Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

On 22.5.2017 at 1:41 AM, soultaker655 said:

At this point all admins need to do is update the hall of fame of their PP, add people to the PP, and add games to the PP.

The Leaderboard is maintained by the community,  so everyone is in charge of updating their  Leaderboard score.

Thank you for the info :D

On 21.5.2017 at 7:17 PM, kuuhaku said:

I'm done with Vocaloid PP. Someone else can have it if they want.

I can take over it if it`s ok

Edited by Glenn Radars

On 5/21/2017 at 5:37 PM, Glenn Radars said:

Is the admin of PP Lego done with it? It`s been un-update for 4 months and almost all of the rank pics is gone

I have a question, What kinds of skill do I need to maintain a PP?

On 5/21/2017 at 6:41 PM, soultaker655 said:

At this point all admins need to do is update the hall of fame of their PP, add people to the PP, and add games to the PP.

The Leaderboard is maintained by the community,  so everyone is in charge of updating their  Leaderboard score.

I messaged Cass about her pictures not showing for the trophies and she said she is not doing the PP anymore.

On another note, what is the deal with stuff not being updated? I know RL gets in the way and then some have moved to PS4. I mean I know Soul put his up for adoption and a couple other did as well.I know mine hasn't been updated, but that's because no body has played anything or been on the site in forever(sigh). So what do we do about the PP's that nobody's going to update?

It is a bit disappointing a lot of people not updating their threads. You shouldn't have created it if you didn't plan to maintain it. That being said i understand why some like Soultaker don't want to keep going i mean he has like 8 threads :P but at least he is trying to find new owners. 

@Sly Ripper i suggest bringing in an option of changing hosts on threads such as project platinum threads, gaming events etc. Otherwise a lot of duplicate threads will be made (like is already happening) which im sure you wouldn't want. Just some food for thought :)

• Like 1

Personally... I'd be willing to handle the Killzone and Sonic (and maybe Uncharted) PPs, if the current host couldn't maintain them any longer.

... Also, can like a Dragon Ball PP be made...?

4 hours ago, JadedDragos said:

I messaged Cass about her pictures not showing for the trophies and she said she is not doing the PP anymore.

So She was Done with it, why Could She not just Say ``I'm done with Lego PP`` like Kuuhaku did or put it up for adoption like Soul did.

2 hours ago, Jak said:

Also, can like a Dragon Ball PP be made...?

Dragon Ball is part of Shonen Jump PP

I can't force people to update their threads. If someone else wants to make a new thread of an inactive one they're free to do so. Although i'd suggest to shoot the original owner a message before creating a new thread to keep things less confusing.

4 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

@Sly Ripper i suggest bringing in an option of changing hosts on threads such as project platinum threads, gaming events etc. Otherwise a lot of duplicate threads will be made (like is already happening) which im sure you wouldn't want. Just some food for thought :)

I've asked this in the past, unless something changed i don't think it's possible. I know he did it once for the THL thread but that was before the site update.

3 hours ago, Jak said:

Personally... I'd be willing to handle the Killzone and Sonic (and maybe Uncharted) PPs, if the current host couldn't maintain them any longer.

... Also, can like a Dragon Ball PP be made...?

Seeing as how @Gibbo_0113 posted here i think the KZ & uncharted are good. I know the sonic one is good as well.

38 minutes ago, Glenn Radars said:

That particular PP can get really messy real soon with the huge amount of games elligible for it, and most of the series on it have enough games to have their own PP in the first place, IMO it's an unecessary PP to have around, and a troublessome one to 100% as well...

• Like 1

So after taking some time to reflect the following threads are still up for adoption

Alien Invasion

Hitman

Angels & Demons

Transformers

But I am taking the Xcom games out of Alien Invasion and making a Xcom PP. Because that is the PP thread I originally wanted to make.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

That particular PP can get really messy real soon with the huge amount of games elligible for it, and most of the series on it have enough games to have their own PP in the first place, IMO it's an unecessary PP to have around, and a troublessome one to 100% as well...

@jem12345 is in charge of that PP so if someone wants to make a DBZ, Naruto, or One Piece PP you have to talk to him about it, but just asking is not enough because it just comes off as people asking him to make the Shonen Jump PP easier to 100%. 

What are people's real reasons for wanting the DBZ, Naruto, or One Piece PPs? Saying stuff like they deserve there own PP or that they have enough games or that it's unfair that Jem swooped in at the start and claimed all those games is kind of silly because due to the rules at the start of PP. Someone could have just as easily made a square-enix PP and claimed the final fantasy, dragon quest, Hitman, tomb raider, and deus ex games.

You guys should give Jem an actual reason why he should let those games go and show some effort by making the Banner and Trophies for the PP you want before you even ask. Sure that effort might go to waste, but at least you guys would have tried something instead of just complaining about.

And before anyone say something like"but you are taking the Xcom games out of the Alien Invasion PP" I can do that because I am the admin of the Alien Invasion PP just as Jem is the admin of the Shonen Jump PP. Unless Zone says something different all PP admins have full control over the PP they are admin of.

