National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

47 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Can't really speak to the Bears because I haven't paid much attention but the Rams were/are a mostly aging team that was acquired through trades and in free agency, putting themselves in salary cap hell with no 1st round picks to supplement, kinda the opposite of the Bills.

For the Bears, I think it's our poor offense. Trubisky's long-term future with the Bears is looking questionable, at best. And fair enough for the Rams. They were a Super Bowl contender last year, though. A little shocking they'd completely miss the playoffs the following year. Which is why I don't know if anything's a given. Who knows what teams are in the playoffs next year.

30 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

For the Bears, I think it's our poor offense. Trubisky's long-term future with the Bears is looking questionable, at best. And fair enough for the Rams. They were a Super Bowl contender last year, though. A little shocking they'd completely miss the playoffs the following year. Which is why I don't know if anything's a given. Who knows what teams are in the playoffs next year.

I certainly ain't putting the AFC East crown on the Bills' head yet either, but if I was a Bills fan I'd feel good about the potential they have.  

10 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Just wondering......wherever Josh McDaniels ends up, does he bring Brady with him?

Maybe if it were Cleveland.  Because of all the teams searching for a Head Coach right now, they're the only ones who I think are desperate to be really playoff competitive "right now" who also would view Tom Brady as an upgrade over their current guy.  And because Cleveland is a hot enough mess that they'd probably entertain the notion and to hell with the incumbent.

So just like JJ Watt who came back in yesterdays wildcard win,Kwon Alexander plans to potentially play in Divisional round next week. To think both were said to be done for season when they got injured https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28427384/sources-niners-think-injured-lb-kwon-alexander-chance-play-saturday-divisional-round

Congrats to the Vikes.  Have to feel for the Saints getting bounced in wildcard weekend after a 13-3 season!

Surprised they did not even review the Rudolph game winning TD.  There was a push-off, whether it was enough to overturn who knows anymore but I am sure Saints fans will add it to their list of injustices!

• Like 1

Wild Card Weekend Prediction Results (please feel free to correct me where I am wrong).

Name                 Wins

Psych                   3

Matto                    3

Skid                      2

DJ                         2

Zio                        2

Acasser                2

Eldain                   2

Conker                  1

10 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

The sad thing is when Wentz went out the game was basically over, any NFC East team going into this game would have lost sadly. 

Yeah it basically wise, Josh McCowan did the best he could in the situation. Yep i agree even Cowboys would've lost too

BTW congrats to Conker and Monkey for a great year of picking regular season games. Conker and I tied, with Monkey being just two games back.

ESPN does "Expert Picks", where eleven "experts" like Golic, Wingo and Wickersham pick games each week.

Conker finished with more wins than any of them.

F--k it!!  Going balls to the wall with next week's picks:

Titans over Ravens - The best way to beat that Ravens offense is to keep them off the field and the Titans are built just for that.  Long, clock chewing drives behind Henry take the Titans to a 3 point win.

Chiefs over Texans - Chiefs are just better and they'll show it.

Vikings over 49ers - Keeping the pipe dream of an NFC title game happening in Seattle alive and the Vikings look like they're starting to believe in themselves, Jimmy G fumbles are the difference.

Seahawks over Packers - Going all heart, no head with this one.

34 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

Wild Card Weekend Prediction Results (please feel free to correct me where I am wrong).

Name                 Wins

Psych                   3

Matto                    3

Skid                      2

DJ                         2

Zio                        2

Acasser                2

Eldain                   2

Conker                  1

I still give myself a .5 for the Titans and a .5 for the Vikings lmfao.

49ers over the Vikings

Ravens over Titans

Chiefs over the Texans

Packers over the Seahawks

8 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

BTW congrats to Conker and Monkey for a great year of picking regular season games. Conker and I tied, with Monkey being just two games back.

ESPN does "Expert Picks", where eleven "experts" like Golic, Wingo and Wickersham pick games each week.

Conker finished with more wins than any of them.

:D good fun again it was and stoked got more then those 2

• Like 1