National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

If I was a Chiefs fan, I'd be shitting my pants right now at the thought of playing the Titans. If the Pats and Ravens defenses were unable to stop Derek Henry, how the hell does the wretched KC defense plan to stop him? 

Also, Titans defense was more than happy to surrender yards on short passes for time off the clock. The bulk of Jackson's passing yards came against a defense that was playing soft and making sure every play was in front of them.  

I know. About the only hope either Texans or Chiefs have is Henry gets injured. 

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

21-0 Texans now.

Titans-Texans AFC championship game?  Sounds like a regular season Thursday night NFL network game with very little viewership!

Super Bowl might be a snoozer with the teams left but can’t be worse than last year’s.

at least we have a non Patriots team in the super bowl so that a major plus 

• Like 3

Should the Chiefs win the game it will be the fourth largest comeback in NFL playoff history.

1992 wild card round: Bills 41, Oilers 38 -- 32 points

2013 wild card round: Colts 45, Chiefs 44 -- 28 points

Super Bowl LI: Patriots 34, Falcons 28 (OT) -- 25 points

2002 wild card round: 49ers 39, Giants 38 -- 24 points

KC just took the lead.....incredible!

• Like 2

34 straight for the Chefs and counting.

That Bills comeback over the Oilers and with Frank frickin’ Reich.

Is it me or were the Oilers a cooler franchise than the Texans?Texans seems so generic and it is not like they are Texas’ favorite son.

20 minutes ago, djb5f said:

34 straight for the Chefs and counting.

That Bills comeback over the Oilers and with Frank frickin’ Reich.

Is it me or were the Oilers a cooler franchise than the Texans?Texans seems so generic and it is not like they are Texas’ favorite son.

I'm in your camp on this......

I'm old enough to remember the "Luv Ya Blue" campaign.

Great crowd energy in the Astrodome. Blue pom-poms.

Fight song: Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers Number One!

Bum Phillips, complete with cowboy hat and boots.

And how about Longhorn Alumni Earl Campbell.........the ultimate power running back who pounded the rock 25 times a game.

One player was quoted as saying, "every time you hit him you lower your own IQ."

All records went to Tennessee when the team moved.

Meanwhile, the Houston Texans are the youngest franchise in the NFL. They have their own set of traditions but they have yet to garner the national attention like the Luv Ya Blue campaign.

1 minute ago, Splathew said:

Travis Kelce is hands down the best TE in football. George Kittle is a freaking beast but Kelce is better...

That's kind of like arguing that lobster tail is better than kobi beef.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I’m thrilled the Chiefs ended up coming back and totally humiliated the Texans. However, still nervous about next week. Titans will be tough to beat.

For a team that looked like it was going to be playing Wild Card weekend (until an unexpected Dolphins road win over NE), you could not draw up a better path to the Super Bowl.  Only needing home wins over the Texans and Titans?  

Nothing is easy in the playoffs but that is as cake of a path as you could hope!

Yeah, Philly and Seattle were pretty much playing for the right to be the boobie prize in the NFC and it's showing.  Still, I'm glad to see they made it as far as they did (I'm not expecting to see a typical "making it interesting in the 2nd half" Seahawks performance) and it could be way way worse, could be a Dallas, New England, L.A. (Rams not Chargers), NO or Baltimore fan.

13 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Yeah, Philly and Seattle were pretty much playing for the right to be the boobie prize in the NFC and it's showing.  Still, I'm glad to see they made it as far as they did (I'm not expecting to see a typical "making it interesting in the 2nd half" Seahawks performance) and it could be way way worse, could be a Dallas, New England, L.A. (Rams not Chargers), NO or Baltimore fan.

Idk...feeling for them Houston fans after today lol.

50 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Here comes your typical "making it interesting in the 2nd half" Seahawks performance. Green Bay better keep scoring because we are being treated to some Wilson magic now.

Weekend Results 

Wins      Total

Vibe            3            6

Matto          3            6

DJ               3            5

Conker        3            4

Eldain          2            4

Zio               2            4

Skid             2            4

Acasser       1            3

1 hour ago, PsychicVibe said:

Here comes your typical "making it interesting in the 2nd half" Seahawks performance. Green Bay better keep scoring because we are being treated to some Wilson magic now.

Imagine if they were ever capable of playing like that for an entire game, they'd go 16-0 every year, lol.  

Anyways, hopefully next year they pay Clowney and draft him some help.  I know everyone likes to scream "DRAFT O-LINE" when it comes to Seattle but I'm a firm believer that you draft pass-rush and secondary and try to buy O-line (the college game just doesn't develop NFL O-lineman and it takes a year or two for them to get up to snuff). If they can afford to buy an O-lineman or 2 AFTER paying Clowney then by all means, but first and foremost... pay Clowney.  Pay.  Clowney.

And next week, I can't wait to see San Fran absolutely slap the smug off Rodgers' face.  Good lord I hate that man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

Imagine if they were ever capable of playing like that for an entire game, they'd go 16-0 every year, lol.  

Anyways, hopefully next year they pay Clowney and draft him some help.  I know everyone likes to scream "DRAFT O-LINE" when it comes to Seattle but I'm a firm believer that you draft pass-rush and secondary and try to buy O-line (the college game just doesn't develop NFL O-lineman and it takes a year or two for them to get up to snuff). If they can afford to buy an O-lineman or 2 AFTER paying Clowney then by all means, but first and foremost... pay Clowney.  Pay.  Clowney.

And next week, I can't wait to see San Fran absolutely slap the smug off Rodgers' face.  Good lord I hate that man.

I am in complete agreement. In addition, drafting and developing and paying for a traditional O-Line is kinda wasted when you have a unique talent like Wilson. Having undersized but athletically talented o lineman makes better sense for a guy who likes to scramble.

Seattle will always be competitive as long as they have Wilson. It was the defense that was underwhelming this year; signing Clowney would be a great first step to improving the team.

The Niners rebuild began with developing a savage, top quality d-line. Pretty successful, that.