Dead Island Definitive Edition leaked

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/07/22/dead-island-definitive-edition-spotted-on-south-african-retailer-site 

Dead Island appears to be making the leap to current-gen consoles, following a trend of recent remakes and re-releases.

According to All Games Beta, South African online retailer Loot listed Dead Island Definitive Edition available for pre-order for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

screenshot shows the games coming up in a search listing. However, at the time of this writing, Dead Island Definitive Edition does not come up when searching the site.

deadisland-720x324.jpg

No other details were listed, such as what games would come with the definitive edition. Currently, the series includes Dead Island, a stand-alone expansion, Dead Island: Riptide, Escape from Dead Island, and the MOBA-style game, Dead Island: Epidemic. Each game centers on the survivors of a zombie epidemic besieging a tropical island.

Last time I checked, almost everybody hated Dead Island, or was at least sorely disappointed by it. Didn't Riptide also bomb in comparison to the original? And didn't Dying Light make Dead Island irrelevant? There's just so many more questions than reasons as to why this exists. At least Prototype had its fans, I don't even know who this is supposed to be targeting. Well, nevertheless, I hope whoever picks this up has fun with it.

• Like 1

More games being available on more consoles is a good thing from a consumer perspective. I don't see the problem with having more choice. Some people may pick it up, and it improves the PS4's library. Dead Island 2 is suffering delays, so the publisher probably just wants to milk the old cow a little.

Not for me though, played it on 360 and was not impressed. 

• Like 1

I love the dead island games, platted/100% both on PS3, but I'm never playing this, I'll wait till dead island 2

P.S this remaster craze is getting ridiculous, JUST STOP WITH IT PLEASE!!!

Edited by Donald Trump

It's weird when multi-platform games get remastered. Who's their demographic, how remastered is the game and who thought this was a good idea in the first place?  Anyway, I never played the games properly so I'm a bit happy they're getting remastered.

I did.

giphy.gif

You ask for this, but not Oblivion, for shame!  :awesome:

Edited by 3DS Master Race

At the rate definitive editions are being announced the whole ps3 library will be on ps4 soon. 

I've said this before. Why make the PS4 backwards compatible when you can just make HD remakes/remasters and sell them to people who are obviously re-buying them all.

• Like 1

I've said this before. Why make the PS4 backwards compatible when you can just make HD remakes/remasters and sell them to people who are obviously re-buying them all.

I think that only works for popular games. I have no doubt this remaster will make some profit but it wouldn't come close to Skyrim/Oblivion remastered. 

Edited by 3DS Master Race

Flawed they may be, but I enjoyed DI & Riptide, however I think the trend of remasters is getting a bit OTT.   It's not the concept of polishing & porting that gets me, it's the value a lot of these remasters simply 'don't' represent.   There have been good remasters, no question, but something like The Telltale Games Collection (kind of), Metro Redux, Prototype, and probably a few others I'm forgetting, FFX/X-2..., these are good deals.   Uncharted Collection - perfect!   This is what I want to see, the older titles packaged together, of course, with the proviso the remasters are quality work, and appropriate pricing...or we wait for the inevitable sales.

Want me to buy DI remaster?   Only if I'm getting DI, Riptide & Escape from DI, with all dlc, in one nice bundle, a quality effort...then I'll be happy to pay up, otherwise keep it.

GoW III, nah, I'd be better off playing it on my PS3, or Now, and anyone new should really start at the beginning.   FF Type-O...for £55?   Could even have a dig at The Handsome Collection, which I bought, no BL1?   Really?  DS2, no DS1 nor Demon's?   I know some might refer to the cost effectiveness of getting some of these titles up to par for the PS4 audience, but would we really have complained if any of these missing titles had come packaged with their remaster siblings, but with the bare minimum polish, just running smoothly?   BL1 is still rumoured to be getting a remaster...GB couldn't have just done the work and got it out as one package?

I don't have an issue with remastering per se, but I do want value when I'm buying, or re-buying, previous gen titles.  

• Like 2

I've just picked up Dying Light, from what I understand it's not even close to the glitchfest DI was. If that's true and they actually remaster the game in the Dying Light Engine and not just uprezz it while screwing the framerate (cough prototype) I MIGHT get it as I like the concept.

If its just another bad port though I'll just skip it and see what DI2 is like