National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

0/1 on my predictions already but I don't care. Feels great baby!

It was nice to see what our defence is capable of again with everyone healthy,  just 3 points surrendered once Witherspoon got took out the game, no idea why he got the start in the 1st place. Dominance on both sides of the line.

• Like 1

Would've liked to see the Vikings actually show up today, but that's a tall order on a short week. The 49ers looked like they weren't even breaking a sweat out there. They should be able to take care of business next week too, regardless of who they're matched up against. An extra day of rest and home field advantage over the winner of what should be an absolute grudge match.

As for the Vikings... Get Kirk some protection. They're not going to be able to compete in the NFC North playing like that next year.

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The Titans are kicking ass and the Ravens are falling apart...if this holds up, whoever wins tomorrow should be worried.

Absolutely. Titans are the hottest team in football. They have slayed the evil empire and are now about to beat "the best team in football." Just punched them in the nose.

And they beat KC on 11/11 by 35-32, with Tannehill leading a comeback (down nine with seven minutes left). Tannehill threw a 23 yard pass with 23 seconds left.

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I blame that cousin of yours. :P

I do too, that stupid bastard. :angry:

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

The Titans are kicking ass and the Ravens are falling apart...if this holds up, whoever wins tomorrow should be worried.

This year has just been full of surprises. -_-

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kidson2004 said:

Who the hell thought the Titans would be handling the Ravens like this? KC better not blow a soon to be GOLDEN opportunity to host the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game 2 years in a row. But it’s the playoffs where anything can happen. 

I'm with Vibe, I see the Titans going all the way

Titans Wow again, Derrick Henry continues to be a beast and Ryan Tannehill did his job,so same as last playoffs the Ravens and Lamar Jackson have another fizzle out, so Texans and Chiefs one of you will get to host the AFC Championship

I wonder when coaches are actually going to realize that resting your starters for a month almost always backfires!  I saw it countless times in the Colts/Manning era, and they were 1 and done how many times in the playoffs?  I've seen it many other times too.  If you already have a bye week in the playoffs, don't rest your starters the final week of the season too!  What a disaster for Harbaugh and Baltimore!  At least I can laugh at Earl Thomas again, guaranteeing the Ravens would win the Super Bowl, ha!  Couldn't even beat the 9-7 Titans in the playoffs!

6 hours ago, djb5f said:

Ryan Tannehill has a combined 160 yards passing in playoff wins over New England and Baltimore.

Talk about old school football.

I'm glad it still exists. Titans played it safe and ran the ball down the Raven's throat, nice to see smart still rules the day

• Like 3

9 hours ago, majob said:

I'm with Vibe, I see the Titans going all the way

I could too, just have that look of a team who are having a special postseason. Will be interesting if they have a slow start to a game though. Not sure how built they are to be a comeback team, let them get ahead and they can dominate though. Happy to see either them or the Chiefs win it.

- Well, yesterday went as expected, unfortunately. Niners front four played like men, Vikings offensive line looked like they were more suited to sing in a choir. No time to run routes meant check-down plays that gained nothing. Vikes are usually abysmal at pass-blocking but serviceable at run blocking, but not yesterday. With no threat of running, Bosa and Armistead abused the tackles. Richard Sherman should also send a belated Xmas present to Adam Thielen for his pick. Why did you stop running your route?!?

The loss lands squarely in Zimmer's lap. The defense is his baby, and they got thrashed yesterday. No need to have Jimmy G carry the pressure of making plays when the Niners running game steamrolled the entire D. It's been years since the Vikings surrendered rushing yards like a sieve; this season they did it numerable times. That probably means Zimmer will retool the D in the offseason and neglect the offensive line...again. 

- In other news, Kirk Cousins has a better playoff record than Lamar Jackson. :P Five turnovers in two career playoff games means David Price is happy to have another premier player join his Playoff Misery Club. Actually, Justin Verlander should be the Club President, considering his only World Series title appears to have included cheating worse than the 1919 Black Sox. 

13 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Holy fuck...wasn’t expecting this. Seriously, If I were Andy Reid or Bill O’Brien, I’d be nervous.

Titans defense got sloppy near the end, but the fact they took out both the Patriots and Ravens...they could very well go all the way! 

If I was a Chiefs fan, I'd be shitting my pants right now at the thought of playing the Titans. If the Pats and Ravens defenses were unable to stop Derek Henry, how the hell does the wretched KC defense plan to stop him? 

Also, Titans defense was more than happy to surrender yards on short passes for time off the clock. The bulk of Jackson's passing yards came against a defense that was playing soft and making sure every play was in front of them.  

• Like 1