Do you have Platinums with help from real life friend?

Cobraman70

Few good games there, and currently doing gauntlet where you keep destroying all of my food

Also may we never forget the good games in the past with your old account (rip) foc, resistance 3, dead rising 2 and many more

The fun we had with portal 2 and spelunker

And the unforgettable moments (which never happened) with resistance 2 and outrun (press the x button)

Ha ha - food is for wimps!  :)

PVZ2 coming up soon 

Hello i was wondering of anyone completed a platium with help help from a IRL friend? Like my hanna montana did my girlfriend cuz i het stuck with the dance moves:p (yeah is suck)

The thread title and original post allude to two different things.

"Platinum's with help from real life friend" is so vague that it could simply mean that a real life friend had, at some stage, played in multi-player or co-op with you while you achieved trophies on your way to eventually earning a Platinum. Then you say "completed a Platinum", inferring you couldn't have done it if not for their assistance.

Now, I have a close crew of about 8 people who all live in the same suburb/local area and we have known each other for years (since about Counter-Strike 1.3 days). we generally try to play games that have a multi-player or co-op component, so we can get together and have LAN nights. Along the way, some of these friends have been in my party while achieving trophies in Destiny, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Resogun and Borderlands 2.

While some of these friends and I went to the midnight Destiny launch in our suburb, played the game and earned a bunch of trophies together, the hardest trophy for the Platinum in that game, Flawless Raider (Complete a Raid without anyone in your fireteam dying.), was earned with a bunch of randoms I met in The Tower. I did get some help grinding out Batting 500 (Complete 500 Bounties.) in DIII:RoS with my RL friends, as well as Demolition Derby (Get a destruction callout for breaking 50 objects. - as I didn't have a character with decent AoE breaking skills) but it wasn't necessary for the Plat, as it can be done solo. I also earned a few Resogun trophies while playing co-op with a mate, but they weren't necessary in terms of achieving the Platinum, as it can also be done solo.

The only game in which a RL friend has contributed to a Platinum that couldn't have been achieved "solo" was Borderlands 2. I got help with Challenge Accepted

(Completed level 1 of all non-level-specific challenges with a single character) trophy as some of the Badass Challenges require interaction with other players in co-op or party, namely Psst, Hey Buddy... (Trade with other players), This is No Time for Lazy! (Revive a co-op partner) and Haters Gonna Hate (Win duels).

Depends how this is meant.

I've had help on steam achievements regarding co-op or multiplayer stuff before. Same when I had a ps3 way back. However I've never gotten help or a friend to do a trophy/achievement for me that is single player. I've even set up a account so my partner can try games I have shes not sure on getting without unlocking any for me by accident.(a US account too for store deals, go me:P And self boosting yay!) It wouldn't feel right to me to have a friend unlock something even if it was easy, especially if it was hard. 

Again, if it's co-op or multiplayer then that requires other people anyway so..

Edited by FetchTheBall
  • Like 1

Only 2 of my best mates have helped me with trophies

1st friend:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - help with Zombies trophies although we were having fun, we didn't see it as boosting

GTA V - majority of the online was done playing and enjoying the game, again, we didn't see it as boosting

Minecraft (PS3) - he had a world with built areas to get the majority of the trophies :P

Resident Evil 5 - Coop'ed the entire game xD

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment - grinded and did hollow missions with

2nd friend:

Far Cry 3 - the coop missions

Fifa 15 (PS4) - that stupid Extra Effort trophy -_-

Geometry Wars 3, a close friend of mine did the co-op with me.

He also helped me with the GTA V multiplayer.

Amazing guy, he doesn't even care for trophies and he helps with them

I have somebody like this, but he's my cousin. Doesn't give a f*ck about platinums even when he's really close to achieving them, yet he'll help me boost grindy trophies and persevere through hardcore playthroughs with me like BO3 on realistic, Sniper Elite 3 on authentic, etc. Glad to have him. I just wish he didn't suck at stealth.  :lol:

I've had a few IRL friends help with trophies, though not to the same extent.The first real instance occurred with BF3. I was grateful for the 1-2 friends that helped me do the BF3 co-op missions on hard; it was pretty special having them there to share the frustration (and subsequent celebration) with me, which is why I put the hardest BF3 trophy -- Drop 'Em Like Liquid -- in my trophy cabinet.