Uncharted 4 delayed until April 26

snakebit10

Im so happy about this lol. I really want this game to be awesome, I want Naughty Dog to have the perfect record across all their games lol. No but this only is good honestly. They always talk about how important the month delay was for the Last of Us, so I couldn't be happier for them.

ALSO, a little more time to deal with my backlog in the beginning of the year wich is Ratchet, Far Cry, Uncharted, Street Fighter, omg :D

Edit: So Street Fighter V and Gravity Rush Remaster in February and Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4 in April.  PRETTY solid start of the year lol.

#ColinWasRight

#ColinWasRight 

• Like 2

Every dev should take a course that say's don't announce a game until it's 80% just off the top of my head FFXV 10 year's,Uncharted 4 couple year's with 2 delay's,The last guardian 9 year's,Kingdom heart's 3 you won't see for year's,The legend of zelda delay city with 3, and of course FF7 in 20 year's.

I agree with you, especially in Squares point of view as they tend to announce game like this. 'We're excited to announce this game, we just finished the concept arts of this game so its super early in development'

However I do have to point out that some of your examples up there is pretty bad. FFXV wasn't supposed to take this long, actually it hasn't even gone through a normal development cycle. It isn't the same game as it once was and has only been in development since what, 2012 I belive. KH3 did get announced way to soon yes, but it isn't Squares fault as Nomura didn't want it to be announced, however Disney forced them to do so.

Uncharted and Last Guardian was both supposed to be out earlier, the PS3 just couldn't handle the physics of Trico in the game so no matter how much they tried they couldn't do it and Uncharted got delayed for good reasons too. Again, I do agree with you that developers should wait until they announce something (It felt pretty obvious that U4 would get delayed when it was announced)

I will say I like delays a lot, but I don't like when developers announce stuff too early. When FFVII Remake is announced and has only been in development for 6 months is just stupid and honeslty a hypekiller.

Can't say I'm surprised. Most major releases have been or are being delayed. They should just stop announcing release dates altogether until they know exactly around what time they are releasing it. And then just announce it the month before it comes out, fuck the hype trains and keep it simple.

I agree with you, especially in Squares point of view as they tend to announce game like this. 'We're excited to announce this game, we just finished the concept arts of this game so its super early in development'

However I do have to point out that some of your examples up there is pretty bad. FFXV wasn't supposed to take this long, actually it hasn't even gone through a normal development cycle. It isn't the same game as it once was and has only been in development since what, 2012 I belive. KH3 did get announced way to soon yes, but it isn't Squares fault as Nomura didn't want it to be announced, however Disney forced them to do so.

Uncharted and Last Guardian was both supposed to be out earlier, the PS3 just couldn't handle the physics of Trico in the game so no matter how much they tried they couldn't do it and Uncharted got delayed for good reasons too. Again, I do agree with you that developers should wait until they announce something (It felt pretty obvious that U4 would get delayed when it was announced)

I will say I like delays a lot, but I don't like when developers announce stuff too early. When FFVII Remake is announced and has only been in development for 6 months is just stupid and honeslty a hypekiller.

Ya they were bad example's but it was really just to show how long we've been waiting. I love what fallout 4 did the game was done and at e3 a date was set that was perfect nothing could kill the hype at that point since it was completed.

• Like 1

Most of you seem to be ok with the delay. Normally, I would be too....if it was the first delay. The fact that it was already delayed from late 2015 to March 2016, and then delayed again to April 2016 means this game could very well have more problems than it's worth.

Sure, I am all for getting it right, but as the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." This isn't looking good for the conclusion to a wonderful series.

So no, I am not ok with this being delayed again. They should have figured it all out the first time.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Most of you seem to be ok with the delay. Normally, I would be too....if it was the first delay. The fact that it was already delayed from late 2015 to March 2016, and then delayed again to April 2016 means this game could very well have more problems than it's worth.

Sure, I am all for getting it right, but as the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." This isn't looking good for the conclusion to a wonderful series.

So no, I am not ok with this being delayed again. They should have figured it all out the first time.

Boohoo, games get delayed. Would you rather a buggy mess, and an unplayable multiplayer? Just so you can play the game a month earlier than you would had they spent more time working on the game? You aren't the developer, you are the consumer... No matter how whiny, or entitled you feel... you don't dictate how the game is created. Obviously they needed more time, and after the multiplayer beta... that's most likely what the hold up is, the multiplayer. An extra month of working on the game isn't going to make it the worst in the series. Problems crop up, plans change... life isn't a straight line. 

• Like 2