Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

On 24/05/2017 at 11:11 PM, Terra said:

Since they did LEGO Harry Potter collection, why not do bring LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Star Wars II to the PS4? They can bundle it with the Complete Saga and Force Awakens!

This would be a dream come true for me.  And while we're at it, how about (lego indiana jones the original adventures).  And of course with trophies and a platinum.

Edited by Jun_Kazama316

• 2 weeks later...

Good topic @Finozzi1696

The PlayStation 2 has a great library of games that I still play to this day.

After reading this topic, I think everyone has been spot-on with their choices.

If I could pick a PS2 game, or series for that matter, it would be the Conflict series.

This includes;

Conflict: Desert Storm

Conflict: Desert Storm II

Conflict: Vietnam

Conflict: Global Storm

I would love a remaster with trophy support, without changing the core gameplay like the Hitman HD trilogy on the PS3.

That would be my choice.

MattedSpam

Edited by MattedSpam
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2017 at 3:54 AM, Kapika96 said:

I'd love to see the TimeSplitters trilogy!

3 fantastic games that aren't playable anymore unless you're lucky enough to own a still working old console. Plus going for the trophies on them would be a tonne of fun!

This. 

I'd also like to see Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity make an appearance. With the success of N. Sanity Trilogy, hopefully Activision will see the logic (and the dividends) of releasing these two, if not from the ground up then just as a standard PS2-to-PS4 port. Complete with plats, of course.

• Like 1

GrimGrimoire would be nice. I really liked that game and I'm usually not one for real time strategy. I realize it has a snowball's chance in hell though, as obscure as it is. But hey, some higher-up at N1 could theoretically bump their head on something and have Vanillaware give it the Odin Sphere treatment after they're done with 13 Sentinels though. Whenever that happens.

7 hours ago, TooruPT said:

GrimGrimoire would be nice. I really liked that game and I'm usually not one for real time strategy. I realize it has a snowball's chance in hell though, as obscure as it is. But hey, some higher-up at N1 could theoretically bump their head on something and have Vanillaware give it the Odin Sphere treatment after they're done with 13 Sentinels though. Whenever that happens.

Grim Grimoire was a great game. I had lots of fun playing it.

58 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Grim Grimoire was a great game. I had lots of fun playing it.

It's a shame it didn't get as much attention as Odin Sphere. Funnily enough I was just checking the dates and even in Japan they were both released in 2007 and just one month apart to boot. Pretty unusual for a small dev like Vanillaware. I suppose being released in the same timeframe didn't do GG any favours.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2017 at 6:18 PM, Bubblyfishes said:

The Lord of the Rings games. They are one of the very few licensed games that are actually really good and fun.

The Fellowship of the Ring wasn't based on Jackson's film, so characters don't really look like their movie counterparts... Other than that and the slightly clunky combat, it was decent.

The Two Towers was a major step ahead and had a great combat system, fun missions and tied in well with the movies.

The Return of the King was basically a finetuned Two Towers, with a deeper combat system, XP system, more characters to play as and more storylines to follow. The arena challenges were also really entertaining.

But my favourite LOTR game on PS2 still remains The Third Age. Think Final Fantasy meets, uhm, fantasy. It was a great turn-based RPG, with brand new characters, including cameos from movie characters. Plus, it was very difficult on the highest setting. Definitely worth checking out.

Another game I really enjoyed that was set in the universe was The Hobbit. I guess it was slightly more childish than Fellowship but Bilbo had a lot more personality than Frodo did in that game. I agree that ROTK especially was a big step up from Fellowship. Going the more realistic/movie-like route worked really well unlike some other movie tie ins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Another game I really enjoyed that was set in the universe was The Hobbit. I guess it was slightly more childish than Fellowship but Bilbo had a lot more personality than Frodo did in that game. I agree that ROTK especially was a big step up from Fellowship. Going the more realistic/movie-like route worked really well unlike some other movie tie ins.

Unfortunately I never played The Hobbit but I heard it's a childhood classic for many. Really hoping these games find their way into the classics at some point.

Also, where's Battle For Middle-Earth III at?!

Edited by Bubblyfishes

On 01/09/2017 at 9:29 PM, Firefoxie said:

I'd like to see Silent Hill 1-4 and Suikoden 3-5, but seeing how they're IPs own by Konami I doubt it'll happen sadly. I like to see Clock Tower 3, Obsure the first game, Wild Arms Alter Code F and 5, and Haunting Ground. 

Silent hill 1 is a PS1 game but i loved that they would brought it in ps4 with trophy version .. but this is almost impossible to happen, konami are currently sellouts!  just see that PS3 version they only gave remaster to SH2 and 3. .. maybe 4 is not as good as previous ones but it's pathetic don't include it in this collection..

In another words bring all horror ps2 games :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

Silent hill 1 is a PS1 game but i loved that they would brought it in ps4 with trophy version .. but this is almost impossible to happen, konami are currently sellouts!  just see that PS3 version they only gave remaster to SH2 and 3. .. maybe 4 is not as good as previous ones but it's pathetic don't include it in this collection..

In another words bring all horror ps2 games :P

Yeah, I'm not sure why I wrote Silent Hill 1 as a PS2 game. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing, but I do wish that Sony would add ps1 classics to the PS4. Yeah Konami is too busy making stupid pachinko machines instead of making video games. I'm still pissed off at them for canceling Silent Hills or aka PT. Another series I'd like to see as PS2 classics is Fatal Frame, but since Nintendo has bought the IP I think that's probably never going to happen sadly. Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get Rule of Rose. I hear that is a really great horror game from the PS2 gen. I forgot to add that to the list earlier.

Edited by Firefoxie