This game really sucks on PS3

I had played the free first episode, and stupidly, I decided I should finish it on PS3. 

The game slows to a crawl all of the time. It's crashed 3 different times (and one time, it crashed my system when I tried to quit out of the game). Is this game really so hard to implement on the PS3? 

It's too bad - I have a blast playing (well, watching) the game when it works. Unfortunately, I'm just playing out the string now, waiting for the end, since the game also goes sluggish through so many actions and conversations that the rhythm is broken completely.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

There's only so much good a forum post will do. 

TellTale's support email address is here: [email protected]. Maybe send them an email voicing your displeasure at the buggy experience and they might prioritise some engine development before they churn out the next game? Who knows.

Doubtful, they have literally always done this, it's unlikely that nobody's complained by now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow! what kind of a ps3 do you have?

I got TWD season 1, sam and max the devil play house, game of throne season 1, back to the future episode 1. All of them were the free to play ones and all of them are the ps3 versions. include played the trial versions of tales from Borderland episode 1 and minecraft story mode... None of them have crashed my ps3, not even once!

sure the games may lag a bit and frame rate might gose down from 60FPS to 30 or 25 but nothing too serious like freezing my whole ps3 or the entier game crushed. these are a Tt mades, so it's not surprising for them to had a very poor performance, Tt are known for these shitty performance stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

There's only so much good a forum post will do. 

TellTale's support email address is here: [email protected]. Maybe send them an email voicing your displeasure at the buggy experience and they might prioritise some engine development before they churn out the next game? Who knows. 

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/36010-telltales-game-engine-is-getting-an-upgrade/

I'm pretty sure it's entirely due to this forum post. IN THE FACE!!!

• Like 1

This is a problem all of their games have had, and it's disgusting they haven't fixed it yet. Maybe it's to do with the fact that they have to churn them out all the time now, but it was bad then, so there's no excuse in my book. It never crashed on me on my PS3, but loading new areas and cutscenes was a god damn nightmare and really immersion breaking. It's just pure laziness at this point. I can't imagine the PS4 version being much better unless someone would like to correct me on that. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i have not had any problems with tales from the  borderlands so far ( been playing it on playstation now ) the only game that has frustrated me so far on ps now is jurassic park the game and maybe you are being unfair to the playstation 3 version

Edited by DeathofRats09

Reminds me of my attempt to play through The Walking Dead Season One on the PS3 with the disc copy.  Scenes were over before they even fully loaded most of the time, it was a completely unplayable mess.  Only because of the fact you don't actually "do much" in the game, did I manage to finish it.

I think the digital copies of these Telltale games run significantly better, avoid the discs at all cost on the PS3.  PS4 discs are fine though (since they install to the HDD anyways).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any issues, worked almost good as Ps4 version, only a little bit lag after downloading screen, thats all.

I guess that biggest problems are in Super slim consoles, becouse many games lag and freeze in my Super slim 500gb, but same games works just fine in my 320gb Slim console. I hate Ps3 Super slim.

Edited by TuomasH92

I'm pretty sure it's a harddrive issue. A hell of a lot of data (for whatever reason) gets clunked about when changing scenes, transition or before a QTE event. I had problems on one of my PS3 consoles and not on the other. Vita also has issues, but it's not every single time, just most of the time. Since one of my PS3s didn't have issues, I can only assume it's how well your data is being streaming from the PS3 harddrive.

That really is the only way to describe it, I guess that's what you get when you have a game engine and you port it to absolutely everything at once and expect it to work.

Better to be safe than sure, when you play the game, don't have any other apps or whatever in the background and don't press the XMB mid game, and you should be ok.

Episodes 1-4 ran fine but 5 was a near unplayable mess that barely ran at all on the PS3, yet the PS4 version was nearly flawless :(. None of TTG's games work properly on any system, because they are completely unoptimised so run like crap for the most part. The PS4 versions run better for the most but some of them still have frame-rate, stability and audio/subtitle sync issues, despite supposedly running on a new engine they created specifically for the next gen consoles :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.