Edited by soultaker655

9 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

So after taking some time to reflect the following threads are still up for adoption

Alien Invasion

Hitman

Angels & Demons

Transformers

But I am taking the Xcom games out of Alien Invasion and making a Xcom PP. Because that is the PP thread I originally wanted to make.

@jem12345 is in charge of that PP so if someone wants to make a DBZ, Naruto, or One Piece PP you have to talk to him about it, but just asking is not enough because it just comes off as people asking him to make the Shonen Jump PP easier to 100%.

What are people's real reasons for wanting the DBZ, Naruto, or One Piece PPs? Saying stuff like they deserve there own PP or that they have enough games or that it's unfair that Jem swooped in at the start and claimed all those games is kind of silly because due to the rules at the start of PP. Someone could have just as easily made a square-enix PP and claimed the final fantasy, dragon quest, Hitman, tomb raider, and deus ex games.

You guys should give Jem an actual reason why he should let those games go and show some effort by making the Banner and Trophies for the PP you want before you even ask. Sure that effort might go to waste, but at least you guys would have tried something instead of just complaining about.

And before anyone say something like"but you are taking the Xcom games out of the Alien Invasion PP" I can do that because I am the admin of the Alien Invasion PP just as Jem is the admin of the Shonen Jump PP. Unless Zone says something different all PP admins have full control over the PP they are admin of.

It's not about being easier to 100%, it's because they can get out of hand, and honestly the chances of lots of people having an interest of playing every game in those PPs are slim to none, for example fans of DB might have no interest in Naruto at all and are automatically locked out of that PP for example. I couldn't care less though, people are free to do whatever they want with these, just putting in my 2 cents that's all...

Same way I'm against PPs that force you to double dip on Platinums for highest rank, why plat the same game more then once so you can get top ranking you know? But again, it's not up to me...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

It's not about being easier to 100%, it's because they can get out of hand, and honestly the chances of lots of people having an interest of playing every game in those PPs are slim to none, for example fans of DB might have no interest in Naruto at all and are automatically locked out of that PP for example. I couldn't care less though, people are free to do whatever they want with these, just putting in my 2 cents that's all...

Same way I'm against PPs that force you to double dip on Platinums for highest rank, why plat the same game more then once so you can get top ranking you know? But again, it's not up to me...

Have you ever talked to @jem12345 about it? 

Because from my perspective as a admin around 60%-70% of the people who join a PP never even try to rank up, they are just looking at the PP to see what game they have and say hey add me.

Those DB fans you are talking about are free to join the Shonen Jump PP and get the DB awards. They will still get the self satisfaction of finishing the DB games and get a PP trophy for it udB9PME.png The only thing they won't get in that situation is the 12 points on the leaderboard. 

As for the double dip PPs, Have you talked to those admins about it? I see @SkyesUnholy was thinking about changing the Assassin Creed PP and it seems like @Xionx is kind of tired of how complicated the Metal Gear PP has gotten. I have no idea why @GarciaFever made Atelier a double diper, but there are now more Atelier games so talk to him about it. The LittleBigPlanet PP needs to be stacked or it can't exist, especially since LittleBigPlanet Karting maybe unobtainable soon. I'm pretty sure @ExHaseo hasn't updated the capcom fighter PP in a year so ask him to put it up for adoption if he's done with it.

Edited by soultaker655

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

it seems like @Xionx is kind of tired of how complicated the Metal Gear PP has gotten.

Yes, thats true. But my PP was befor we decided to Set up rules and all that. MG PP was second after Zonehunters first (nep PP) and my idea was to not copy it and creat some unique ranks. But i didnt realised how complicated and how much work it is to go through every single person to find out which special ranks they fullfill.

I wanted to recreat it with easier rules (just amount of Plats like other PPs), but 1) i have feeling i would dissapoint the few ppl who actually reached high ranks 2) its little bit late to change all that 3) until July i still have lot to do for University so not time/nerves to work on that.

I will continue to maintain my PP´s . But please give me some time to sort out all important stuff in my live :)

2 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

The main reason the Shonen Jump PP is so large is that while some series qualify for their own PP, others would not. Out of the 28 games currently in the PP, 11 of them are from series that wouldn't be able to stand on their own. Also, once you take out One Piece, DBZ, and Naruto, it just doesn't really feel like a Shonen Jump PP anymore.

I know many people won't try to get every plat in the series, but I don't want to ruin the fun for people who are still trying (I'm hoping to finally get to the top sometime next year). Like @soultaker655 said, if you don't want to plat every game, just go for the emblems you want. The leaderboard is dead anyway, so emblems pretty much have the same value at this point.

On a side note, I once thought about making side-tabs in the statistics page to show how close everyone is to each emblem, but that would require searching through 79 different profiles. It's something I'd only do if people really cared about it.

3 hours ago, Glenn Radars said:

Pretty sure theres a rule for specific game series to have their own PP and be part of "party up/multi" PPs.

