Project Platinum: No Refunds!

Happy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read through the entire thread and surprised no one actually brought this up, by why the inclusion of Power Gig?  That'd be extremely cost prohibitive for anyone to get at this point, and I'm sure nobody is going out of the way to get it when it when it only has 13 plat achievers. Pretty sure nobody is ever gonna get plat rank because of that. 

Edited by ggamer15

I just read through the entire thread and surprised no one actually brought this up, by why the inclusion of Power Gig?  That'd be extremely cost prohibitive for anyone to get at this point, and I'm sure nobody is going out of the way to get it when it when it only has 13 plat achievers. Pretty sure nobody is ever gonna get plat rank because of that.

It's still obtainable, so i can't really exclude it. If you can go and plat the other 19 then you'll manage this one as well.

I just read through the entire thread and surprised no one actually brought this up, by why the inclusion of Power Gig? That'd be extremely cost prohibitive for anyone to get at this point, and I'm sure nobody is going out of the way to get it when it when it only has 13 plat achievers. Pretty sure nobody is ever gonna get plat rank because of that.

Because from what I can tell, the general attitude towards mixed bag PPs is a defeatist one where it's just assumed that no one will get the plat rank, so there's no reason to bother making it reasonable.

It's still obtainable, so i can't really exclude it. If you can go and plat the other 19 then you'll manage this one as well.

You could definitely exclude it if you wanted to. You set the rules yourself, so you're only bound by what you want to do. I'm 100% certain I could plat every other game in the list if I wanted to, but I still wouldn't buy Power Gig out of principle of not spending $60+ buying an utterly horrid rhythm game. I'd rather go and continue beating my head against Rocksmith than subject myself to Power Gig.  "Bad" games that are at least short or easy can normally be justified and I can glean fun out of, but bad or broken rhythm games just aren't fun at all. 

Since you already have "replacement" games for Rambo (which will be 100%able now), would you allow using those in place of any of the games? Or at the very least now as well Ride to Hell since the DLC (and game itself) were delisted, making it technically an unachievable 100% if you didn't already own the DLC or get it illegitimate ways. 

Because from what I can tell, the general attitude towards mixed bag PPs is a defeatist one where it's just assumed that no one will get the plat rank, so there's no reason to bother making it reasonable.

Which I don't understand. What's the point in including games when no one will finish them? Same as people adding dumb stuff to the Sub/MotM clubs on .org that 99.9% of people won't go out of their way to play if they already haven't done so. 

• Like 1

Which I don't understand. What's the point in including games when no one will finish them? Same as people adding dumb stuff to the Sub/MotM clubs on .org that 99.9% of people won't go out of their way to play if they already haven't done so.

I assume the main reason behind it is that you can technically get the bronze, silver, or gold ranks instead.

Wasn't really expecting anyone to take this this seriously. Guess i'll just switch the Rambo clause over to Power Gig when i have a minute, won't affect anybody's rankings so no harm done.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...