Stupid things we do in games.

angelgrievous

I restart games a lot, specially when a new system is explained and I realize I've made a couple bad choices prior to it, nothing it can't be fixed later on, but the fact that I made that mistake just eats me inside until I give up and restart xD

Also, I don't like using support abilites or items mid-battle on RPGs, and that makes the game harder than it has to be.

• Like 1

I've seen this in the game a few times actually. I usually target one of the people and /shrug.

The /throw fight? Mines just isn't as annoying as I don't show log message xD the really annoying ones are the ones with log message coming up.. its the shit you do when you're bored and have nothing to do.

My stupid thing/habit is collectible related, if a game has collectibles or random things just to pick up, money, bolts in R&C etc

I search and look about every tiny corner of every space/level for far too long.

If there is a dark corner/area of nothingness 50 miles away.. i must go there!

When a level starts i go BACK instead of forwards, just in case of the tiny chance something shiny is hiding there you never know!

I look at parts of the ground too long, something might shine if I stare enough.

I jump into/onto things that obviously are just meant to be scenery, in the hope there is a shiny, you don't know!

I will try and make my character go up/down further than is obviously possible, often resulting in death. I try to push them out of the screen, things might be hiding!

Going up to objects like tables, boxes etc you must constantly press X in case something can be picked up that you can't see D:

...despite this I always miss at least one thing, probably lots  :facepalm:

• Like 3

I try to drive sensibly in Saints Row. Because it's easier to get from point A to point B when I don't have rival gangs and the cops chasing me. I drive fast enough I can still control turning and don't stop at lights. Though I used to. I don't cut onto the sidewalks or take shortcuts and try to stay on my side of the road.

I travel on the roads in Skyrim if I'm riding a horse. Which I like to. It makes the game atmosphere stronger when I travel on a horse.

Sometimes, when a NPC insults me, I kill them. They aren't allowed to get away with that!

Back when MGO2 was still running, I would box ram people until I KO'ed them. It was funny to see them try to run away or they would roll into me. When one of my friends were shooting or sniping an enemy, I would lay a playboy by them and watch them get shot and then tbag them afterwards. People would run around with Robbie the Rabbit hats and Croc hats. We did alotta dumb shit in that game, it was especially fun with clanmates. Ahh, memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some things I do that I think are stupid/weird

• Reloading my weapon after almost every kill.
  • Saving supplies and ammo even though I have plenty to spare.
  • always enables subtitles even though dialogue can be perfectly heard.
  • If choices are involved, I always go with the "Good" choice. (unless aiming for a trophy that requires to choose another option)
  • Like 1

Always make the good choices, even if there's a character that annoys me. Letting The Adoring Fan in Oblivion follow me around comes to mind.

Reload constantly.

In games like Skyrim, I for some reason head literally straight towards objective markers and only go around things I can't climb up on.

I'm also one of those people that makes my hand go on an awkward position on the controller. It happens a lot with sandbox games and I'm pretty sure I've done often in Devil May Cry 4.

• Like 1

Always make the good choices, even if there's a character that annoys me. Letting The Adoring Fan in Oblivion follow me around comes to mind.

Reload constantly.

In games like Skyrim, I for some reason head literally straight towards objective markers and only go around things I can't climb up on.

I'm also one of those people that makes my hand go on an awkward position on the controller. It happens a lot with sandbox games and I'm pretty sure I've done often in Devil May Cry 4.

I do a lot of the top and the 3rd options.. :P Reloading is one of my habits as well.. especially for those collectibles! Btw congrats on hitting 1k posts a while back~

For me, other stupid things would be doing stuff like the Safety Dance in Deus Ex HR.. or messing around like I used to in MGO. :P Hope I get to do that in MGO 3!

Another stupid thing would be that I try to get into glitched areas a lot.

• Like 2

I do a lot of the top and the 3rd options.. :P Reloading is one of my habits as well.. especially for those collectibles! Btw congrats on hitting 1k posts a while back~

For me, other stupid things would be doing stuff like the Safety Dance in Deus Ex HR.. or messing around like I used to in MGO. :P Hope I get to do that in MGO 3!

Another stupid thing would be that I try to get into glitched areas a lot.

The Deus Ex thing reminds me about how in stealth games I spend 10 minutes watching one guy patrol an area. I remember doing that a lot in Deus Ex HR. It also happened recently in MGSV.

• Like 1

I always feel like I need to walk if I'm in a village or town, and like I need to stay on the road or sidewalk. I like to follow the traffic rules if I'm playing a game like Saints Row or GTA. I enjoy playing "house" in those games too, like returning home at night to rest and eat for example. 

I also absolutely hate doing evil things, it makes me feel like a bad person. I also am horrible about remembering to constantly upgrade equipment, so I'll use whatever I had until it absolutely doesn't work anymore before I change it out.

Those are all the ones off the top of my head.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

-Not saving

-Reloading after every few shots

-Purposely walking slow in certain parts of the game to suit the vibe (like before an epic confrontation for a boss battle) or stopping to rotate the camera slowly to enjoy a beautiful scenery.

-Playing an rpg underleveled/underequipped, and beating it (after too many hours) because too damn proud.

• 3 weeks later...