National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

How long has he been there? Don't say "too long". :P 

8 years now. He's dealt with a carousel of QBs but his value for his 'defensive mastermind' is not longer true. He's stuck in the 80s with 'control the clock and pound the rock' philosophy. Vikings have 12 games this year decided by one possession. Really annoying but keeps games interesting.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

8 years now. He's dealt with a carousel of QBs but his value for his 'defensive mastermind' is not longer true. He's stuck in the 80s with 'control the clock and pound the rock' philosophy. Vikings have 12 games this year decided by one possession. Really annoying but keeps games interesting.  

Agree.

He is allegedly a defensive “guru.” And yet his defense has surrendered the most yards in the NFC. They have one of the five worst run defenses in the league, which is the ultimate demoralizer.  When you can’t stop the run, you can’t do anything right. And these are Zimmer’s hand-picked players. These are players he lobbied for when drafting, and wanted to sign for long-term contracts.  This team will be hampered for years in regards to the salary cap for all the bloated contracts.

This is the most masochistic season I can remember. Not a single victory felt good.  It was more of holding on and praying. The best half the team played all season vs. PIT, was followed by one of the worst halves they played. The team has lost its rudder. It needs a new identity. 
And how about moving Bradbury to TE next year after his catch in GB? :P

32 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Agree.

He is allegedly a defensive “guru.” And yet his defense has surrendered the most yards in the NFC. They have one of the five worst run defenses in the league, which is the ultimate demoralizer.  When you can’t stop the run, you can’t do anything right. And these are Zimmer’s hand-picked players. These are players he lobbied for when drafting, and wanted to sign for long-term contracts.  This team will be hampered for years in regards to the salary cap for all the bloated contracts.

This is the most masochistic season I can remember. Not a single victory felt good.  It was more of holding on and praying. The best half the team played all season vs. PIT, was followed by one of the worst halves they played. The team has lost its rudder. It needs a new identity. 
And how about moving Bradbury to TE next year after his catch in GB? :P

Yeah, Zimmer has lost his touch and the game has passed him by. It is beyond frustrating because this team HAS the talent. Our defense has the players there but they clearly lack drive (although losing Hunter AGAIN and Griffen hasn't helped). Klint Kubiak is an idiot, they play not to lose instead of to win. It's why the Vikings hang with anyone, they play down to opponents. I'd love to see this offense with another head coach for a year before calling it quits and shipping Cousins off. Yeah, watched that with my Steelers friend and I was not comfortable being up 29-0, they nearly blew it because Zimmer tried to eat clock. He has terrible clock management and situational awareness. Hell, after the 2018 WC win vs Saints I wanted him gone for Stefankski lol

Lol The Immaculate Reception PT II!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, majob said:

And the Bears have just announced Nagy will not return

He denies it, but think it’s a foregone conclusion. 

https://wgntv.com/sports/bears-report/matt-nagy-denies-that-hes-been-told-that-sunday-is-his-last-game-with-the-bears/amp/

Also looks like the NFL is looking at backup plans for the Super Bowl in case LA can’t have it.

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/33001019/nfl-exploring-contingency-sites-super-bowl-amid-covid-spike

Edited by MidnightDragon

3 hours ago, kinnyman said:

His ankle was in such extreme pain, but he had no problem jumping around in the end zone.  Bruce Arians ran his finger across his throat and said "YOU'RE DONE!"  1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png  He needs a better writer. 

Total bullshit. And he was shit talking Tom Brady on Twitter…and for some reason, gave out his bank account information. xD 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Dumbshit Antonio Brown is now officially no longer a Buc.

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-release-wide-receiver-antonio-brown

He thinks someone else will give him a chance. Don't make me laugh.

Consider his all-too-brief tenure with the Raiders and how he didn't just burn the bridges on his way out of town, but dumped gasoline and napalm on them.

New England gave him a chance after that and only cut him after he was accused of raping his personal trainer or some other such garbage.

Tampa gave him a chance after that.  Told him "zero tolerance" and STILL brought him back after the whole fake vaccine card fiasco.  (Something that's a felony under U.S. Law, not that law enforcement seems to care about most crimes these days unless you're deemed a political malcontent or undesirable.)

Somebody else will offer him a chance.  It may not be for big bucks, but teams will sniff around and try to talk him on board.  Mere mortals don't get second eighth chances.... however anybody who falls under the broad umbrella of "talented but" gets them.  Just ask the douchebags of yesteryear, like Terrell Owens.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, acasser said:

Consider his all-too-brief tenure with the Raiders and how he didn't just burn the bridges on his way out of town, but dumped gasoline and napalm on them.

