Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Two more attempts come and gone:

Attempt #7: Chapter 13. Decided to go into LMS to kill the last dude in the office area before LMG guy spawned. Despite hitting his helmet with my rifle, he wouldn't go down. After some ridiculous moves on my part, I run out of painkillers and he guns me down. GG.

So your game did not freezing this time, that is great news. Only tips I have for not freezing is what I mentioned i my comment above. Don't skip cutscens and don't use the restart directly from game over screen. To be fair I have no solid evidence for any of those things causing issues except my own experience (5 attempts where the game glitched on me 1 time in chapter 7). From my limited programing knowledge I would say that skipping cutscenes my cause that the game is not abel to load in everything witch can cause errors. For reseting directly from game over screen there might be some error where the game where the is unable to correctly load assets or somthing (which seam far fetched, but better safe then sorry). It is also wise to take small breaks in between tries as a good run usely takes 1,5-2 hours so a quick reset of the game or system should be fine. I would also say that ps3 is a system that has infrequently crashed on me through out my play time on it, maybe you are just extremely unlucky when it comes to timing (unfortunately with so many trophy hunters its likely that someone will be super unlucky).

When it comes to killing the guy on ch 13 I am sure you have a good strategy. I usally stay in cover and blindfire since he runs close, but usally do not flanck. Also be sure to save up alot of time for ch 13 and ch 14 you will need it if you don't have nerves of steel.

Edited by pikaopas

11 minutes ago, Bilal_Ibrahim said:

how u guys handle becker in the final fight?

Im scared of his grenade launcher

Practice this fight in chapter select. Becker will launch grenades at the start of the fight, when the jeep arrives, and when the squad car arrives. 

The regular enemies can throw their grenades as well so you need to be wary of that. Definitely get ready to move if those grenades put you in danger while you’re in cover. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bilal_Ibrahim said:

how u guys handle becker in the final fight?

Im scared of his grenade launcher

Keep you eyes on him at all time. Once you see that he decides to burp up a grenade during certain intervals such as reinforcements arriving, bullet time and shoot it down ASAP.  Get the two auto 9MM pistol and just dual wield it the whole fight. Drop the crappy assault rifle that they give to you. You can blow up the jeeps and the police cars with them in matters of seconds and which in turns kill a good chuck of the enemies on the screen from the explosion. The whole fight for me didn't even last more than 5 mins.

Some other tactics that I've seen is people just shoot-dodge around to avoid being blown to pieces by grenades.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Some other tactics that I've seen is people just shoot-dodge around to avoid being blow to pieces by grenades.

Shoot dodge is iffy. I was doing it because I was starting to panic towards the end of the fight. Shooting the grenades in bullet time is extremely helpful. I generally killed the sniper dude with the green laser on the airplane first, then focused on killing off the regular guys and did my best to blow up the jeep and police car.

I think there are 4 possibilities on chapter 13 section. These possibilities are depends on if you have potato ps3 or not:

1) Decent PS3 & Disc version: In this one, IMO there are hardly any problems even if you play online and don’t touch golden guns. 

2) Decent PS3 & Digital version: There are sometimes problems occuring in certain areas like chapter 7 or the goddamn chapter 13. But having a decent device mostly prevents them from occuring.

3) Potato PS3 & Disc version: If you play with golden guns being on and being online, the game has problems even from first chapter. But when you play offline and turn golden guns off, there are 2 parts that can make you crazy. First, chapter 13 bug always happens if you don’t kill the last guy with melee animation. And then there is another disgusting bug that happens to me 2 times (1 in a normal playthrough). This bug is the game not being able to load the final part of destroying Becker. Max was somehow invincible in the cutscene, then a fail screen appeared when I played. I think this is worse than chapter 13 bug because you complete the final fight but the game just wants you to be failed.

4) Potato PS3 & Digital version: Avoiding the chapter 13 bug is just impossible. It even happens if I melee the final guy. That was the part I gave up completing the NYM HC on digital version during helping a friend.

I completed NYM HC 3 times in my life with my potato PS3. I guess the 3rd time was the last time ever in my life completing it unless this game comes out on PS5. But if anyone still wants help I would help but a bit later. Right now I need some break with this game. ?

Edited by Denizcankaya97

On 9/10/2021 at 9:04 AM, HoorayForTyler said:

Attempt 4: Killed the lookout on Chapter 7 too quickly and no enemies spawned in afterwards, thus causing a door to stay locked that I had to progress through. Fuck this game. 

