at 11:00 AM, QueazyJoe said:

I live in Brazil, and when I was a kid my family didn't have much money, so games were very limited.

What happened was that I started to look at every nut and cranny in the video games I had, and eventually completimg them 100℅ became a necessity.

Later on, I bought a ps3 and when trophies came along, I had to catch em all.

I wonder what got all of you to go trophy hunting?

When I got a PS3 and I understood the whole trophy idea, I loved it.  I remember in GTA Vice CIty, I played forever to get 100% because the percentage completion always stared at me when I paused.  I wanted 100% and when I got it, I got nothing but a t-shirt for Tommy, but the satisfaction I got was worth it.  Now I try to platinum nearly every game I play.  I don't try to get a high number of platinums, but just get a platinum in nearly all of my current games.  

Currently looking at #60.

My obsession with hunting via video games goes back to my PS2 days with GTAIII. I just HAD to 100% that game, and it took me forever to do it (remember the internet and guides weren't what they are nowadays). However, that sense of accomplishment was so rewarding. I did the same thing for Vice City, and when I first started playing the PS3, the idea of trophies just made sense to me in order to "complete" each game. I obtained about 7500 trophies on my old profile before I started this one in March. Plus, that good ol' *DING* is quite satisfying to me too!