National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

1 minute ago, PsychicVibe said:

Mon dieu! I had 50 bucks on this game and all I had to do was SF win or total points 52 and under.

I am now in the position of rooting against the Niners from scoring.

more likely a defensive touchdown than the Niners scoring 

Will the Chiefs attempt to lift the gargantuan Andy Reid and carry him off the field?

2 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Splathew, Midnight and others, congrats.  Matto, Psychic and Zio... I feel for 'ya guys.

Hurts to see it happen like this.....losing a 20-10 lead like that. But it was a fun ride!

Just now, skidmarkgn said:

Who'da thought the 49ers defense would give up 21 4th quarter points.  On the plus side though, they have a young team and what's looking like a bright future.  NFC West goes 0 for 2 now in the last 2 Superbowls.

Super Bowl loser has a habit of missing the playoffs the following season.  We will see.

Just now, djb5f said:

Super Bowl loser has a habit of missing the playoffs the following season.  We will see.

Quite true.

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I think I won the playoff pick ‘em!  What do I win?  1f609.png

You have as many wins as Matto and myself. And with that you do earn some amount of bragging rights.

Just now, djb5f said:

I'm talking about the next several years, I'm not sure about their contract situations but it seems most of their top players are young and have some time before their paydays are up (I'm not certain on that so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and they already paid their QB.  Pretty good situation for the future.

1 minute ago, christhedog3 said:

Happy for Andy Reid, as he's the perennial loser when it comes to the Playoffs. Very happy for the Chiefs who've gone forever since last winning this thing. Very good game as well!

the choke label had passed from Andy Reid to Kyle Shanahan (fair or not)

Just now, PsychicVibe said:

Quite true.

You have as many wins as Matto and myself. And with that you do earn some amount of bragging rights.

tie-breaker has to be picking the Super Bowl winner right!  ?

• Like 1

So now I can't help but wonder if Jimmy G is the guy for San Fran.  Seems like they did a lot more winning in spite of him as opposed to because of him.  I'll concede he did have some great games in the regular season and his record as a starter is outstanding but from what I saw, Kittle, Sanders, Jjkshdvfkasvdfla, and the RB's really carried the guy.  Lots of Jimmy G either handing the ball off, or throwing a safe check-down pass followed by tons of yards after the catch and contact.  I mean, he's good, there's no argument about that but I can't help but wonder if he's ultimately going to hold them back.

13 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

So uh... anyone gonna watch the XFL next week?  I (begrudgingly because I HATE Vince McMahon) will because it's opening with a Seattle team and that's something I guess, and who knows, maybe it'll be entertaining.  I mean, I doubt it but again, who knows.

I will watch it for me football, i hope it can last as a offseason thing/help players get back in NFL, if does fail defo won't be because of no money/money issues that the Alliance league had

11 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

On the plus side though, they have a young team and what's looking like a bright future.

Don't we make this excuse for somebody almost every season?  Only to find that it doesn't work out nearly so well?