New England gave him a chance after that and only cut him after he was accused of raping his personal trainer or some other such garbage.

Tampa gave him a chance after that.  Told him "zero tolerance" and STILL brought him back after the whole fake vaccine card fiasco.  (Something that's a felony under U.S. Law, not that law enforcement seems to care about most crimes these days unless you're deemed a political malcontent or undesirable.)

Somebody else will offer him a chance.  It may not be for big bucks, but teams will sniff around and try to talk him on board.  Mere mortals don't get second eighth chances.... however anybody who falls under the broad umbrella of "talented but" gets them.  Just ask the douchebags of yesteryear, like Terrell Owens.

Maybe the Jags will. xD And TO has said he could still do it. Idiot.

Stafford's had a LOT of bad picks this year, the question has always been "how good could he be if he had a decent team around him", well, in my admittedly small number of games I've watched him play... seems like the answer is, not great, NFC playoffs are (Eagles aside) a gauntlet and I just don't see Stafford being game-losing mistake free through the entirety of the playoffs, which is great because fuck the Rams.  The Cards are free-falling into the playoffs so I'm sure the Rams will handle them, but after that... who knows.

Also, what the Hell Penny!?!  dude waits until the final 4 games of his contract to all of a sudden be unstoppable, seriously?  3 years of him taking himself out of games and going on IR if he has so much as an itch on his foot then goes off after his option's declined.  

Also, also, what the hell Seattle!?!  this disaster of a season ended up preventing the entire NFC West from making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

Stafford's had a LOT of bad picks this year, the question has always been "how good could he be if he had a decent team around him", well, in my admittedly small number of games I've watched him play... seems like the answer is, not great, NFC playoffs are (Eagles aside) a gauntlet and I just don't see Stafford being game-losing mistake free through the entirety of the playoffs, which is great because fuck the Rams.  The Cards are free-falling into the playoffs so I'm sure the Rams will handle them, but after that... who knows.

Also, what the Hell Penny!?!  dude waits until the final 4 games of his contract to all of a sudden be unstoppable, seriously?  3 years of him taking himself out of games and going on IR if he has so much as an itch on his foot then goes off after his option's declined.  

Also, also, what the hell Seattle!?!  this disaster of a season ended up preventing the entire NFC West from making the playoffs.

Man, this is first time Stafford win a division... and it's all thanks to Seattle!! ?

49ers take last spot thx to a 17 point comeback and OT win, now they on to face the Cowboys who got the 3 seed, Whilst Rams drop to 4 seed but still win Division witht Arizona losing

Bills take division thx to Dolphins beating the Pats and they did beat the Jets to get the 3 seed

Bengals drop to 4 seed with loss aginst the Browns

Colts in win and in for 2nd week in a row blow it, losing to Jags 26-11 in a game they were dominated in and now miss playoffs to end season on a sour note

Steelers get a OT win to stay alive for wildcard barring SNF being a tie, as for the Ravens they go from 1 seed a few weeks ago to no playoffs, what a dissapointing season

Titans survive a galant Texans effort and a great game by Davis Mills to seal the 1 seed in the AFC

Seattle finish season strong and maybe finales for Carroll and Wilson with team? with loss Arizona lose Division and will now go to LA to play the Rams

Bucs blowout Carolina to take the 2 seed and will host the Eagles in wildcard

Vikings,Washington,Lions all end there season on a winning note

Now up to Chargers and Raiders SNF to decide the last AFC Wildcard spot

• Like 1

I thought the 49ers were going to blow it (nearly did) and miss the playoffs yet again under Shanahan.  But with the win, it gives the Cowboys the 3-seed and sets up a SF/Dallas clash.  Brings back memories of stomping a mud hole in those guys in the 90’s ?

The game won’t be easy but I think Dallas has a 60% chance to win it.  Probably similar to beating a free-falling Arizona but I like the 3-seed a lot better as a win means a game at Tampa (not real scary) instead of at a rested Packer team in very cold environments in the divisional.

Philly making the playoffs at 9-8 (0-7 against playoff teams) shows what a joke playoff expansion was.  So unnecessary.  $$$ I know but c’mon.  Are they planning to go to 16 teams eventually?  12 was plenty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Even though it didn't end in a tie, only one thing I can say about the Sunday night game...

HOLY SHIT! 

That was such a insane game, all the crazynes, the Chargers final td drive to send it to OT and then OT that seemed headed for a tie until Chargers take a timeout and then raiders get a 1st down on run and Carlson hits the game winning kick as time expires to send them to Cincinnati, Steelers who were sweating to KC and Chargers home.

so best season finale ever??