Watch_Dogs sequel officially confirmed

ShadowStar83x

I had little problem with Watch Dogs, other than the crappy songs on the radio and the drinking mini-games. I knew it wasn't going to be the end all be all hacking game. So I wasn't disappointed when my face didn't melt from the epicness. I enjoyed it for what it was, an open world hacker game.... It had some pretty decent ideas that are worth expanding on, and apparently the studios think they can expand on them. Since we know little about the game, it's a tad premature to write it off. 

• Like 2

Then they'd need to improve on everything, because there was nothing done right in that game.

I liked it a lot, even the MP was fun and I did legit. I just couldn't like the main character and the car missions were just too repetitive. I would love to do more of those building stealth missions and keep doing them with something not lethal. Fucking Metro: Last Light made me like playing games without killing, now I want to do it everytime.

No, thanks, I got a cat.

xD

Edited by TheYuriG

Everyone told me Watch Dogs sucked and they were all wrong.  It wasn't a bad game, people just expected too much from it based solely on a couple trailers.  I also liked Dead Island, despite the fact that the trailer of the family with their little girl wasn't even sorta related to the final game.  Based on the game itself, the actual gameplay, not the trailer video, it was a good game and a lot of fun.  The only trouble I had with it was the pacing.  There was a lot of downtime in the game which slightly irked me going for plat.  However, the only thing I'd say was bad and needed to be redesigned was how the game starts.  The first 'mission' was fine, but being dropped into the open world with all these options only to find out through trial and error that you are in no way equipped to do anything other than the first few main missions was kind of annoying.  This was the first game of the last 2 generations where I got stumped within 10 minutes.  It was mainly because it's impossible to evade the police (who are physic in this game) until you get some skill points and hacking tools, so pretty much all side content is impossible for the first 30 mins to an hour.  I had to look online to find out that the side content is ridiculously easy... one you level up (and it is, but only with hacks and jammers).  So yeah, that needs some kind of redesign.  The simplest way is make the few few main missions forced progression and don't allow exploration or side content until the player can get at least a hack or 2 of have access to equipment they can buy.  Once I got past the first few missions and starting upgrading my skills, I really enjoyed the game.  Yes it's not real hacking, and as someone above mentioned, your phone is more 'magic' than anything realistic, it was still a very fun game.

So I too will be buying this (most likely), but not when it comes out.  Like all my games, I only buy them at $20 or less a few months after they release.  I got Watch Dogs for $12 on sale, and I'll probably wait until the sequel is a similar price.

• Like 2

This'll probably be a day one purchase for me.

The first one was a fun game, with a decent story, but the story was all over the place and the gameplay was a bit repetitive. As a first effort though, it was stellar, at least in my opinion, and I won't be waiting a few months sitting on the fence this time around. Wait, I actually paid 60 odd bucks for this, I must have gotten it pretty quick.

Anyway, I've been looking forward to this since the tease at the end of the first game.

• Like 1