Keep at it. This game unfortunately has a lot of glitches when it comes to progressing. Failed at Chapter 13 twice because of them.

• Like 1

Attempt #1: At Chapter 3, while fighting on the stands, i ended up with barely any ammo left. Further more, i accidentally did a shootdodge from the top of the stand towards the bottom like a fool. Learned to never ever use shootdodge unless it's necessary and to not waste too much ammo.

Attempt #2: Somehow managed to screw up during the helicopter portion of Chapter 2 and failed to shoot in time.

Attempt #3: Surprisingly did well until near the end of chapter 9, unfortunately i messed up the quick time event. You got a very narrow window and any accidental or badly timed input is a gameover.

• Like 1

If anyone needs some tipps, to tackle this mode here are my personal advice:

First. Play offline
Second. Turn off golden gun
Third. Learn how to use the bullet time correctly. That is crucial and a game changer for this entire run.
Fourth. Knowing all the locations of the painkillers, you don't want to die of course.
Fifth. If you have trouble with some sections, play those individual levels on normal new york minute.
Sixth. To prevent the chapter 13 bug, which causing the lmg guy not to spawn properly, pause the game before you enter the door, wait 2 mins, get in with 2 pistols to kill those ufe guys fast, then the lmg guy should spawn without problems. Kill him then with a mp5 on the floor. 15 shots on the helmet ends him quickly.

seventh. At the end of chapter 14 with the becker fight. stay calm and keep always an eye on him, if you see he shoots an grenade, bullet time and shoot it down quickly.

Eight. Play agressive at the beginning. I entered chapter 13 with 31 Minutes left and ended the game with 23 or 21 minutes left then.

Oh and last but not least, don't aim to much on close range, it can make a huge difference for you.

Good luck for anyone. I did my run about 2 weeks ago and succeeded thankfully.

Oh and a little tip, if you need it. Don't stress yourself out with this. If you feel to stressed make a little break. I was drinking some tea and that helped me at the end of the game very easily.

Edited by Red-Izanagi
  • Like 2

Rockstar should be ashamed. The mode is just broken. Not what you expect from a AAA developer. Had three instances of Chapter 13 freezing and tried a variety of things to stop it. Played offline with no golden guns, not gone left at all in that room and have even taken the pre-LMG guy down with a melee. All I can think of is to try and keep one other guy alive first and take him out, but that's risky as everyone else comes into the main room and you'll be exposed if you try to ignore someone looking to splatter your brains against the wall.

Not a hard trophy at all, with practice, but the toughest part is trying to make it through without the game glitching on you.

Edited by Cyvnyde
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:37 PM, Cyvnyde said:

Rockstar should be ashamed. The mode is just broken. Not what you expect from a AAA developer. Had three instances of Chapter 13 freezing and tried a variety of things to stop it. Played offline with no golden guns, not gone left at all in that room and have even taken the pre-LMG guy down with a melee. All I can think of is to try and keep one other guy alive first and take him out, but that's risky as everyone else comes into the main room and you'll be exposed if you try to ignore someone looking to splatter your brains against the wall.

Not a hard trophy at all, with practice, but the toughest part is trying to make it through without the game glitching on you.

It's completely random whether the game will freeze or not. Had the exact same freeze when I basically melee'd the guy who came out from the right office. Got there a second time, managed to get the LMG guy to spawn but died to him. Third time, melee'd the exact same dude as before, but the game didn't freeze.

I did not use bullet time to kill the last dude, which seems to make the game glitch for a lot of people.

Keep at it man. You will make it eventually.

Edited by AJ_Radio
typo

1st Attempt: In Chapter 5 while the chase with the boot exact at the end I shot Fabianne, although Im more then sure I aimed on that guy who stays on the front of Fabianne. Before that I shot two guys of five on that boot with one shot! Here I should notice that my bullets pierce through enemies. So that was also the chase with Fabianne. We need rly be careful that we aim the head of that guy and not his body or else Fabianne can be killed by that shot aswell.

2nd attempt: chapter 6-2 and another bug. I was shootingthe last enemy (there was three where they tried to push the records container) and the bullet cam started. But I always skip that with circle but then he didnt died from my bullet and I tried to shot another bullet but he killed me then...for real. this game