Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Well if i had to mention it probable wouldn't be about the games that i hate because before i spend money on a game a see a slight gameplay/walkthough to see if i like it...but if i had to mention the most tedious and annoying trophy games it would be:

Kingdom hearts Birth By Sleep - Seriously doing a 100% completetion on each story mode was very and very repetitive. I really hated BBS minigames especially the command boards, god i hated those. Plus i didn't start the game on competitor mode so i had to redo ALL 3 story modes, basically i had to do 6 BLOODY playthrough

Kingdom hearts Re:Chain of memories - This didn't have any hard trophies, but unfortunatly difficulty trophies did not stack so i had to do another 6 BLOODY playthrough and this game was the worst imo, too repetitive.

It's not the worst game out there but I begrudgingly forced myself to platinum Assassin's Creed Unity before selling it. I personally felt insulted by that game by its buggy state, stupid story, and the microtransactions. However, I got it as a gift so I felt bad about selling it, but I figured I could get the most I possibly could have out of it before doing so. Most games I don't enjoy I don't bother going for the platinum, like Knack. 

Walking Dead Survival Instinct: The game was fun for about 30 minutes and then it just got incredibly boring and having to play through it twice to get all of the routes was a chore

LA Noire: Was my second time playing it and knowing everything already made it a boring run, plus getting all of the cars was extremely frustrating

Chronicles of Riddick: MP not having voice chat drove me crazy, love the single player though

Alpha Protocol: I had to play through this 4 times to get some of the buggy trophies, that game is only fun once and that's it

Knights Contract: F those quick time events from hades itself

Neverdead: The MP sucked and the harder difficulties made me want to throw my controller out the window

Prototype 2: You play as a stereotypical cursing character, the story was awful, the controls were pretty bad, and overall it was nowhere near as good as the first game

Destiny: Boring.

Defiance: I love the game but it's just so bad, the servers barely work, a lot of the trophies are glitched, and the MP is way unbalanced

• Like 2

I was really excited for Assassin's Creed Syndicate because its set in my city, but that combat system looks horrendous. 

The setting is interesting I will admit I was intrigued at 1st, they should have stuck with the "Victory" name for the Victorian era, but the setting won't save the game from being terrible.

• Like 1

I don't know if there's a "worst" one... :S I mean I've plat games like Ride to Hell: Retribution, Magus, Brink, Disney Universe, Terminator Salvation, Happy Feet Two, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Motionsports Adrenaline, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 etc etc. :P

Which turd reeks the most? :\

Edited by MMDE

Neverdead. It had a weird trainwreck kinda charm, and despite being terrible, had some entertainment value to it. I revisited it on a whim and at the same time saw a couple guys trying to boost it. After 2 playthroughs and mp, I still had to kill the first boss another 200 times for the last upgrade. Ugggg!

I think Arkham Origins would also qualify, that mp was an absolute pain.

There are two I can think of at the moment:

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution. I love the Naruto franchise but I should have learned my lesson from Generations- I don't much care for the games without a story. I disliked the new fighting mechanics in Revolution and it felt like a major grind. My dislike was ulintensified because I forced myself to complete it in under 7 days since gamestop had a return policy on used games where you could get all your money back for any reason within that timeframe- even if you just didn't like it.

The other game that comes to mind is Xblaze Code Embryo. My sole reason for buying this is that I love visual novels. I am not familiar with the BlazBlue series (or whatever it's based off of). The trophies were annoying and required you to interrupt the game, the characters were shallow and cliched, the writing was poor, the story was bland and unexciting, the villain's motivation was vague and the ending felt like a letdown. I actually had much more fun playing through the spoofed "pursuit of curry ingredients" mini story contained within the game over the actual main visual novel. I bought that day one and it was painful to sell it back for practically nothing. :(

Destiny: This game was alright but more so the RNG in this game really started to take a toll with my experience, and also maxing out one skill tree for all 3 jobs just got REALLY BORING!

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn: I mean I love this game to death but trying to get the platinum was a real life chore itself since all the trophies were about 2-10 hour grinds and one trophy take a minimum of 6 MONTHS to get, so ya, that about $70 of membership fees to get the platinum for this game. Would not recommend if you are just looking for a platinum, but would if you want a great MMO

A third vote for Protoype 2.  I will add that Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell is pretty crap (but I will finish it), a shame because I enjoyed Re-Elected quite a bit.

Walking Dead S1 was also junk but I got it for free so I can't complain too much.

IF I ever finish Sound Shapes I will also put that on this list.

Edited by audiopile