3 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

.Seeing as how @Gibbo_0113 posted here i think the KZ & uncharted are good. I know the sonic one is good as well.

I... was... speaking... indefinitely

..... If the hosts couldnt handle them now... or in the future.

3 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

That's a great point, really a generally great point. Dragon Ball and Naruto alone rack up a good amount of games in their respective franchises, enough for their own and good quality PPs. It actually sucks that they'd rather and only (at least currently) be part of a "meshed" thread. Like imagine if Ratchet & Clank were part of a 3rd Person Shooter (or something less broad) primarily, Sly part of a Stealth/Ampromorphic platforming/Etc PP. 

(Should have been submitted several hrs ago, oops.)

3 minutes ago, Jak said:

Pretty sure theres a rule for specific game series to have their own PP and be part of "party up/multi" PPs.

The Shonen Jump PP was made before those rules were made so it is exempt from that rule. It's up to @jem12345 what happens with those games and he just posted his thoughts on the matter.

13 hours ago, Glenn Radars said:

So She was Done with it, why Could She not just Say ``I'm done with Lego PP`` like Kuuhaku did or put it up for adoption like Soul did.

I don't know why she didn't do that Glenn

12 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Have you ever talked to @jem12345 about it?

Because from my perspective as a admin around 60%-70% of the people who join a PP never even try to rank up, they are just looking at the PP to see what game they have and say hey add me.

Those DB fans you are talking about are free to join the Shonen Jump PP and get the DB awards. They will still get the self satisfaction of finishing the DB games and get a PP trophy for it udB9PME.png The only thing they won't get in that situation is the 12 points on the leaderboard.

As for the double dip PPs, Have you talked to those admins about it? I see @SkyesUnholy was thinking about changing the Assassin Creed PP and it seems like @Xionx is kind of tired of how complicated the Metal Gear PP has gotten. I have no idea why @GarciaFever made Atelier a double diper, but there are now more Atelier games so talk to him about it. The LittleBigPlanet PP needs to be stacked or it can't exist, especially since LittleBigPlanet Karting maybe unobtainable soon. I'm pretty sure @ExHaseo hasn't updated the capcom fighter PP in a year so ask him to put it up for adoption if he's done with it.

No, since that one particular PP was done before the rules it's his call, and since he doesn't want to change it anyway it's not worth the trouble. But with all the DB, Naruto and One Piece games getting released every year you can expect that PP reaching over 50 games in no time, and like I said that can turn really overwhelming really soon...

And I do try to rank up, not because of the PPs themselves but because I actually enjoy getting every game from a franchise I like, but I'm not gonna double dip or play a game I'm not interested in because of this, especially when the whole thing is just dying out anyway...

I've talked with @SkyesUnholy about the AC PP already, and I believe it was because of that he decide to make some changes to it, the others I don't really care about so why would I talk with them about those? LBP is an exception though, like you said not enough games otherwise, and that's ok I guess.

20 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

The Shonen Jump PP was made before those rules were made so it is exempt from that rule. It's up to @jem12345 what happens with those games and he just posted his thoughts on the matter.

Wasnt there exceptions still made after the rule was taken off? (Idka.) Generally dont see the issue... over-looking a simple rule (which can easily be changed by the PP Admin) for 1 series.... or a few. The worse that can happen is getting 1 or a few new franchise PPs. (But what's actually bad about that?) The rule does not need to stay in place since PP's debut, and revoking the rule isnt going to create any non-balance. And getting the filler DB/Naruto/OP/Etc reward on the SPP isnt really a good point.

Preventing other ppl from making a PP for the respective 2-3 franchise simply looks greedy and petty (unless im missing something....). They wouldnt at all harm his PP, nor would they detract from his PP. If anything they'd promote his, so again, why purposely prevent determined ppl to make a few PP threads? 

31 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:

1f606.png Over my dead body.

Like I said... if something came up with hosts. Obviously you wouldn't even remotely give yourself the second to think about handing it to me now.... <_<

8 hours ago, Jak said:

Obviously you wouldn't even remotely give yourself the second to think about handing it to me now.... <_<

Or ever. Forget over my dead body, my rotting carcass, with my entrails falling out would come back just to prevent you ever getting your hands on that PP.

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 4

After reading some of the previous comments, here are my thoughts:

Nobody is forced to join any PPs. They are there for entertainment purposes, and also for those people who enjoy playing the franchise. If it makes people feel better about themselves, I can change the platinum rank requirements for my PP. It just sucks that people are complaining on the amount of games that are needed to reach a rank in which I feel has no purpose other than to say that I have played every game in said PP/franchise.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2017 at 8:44 PM, LeetWolf2 said:

Or ever. Forget over my dead body, my rotting carcass, with my entrails falling out would come back just to prevent you ever getting your hands on that PP.

Extremely petty... I'm a huge unbiased (given I like the 2D & 3D games) and passionate Sonic fan... but w/e yo.

Edited by Jak