Why is there no HATE for Telltale Games Games?

elfennf

Yeah they could but the whole point of telltale games is you only play them once because they don't offer the choice itself it's mostly the illusion of choice but if you only play it once you won't know that the choices on their games are actually minimal but the game tricks you into thinking you have control over it 

That's not the whole point to their games. The fake choices were their way of trying to give their game replay-ability, and really that's what any developer wants for their game. That's also why they give you multiple endings.

• Like 1

I was playing through tales from borderlands and game of thrones first episodes that was free to download on the psn store.  Lots of people complain and throw hissy fits about games like terminator salvation or magus, but really these are much much worse. u do the minimum and get a gold/platinum trophy. I agree they are not bad games, but most people are playing them for the very easy trophies and not the story.

Because Telltale games design their games to have stronger storytelling rather than stronger game-play. That is also why the Minecraft: SM isn't as popular as their old games. Magus and Terminator:S are designed to have good game-play but they fall short on this feat and that's why people complain. One company values storytelling and does it good while the other two value game-play over storytelling and does it bad. 

"Because they are good"... yeah buddy it's subjective.

I don't like the games, I find them all to be the same thing and all to be unfathomably boring.

Terminator or Magus aren't "cheaper" either, I actually like playing term salvation lol.

Played it through like 10 times, TWD; not so much.

Telltale games aren't called "cheap" because the majority of people who've played them  have enjoyed them.

Bu they're absolutely cheap, if any one calls you cheap for having term salvation but doesn't call you cheap for having TWD just block them with the ignore feature.

You don't need to know people that bloody stupid exist. ;)

• Like 1

All the games I've played (Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Sam & Max, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead) are all relatively easy to get all trophies/platinum in.  Saying most people play for the platinum isn't really fair though.  Game of Thrones actually flows into the TV series, so a lot of people play that to fill the void between the previous season and the next.

There is definitely some hate for their games though.  Personally I despise their piss-poor graphics.  Considering most of their games don't even involve moving a lot of the time their graphics could easily be high quality and better detailed.  And you must not have heard of how awful Jurassic Park was.  That game was just terrible and most people did not like it.  I bought it on sale extremely cheap, I think like $2 honestly, for some easy trophies.  Thankfully I avoided the many freezing issues it has.

Overall people just enjoy the story though, despite the graphics and little gameplay.  The model of putting out new games every few months also builds some anticipation.  If you're playing for the trophies alone you're looking at a platinum that will take around a year to complete if you start from launch.  If you don't enjoy the story you'll get bored incredibly easily, making the platinum a less-than-enjoyable one.  They aren't the best games though in terms of quality, so I don't see how you miss out on the hate that is certainly there.  Those saying that there is no hate because they're great are a bit deluded, every game has people that hate it for one reason or another.

• Like 1

Why should I hate a game just because it'll give me an easy plat? When it comes to storytelling Telltale actually does a hell of a great job, a far better one than most other developers nowadays do. You could, of course, disagree, but seeing that you don't I wonder if the simple fact that a plat comes easy pisses you off?

What I don't like about TT games is the performance issues when playing. I didn't notice it in BttF or TWD but it was really noticeable in GoT and borderlands.

I noticed it with all the games you noticed that I've played on PS3, but didn't notice this on PS4.

Believe it, some people do play them for the story. That's why I played The Walking Dead games. That's also why I don't play any of the others because I'm not interested in Game of Thrones or that Fables one.. Or Minecraft. I might get Tales from the Borderlands later though since I like the games. Sure, some people get them for the trophies, but not everyone does that.

I was playing through tales from borderlands and game of thrones first episodes that was free to download on the psn store.  Lots of people complain and throw hissy fits about games like terminator salvation or magus, but really these are much much worse. u do the minimum and get a gold/platinum trophy. I agree they are not bad games, but most people are playing them for the very easy trophies and not the story.

Certainly, from a trophy standpoint, these games are lazy. I've mentioned the same in many of my Amazon reviews.

But I actually enjoy the development of the stories for the most part. I think that the ballyhooed choice factor is overstated (and at times, non-existent, at least for Walking Dead games). But I still enjoyed the general production.

To each his own, I guess...

"Telltale Games will remember that."

Good retort!

• Like 1

Certainly, from a trophy standpoint, these games are lazy. I've mentioned the same in many of my Amazon reviews.

But I actually enjoy the development of the stories for the most part. I think that the ballyhooed choice factor is overstated (and at times, non-existent, at least for Walking Dead games). But I still enjoyed the general production.

To each his own, I guess...

Good retort!

Thanks! I liked how that popped up if you skipped the credits in Tales from the borderlands.

Don't get me wrong, I love their modern grim games and TFTB will be great fun so far. But in terms of minute-by-minute entertainment, I remember loving every point of TWD and Games Of Throne.

The style, humour, gameplay and emotional rollercoaster-ness was Telltale at their peak. <3 TTG Games