Playstation Plus october 2015: official list

lesk8vaincra

And that's awesome. The best games are the ones you've never heard about. As is music.

Also, that statement you said is categorically false. In the last year, you've gotten Batman: Arkham Asylum, Deadly Premonition, the Hitman Trilogy, Duke Nukem 3D, Thief, Yakuza 4, Dishonored, God of War Ascension, Twisted Metal, Injustice, Infamous First Light, MGS Ground Zeroes, and Killzone: Mercenary. None of which you can consider remotely "indie". 

Compared to what we got before the PS4 yes what I said was true. Want to compare how many AAA games verus indies over the last 2 years? And as for the list, I wouldnt consider First Light and Ground Zeros as both are just glorified DLCs.

Considering Halloween is this month it would have been awesome if they included one of the two Metro games for PS4.

Metro 2033 Redux would have been fantastic for anyone who never played/doesn't own it.

I bought the Redux on release and even bought them again digitally when they were on sale.

This brings me to the point that anything I am interested in for the PS4/Vita I will likely already own.

So, the fact they include indies are nice, but an older AAA game now and then would be a good change of pace.

Assassin's Creed IV, Omega Quinet, NFS Rivals, Infamous SS, SR Gat of Hell, Killzone, even the amazing Wolfenstein. Why not at least one of these have been given is silly.

Only to hear...

"WTF IS THIS ANIME BS?!!!!" 

Omega Neps aren't gonna appear.

It's $12 for a brand new copy in the country I reside in.

Haha! No way! A chance to romance 5 *underage* girls. People would love the game, until they realize that all that sexual tension results in nothing because the MC can't escalate.

It's $12 for a brand new copy in the country I reside in.

Haha! No way! A chance to romance 5 *underage* girls. People would love the game, until they realize that all that sexual tension results in nothing because the MC can't escalate.

Good for you. Its 60$ for a new copy in my country.

And it was for 12$ (?) in a flashsale.

... Europe is meh when its about games.

After my initial disappointment (before seeing trophy lists + gameplay, since I never looked into most of them), I analyzed all games difficulty (trophy wise) as well as the gameplay, and I see me playing Broken Age for sure, as well as Unmechanical Extended... I would probably check Chariot, but my ps3 died, and they aren't giving the ps4 version of this game...

Not as bad as I initially tough, but still far from the good old days.

Can't you send me like 100 copies? xD

As Nep said, it's around 60 bucks here (well "here", I can't get it unless I import it from neighbor country shop xD)

I would be surprised if there were 100 copies left in the country!

If you understand Korean you're in luck, otherwise gotta cross your fingers that Zavvi has a big sale on niche games.

As far as I'm concerned the Plus/IGC has always represented good value.   It's £3-5 a month...   Unfortunately most people are comparing the service to a time when we were, let's be honest here, utterly spoiled with AAA & top quality titles...could it really go on like that?    My only gripe with the indie offerings isn't with the games themselves, for the most part, but that as an avid supporter of the indie dev, I've purposely stopped buying indie games because month after month I was already owning at least half of the 6 games on offer...and that is unfortunate for the indie dev that now doesn't benefit from my purchases.   

I would reiterate what a few others have said, and say on an apparently monthly basis, don't write off the games...just because they're indies, there are some fun, quality and moving experiences to be had with a lot of these games...

• Like 3

As far as I'm concerned the Plus/IGC has always represented good value.   It's £3-5 a month...   Unfortunately most people are comparing the service to a time when we were, let's be honest here, utterly spoiled with AAA & top quality titles...could it really go on like that?    My only gripe with the indie offerings isn't with the games themselves, for the most part, but that as an avid supporter of the indie dev, I've purposely stopped buying indie games because month after month I was already owning at least half of the 6 games on offer...and that is unfortunate for the indie dev that now doesn't benefit from my purchases.   

I would reiterate what a few others have said, and say on an apparently monthly basis, don't write off the games...just because they're indies, there are some fun, quality and moving experiences to be had with a lot of these games...

Personally I love the fact that PS+ does mostly indie games, it definately gets me to try new things that I probably wouldn't have tried before. I do wish they'd give us a bit more variety though, they seem to mainly be giving us platformer and puzzle games at the moment, I want some more RPGs!!

• Like 2

The blog just released the officiel PS+ game for october:

Personnaly, i'm really excited for Broken Age, super meat boy and chariot. Maybe kickbeat.

I already own kung fu rabbit (and i didn't especially liked it...) and unmechanical is a big meh for me :)

As a continued PS3 devotee, I'm so tired of "puzzle platformers" or "puzzle adventures" from Sony. It seems to be either that or some huge file from some AAA game that's years old and needs a boost in its online community.

Personally I love the fact that PS+ does mostly indie games, it definately gets me to try new things that I probably wouldn't have tried before. I do wish they'd give us a bit more variety though, they seem to mainly be giving us platformer and puzzle games at the moment, I want some more RPGs!!

While I do enjoy my puzzle games, I would love a little variety, as well. I still get my money's worth from PlusPlus, of course. :) But an RPG would be awesome.

While I do enjoy my puzzle games, I would love a little variety, as well. I still get my money's worth from PlusPlus, of course. :) But an RPG would be awesome.

Yeah, I can't disagree with either of you, there was one month, just recently I think, where 5 of the 6 games on offer were pixel-art platformers...that's not clever and the IGC team deserve some criticism for that.   

I would think that the service will see other AAA titles in time but not regularly, at least not for a few years yet, people forget that the 'golden era' of Plus games came around 5 years (maybe?) into the PS3 cycle...we might see something like that in years to come when the PS4 library somewhat catches up with the vast numbers of big titles on the other hardware...it's possible.

Back to the indies...I enjoy them, mostly, and the value is always there.   If there was no IGC/Plus but there was a monthly offer of 6 indie games for a paltry £3-5...I'd likely buy it every month!

I do understand the arguments made against the service nowadays, and I wouldn't dare to judge those that feel backed into a corner with having to pay for online...and endure a perceived dip in IGC quality, but I think some perspective is warranted, is it really that bad for these people?   I'd be astonished if some genuinely couldn't have a good time with any, and I mean any, indie title on the service, as I said, there's some great indies out there many of which put big budget AAA production line mediocrity to shame!   It's everyone's own right to feel how they do regarding the Plus games, but I can't wrap my head around the sheer outrage some express, to me it's still a good value deal, it's £3-5 a month!  :D

• Like 1

I'd be astonished if some genuinely couldn't have a good time with any, and I mean any, indie title on the service, as I said, there's some great indies out there many of which put big budget AAA production line mediocrity to shame!   It's everyone's own right to feel how they do regarding the Plus games, but I can't wrap my head around the sheer outrage some express, to me it's still a good value deal, it's £3-5 a month!   :D

I'm normally happy as long as there is one game that I like the look of, I've been a member of PS+ for a couple of years now so if I'm honest I have a huge backlog of titles that I haven't got round to trying yet. I do get why people get frustrated with the service but I really don't think it's that expensive, even without the AAA titles I think we get good value for our money

• Like 1