Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

While I try to plat all games I play as a rule of thumb, there have been a few that have driven me up a wall on the way to that shiny achievement. But only two that I can look back on and wish that I hadn't even played them.

Alice: Madness Retuns - horrible horrible horrible game. Fugly graphics, bad controls, aggravating collectibles, and cheap boss/deaths.

Splatterhouse - this game is...just no. Boring and repetitive, the only good thing is that difficulties stack so I just played it on Brutal and got through it as fast as possible.

Special mention:

Star Wars: the force unleashed. I don't think I need to post a reason, I'll just agree that this game is CHEAP.

It was a vita game, with a crazy name - something like HtOlNiQ: Firefly Something.

Aweful game. CAnt even be bothered to go find the correct name, but anyone whos played it will know what i mean.

I like how you remember the HtoL#NiQ part more or less correctly but not that it's called Firefly Diary. :giggle:

• Like 1

I'm normally very careful about the games I install so for me it's rare to get a game I don't like, however, that can start to change fulfilling the requirements to get the platinum.

One such game was Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011. Having played an earlier version on the PS2 I was looking forward to this on the PS3. I brought the game at the end of October 2011, thinking this was the version I should play. Unfortunately no, the latest version was 2012 but even so I was surprised to find the servers were almost dead. Worst still after getting the online trophies I needed through boosting there was still one final trophy - Hanging Chad, which required completing a survey, but it wasn't available. There were a few of us that wrote a number of times on the EA forums asking for them to put a survey up, I checked for updates every day but it took from October 2011 until September 12th 2012 for them to finally put one up. The servers were then shut on the 10th October 2012.

Such a short life span these games have, a massive learning experience and one were I vowed I would never play any sports game with a year in the title again

My worst platinum is probably Perfect Killer from Killer is Dead:

1Ld1caba.png

I love Suda 51, but this game.... ugh... the combat was sloppy, the level design was bland and linear, the story was awful, the "dating" was incredibly insensitive towards women, bosses had lazy one-hit kill moves, and there was waaayyyy too much grinding. At least it looked stylish? Glad to be done with this one.

The game copped a lot of shit for that dating thing which I think was wholly undeserved. What about it was insensitive toward women? Staring down their tops? The whole thing was just silly and supposed to be representative of Mondo being a superficial bastard anyway. That's a rather patronising attitude anyway, like you assume women are delicate flowers who need to be protected from big bad men. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

Time and Eternity: I bought it on PSN Store for 20 bucks, i downloaded it with my crappy connection (over 10 GB in 3 DAYS), i installed it and then i played it... what a mistake that was. Huge and bland-looking maps, tons of recycling for both NPCs and enemies, confusing gameplay, unbalanced mechanics, god-awful plotline, terrible dialogues, even the fan-service was crap.

And with that, i still forced myself to finish it 3 TIMES to get everything done. Worth it? Not really.

Sorry for the bad grammar.

• Like 1

• Ratchet Deadlocked, mostly because I didnt enjoy the game to much. 
  • Playstation Allstars Battle Royale, Hated beating arcade mode with all characters, It was pretty much just the same thing over and over, just different cut scenes.

Lego Batman 2 Vita, it's merely mediocre, but aUGH

I regret getting that game, I thought it was going to be a fun easy plat, but NOPE, this game is boring as hell. This Plat is going to take a lot longer than expected

Edited by jka121

• 2 months later...

not including sports games, either: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3 version) or Killzone 3.

I usually 1) research vidyas I'm interested in and 2) only play stuff that looks like a good game regardless of trophy appeal. I'm sure the PS4 version of Middle Earth is good, but the PS3 version is barely functional as is and was not very enjoyable. Got it as a gift from my brother who didn't know any better, so out of respect I got the most out of it.

Killzone 3 I bought on the SUPER cheap because I enjoyed Killzone 2 enough to give the single player a quick playthrough. I'm sure at its peak, the online was fun as hell but picking it up years later and only interested in the campaign, the game just felt like the devs were merely going through the motions whereas Killzone 2 (flaws and all) felt like a genuine effort.

so all in all, I've been fortunate enough that those are the worst of the worst of my platinum'd games.

I'm about to get both of these Plats (one pending an IRL meeting that I can hook up), but I have to say Street Fighter x Tekken is a real winner here.  500 match grind on the PS3 is just atrocious, the game is just not the most fun to play to begin with, online is laggy and everybody's way too good.  I sold it the first time due to no real guide how to beat the missions (especially Mission 19 with Shin Akuma), borrowed it from a friend.  Glad I'm Plat'ing both versions, but I loathe the game.

Took about 70 attempts to beat Shin Akuma on both versions using heavy YouTube guide help, and from what I'm hearing that's a generously low amount of attempts compared to some people.

-James

Far Cry classic : EXTREMELY BORING

Twisted metal was great game but multiplayer is worst thing in video game history ! , also i would say just dance 3 becasue of tracking system in the game , you'll need 4 ps moves to plat it THATS BULLSHIT !

Edited by RAKAN_KSA_MAX