5 games you would recommend

Ctoala6474

I'm almost tempted to pick 5 from every genre I like. In no order...

- Super Metroid

- Dino Crisis

- Shadows of The Damned

- PLOK

- The Legend of The Mystical Ninja

Leaving out so many isn't fair.

Holy crap PLOK...you don't see that recommended often. That was the first game I ever bought by myself (with my flyer money).

• Like 2

The king of underrated games. Beautiful soundtrack too.

Yeah but I remember it being quite hard as well. I never actually beat it but I should go back and see if I could now. Another awesome SNES platformer was B.O.B (also super hard) which had a kickass soundtrack

• Like 1

Psychonauts (Ps2) (if you still own one lol)*

Aggressive Inline (Ps2/GameCube/ Original Xbox) (assuming you still own these, if not emulate em lol)*

Spec Ops the line (Ps3)

Still Life (Original Xbox)*

Earth Defense Force (Ps3)

*Author of post did not specify a specific Gen or Console, so have at em hoss, emulators work wonders ;)

• Like 1

Bioshock - Absolutely holds up, very atmospheric shooter. One of the best games ever made.

Driver San Fransico - My favourite arcade racer of the PS3 era, surprising amount of variety, don't hear it talked about much unfortunately UR

Medal of Honor Frontline - HD Remake of an incredible old school shooter, a game with lots of character and great level design, a difficult but attainable UR Platinum

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen - A great Japanese take on western rpgs, varied and interesting combat with unique boss fights, a wonderful antagonist in Grigori

Dead Space - A true survival horror experience, set on a derelict ship whose crew have been transformed into terrifying monsters, a game that truly preys on your nerves

Psychonauts (Ps2) (if you still own one lol)*

Aggressive Inline (Ps2/GameCube/ Original Xbox) (assuming you still own these, if not emulate em lol)*

Spec Ops the line (Ps3)

Still Life (Original Xbox)*

Earth Defense Force (Ps3)

*Author of post did not specify a specific Gen or Console, so have at em hoss, emulators work wonders ;)

Is that Earth Defense Force 2017? or Insect armageddon? I'll admit to loving both of them.

Plok on the Snes, I loved Claymates myself, that Meooww sound the cats makes has been re-sampled into so many advertisements since then.

1. Dragon's Dogma - I love this game. Create your hero, create an eternally loyal partner and then go have an adventure!

Nier - The soundtrack alone is wonderful.

Child of Light - For those that were around when games like Grandia were still with us.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect - I spent years playing this game with friends. Good times.

Metro: Last Light - A game that flies under the radar that I really enjoy. Might want to play Metro 2033 for that extra bit of story though so I'm going to break a rule here.

Metro 2033

Shenmue (Still waiting for them to make the third one, if it will ever happen)

Heavy Rain 

Beyond: Two Souls

Final Fantasy 7-10 (I know I've mentioned four of them but they're the best ones and can't just choose one)

Assassins Creed 2+Brotherhood (my 2 favourite games, so much fun) 

• PS1 - Silent Bomber - Based around a mechanic of tagging enemies with your reticule which attaches varying weapon types to them, and stacking them on enemies for massive damage, all whilst dodging theirs

PS2 - Rogue Galaxy - Borrows all the best bits from Final Fantasy X (The sphere grid leveling system), the best bits from Tales of (Real Time fighting) and splash in a fantastic setting and tale and you have yourself a real humdinger

PS3 - SSX - I'm replaying this out the amount, and oh lordy did I forgot how awesome the deadly descents are.  The concept coupled with the music are such a marriage of craft those alone are enough for my recommendation, but golding all the Explore events are the cherry on top

PS4 - Middle - Earth: Shadow of Mordor - good timing with the Game of the Year version out now, this is a perfect fusion of Assassin's Creed, Batman and add the Nemesis system this is a real treat.  Swing and a miss with its need to hang onto the movies a bit too much, but the remainder is glorious.

PSVITA - Freedom Wars - Hunter type game with good usage of network friends and a unique setting of trying to run down your prison sentence which is constantly swinging between impossible to get rid of and virtually impossible.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  1. Final Fantasy V  -Not given the recognition it deserves
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia PS3 - The original game has character, the rest are just repetitive boring fanservicey nonsense.
  3. Earthworm Jim Special Edition - Its just wacky, weird fun and a good challenge
  4. Dokuro for the PS Vita - I love puzzle games and unique art styles, the ending was really cute too
  5. Shrek 2 for the PS2 - I know, people instantly think "ew shrek that sounds so shit" its actually an amazingly fun game for the PS2.

The reason I chose those 5 as I think they deserve a lot more recognition than they get :)