Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

The Caligula Effect: Overdose is insanely underrated. Any JRPG lover should check it out. It's the third-best game I've ever played. The graphics are very ugly, but don't let it deter you from trying the game. You'll get so drawn into the story and the soundtrack that you won't care.

I liked both XBlaze games too; I don't understand the hate.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII

I get the hate, I truly do. Too linear. Not enough side content. Lots of hate for the characters and the battle system and overall a weak experience compared to FFs that came before. 

But I kinda loved it. And all of it. I loved the battle system, the music, the environments. The story wasn’t super great but if you over analyse all the FFs have this beyond wack plot lines. 

Final Fantasy XIII (like most FFs) conquered a spot in my heart.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhisperingDusk said:

Final Fantasy XIII

I get the hate, I truly do. Too linear. Not enough side content. Lots of hate for the characters and the battle system and overall a weak experience compared to FFs that came before. 

But I kinda loved it. And all of it. I loved the battle system, the music, the environments. The story wasn’t super great but if you over analyse all the FFs have this beyond wack plot lines. 

Final Fantasy XIII (like most FFs) conquered a spot in my heart.

Agreed, but i'll do you one better:

The whole FFXIII Trilogy!

Its sad that so many ppl didnt play the last one because of the time mechanic but those ending cut-scenes of that game are so beautiful that it makes it totally worth it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Agreed, but i'll do you one better:

The whole FFXIII Trilogy!

Its sad that so many ppl didnt play the last one because of the time mechanic but those ending cut-scenes of that game are so beautiful that it makes it totally worth it.

Yes. I wish they’d release a Trilogy Remaster. Even though the games still look gorgeous on PS3.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy XIII

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Resident Evil 5 & 6

Dark Void

Doom 3

Pokemon Sword & Shield

All games that have legitimate reasons for being as widely disliked as they are, none of which I really care about. I liked these games a lot.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2017 at 10:15 PM, iFraaN97 said:

I think Spec Ops: The Line is the most underrated game I've ever played

Resultado de imagen de spec ops the line

For real? Everytime I see someone talking about this game, on Discord or YouTube, everyone's just sucking its dick.

On 16/05/2021 at 8:35 AM, steel6burgh said:

People hate on it because of what they did with kojima.  .

And the pay-to-win microtransactions.

Edited by Eraezr

Far Cry Primal- new experience, idk why people like guns so much, I really liked the weapons. 

Star Wars Battlefront- don’t know what people were expecting from that game that made them so disappointed from this one.

Fallout 4- was my first fallout game I ever played and I actually enjoyed playing it, although I get why people were frustrated from this one after digging into the lore of the previous games. 

Edited by Tom146521

Two come to mind: Alpha Protocol and Final Fantasy X-2. AP is no longer on my profile since it was on a PS3 that experienced the YLOD and I lost a lot of trophies as a result - back in the day I did not have regular access to the internet and thus it was not synced. It's a RPG spy game that I really enjoyed and am sad it never got a chance to have a sequel. FFX-2 was the first actual sequel to a FF game and I loved it. Getting to spend more time in Spira and ultimately reuniting Tidus and Yuna was very satisfying and enjoyable. Unfortunately, most people just look at and say you are just playing dress up with 3 girls and bounce off of it. I still have to get around to replaying on the PS4 but it is a daunting trophy list IMO.

On 02/06/2021 at 2:32 PM, Tom146521 said:

Far Cry Primal- new experience, idk why people like guns so much, I really liked the weapons. 

Star Wars Battlefront- don’t know what people were expecting from that game that made them so disappointed from this one.

Fallout 4- was my first fallout game I ever played and I actually enjoyed playing it, although I get why people were frustrated from this one after digging into the lore of the previous games. 

I can relate a lot on Fallout 4. It's different but still a pretty good game.

I'm gonna take it a step further and admit I've been liking Fallout 76 lately.

• Like 1

Two games which I liked that people hate are The Quiet Man and Balan Wonderworld. Both games received a lot of non-deserved hate around their launch which ultimately led to people simply hating them for the sake of hating them. The majority of people who spout abuse and hate towards them haven't even played the games, they're just mimicking what their favourite YouTuber, Streamer, or website had to say instead of their own opinion.

The Quiet Man (which I reviewed here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/the-quiet-man-ps4-review/) was a good concept. You play through the game initially with no audio, interpreting the story as you go based on simply seeing the events that happen and piecing things together yourself without hearing what's being said. Then, you play through it again with the audio on and find that the actual narrative is very different to your initial thoughts. 

It works really well in that regard, but the audio patch released two weeks post-launch (as intended) so websites had already uploaded their review for the game based on the no-audio version, bashing and mocking it - none of them actually went back and updated their review once the advertised audio patch released, either. So anyone looking up their review will only read about the launch edition and not the version you get if you buy it today - I didn't review it until about two months after launch, so I covered both modes and how it works.

The gameplay is a bit clunky and the 'don't get hit' trophy is a pain to try and achieve. But, overall I liked it and would recommend people check it out as it's regularly on sale for really cheap - just play it through two times to see how the story changes depending on if you can hear it or not.

Balan Underworld (again, reviewed here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/balan-wonderworld-ps5-review/) was doomed to fail from the start thanks to the misinformation and high expectations the reviewers had. First, most reviewers are adults and this is a game aimed at children, yet most of the reviews went into this as if it was supposed to be a game tailored for them - it wasn't. That's like reviewing Barbie and saying it's too childish as you were expecting Tomb Raider gameplay because the protagonist is a good-looking woman.

I also enjoyed this game, having put about 30-40 hours into it prior to reviewing it. For me, it was like a Japanese LEGO game, collecting various costumes so you can return to previous levels and use their abilities to overcome obstacles you couldn't before. That's why they couldn't just let everyone jump, reaching higher platforms was one of the obstacles you had to use a suit for - changing that would change the dynamic of the game.

Aside from the great visuals, memorable music, and addictive gameplay, it also had a fun fluffy creature breeding simulator and lots of replayability for one or two players locally. I actually found some bosses a little tricky and the things you had to collect were well-hidden and required a bit of exploration. I feel the game got far too much hate upon launch and was unfairly mocked and put down by publications - especially those who kept comparing it to Mario, Sonic and Nights... It's nothing like them and was never advertised as being one of those games, it was its own thing.

So yeah, I have a number of games I've reviewed over the years which other sites and people would say aren't very good, but I think otherwise. Go into a game blind and without any form of prejudgement or opinion and you'll sometimes be surprised with what you see :)

I thought Anthem was fine. Granted I didn't play in the launch window, but I had a good time with it. The suits were awesome! The only thing I found frustrating was during the holiday season, they made one of the races more rare, which in turn made their collectibles more rare. So after getting tired of the low percentage grind I had to stop playing for a while and come back when they finally took down the Christmas lights. 

Sonic Unleashed, I remember how divisive that game was inside of the banfase, also that infamous IGN review which gave one of the lowest scores I've ever seen on that website. 

Final Fantasy XIII is another one where there was a lot of controversy, adding the sequels to the mix and you have one of the famous disliked trilogies, I personaly love them all, despite their flaws and the convulted plot.

• 2 weeks later...

Kane and Lynch 2. I finished many years ago on PC - twice - and now only online trophies are keeping me from going platinum. Great game with dense atmosphere, interesting story and the main characters. Brutal, dynamic gameplay and everything in its place. Surprised by so many negative feedback and low ratings by the industry about it. It stays in my memory to this day.

Edited by Kessarath