Why do YOU platinum games?

GHOZTPRIME

Mostly cause I do stuff in games I normally don't do on regular playthrough. Like, in Tales of Symphonia I beat that game 10 times on gamecube, when it release on PS3, I I went for the platinum. I didn't know their were optional bosses in the game. They were pretty hard to beat too.

• 2 weeks later...

Because trophies are viewable online and can be centralised by sites such as PSNProfiles. It's like your ultimate leaderboard of Sony/Microsoft devices that anyone can see, and you can compare your level with other players. This entice us to level up our score and also to create multiplayer sessions and meet players. And trophies created community sites like this one.

If trophies weren't sharable online, I'd not bother to hunt them.

Because it gives me a sense of accomplishment, like I actually went and did everything that the game intended for me to do and that I saw everything possible that the game had to offer and got the most out of it by doing so. Plus, it's fun to try and do everything, push myself to do things I wouldn't normally do in games. I'm not saying the Platinum makes me play the game more than I already would, but it's a nice intensive.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

well it started with the 360 all my friends got achievements and i wished i had them in the ps3 and show off to my friends and well they are fun to get and you get a good feeling when you ace it depending on the game lol i got easy plat but those were a must lol

It adds an extra element of challenge and another overall goal to the game. Some times its one that I don't mind seeing through to the end and other times its one that I only pursue to a certain point...when I know the requirements are going to interfere with my ability to enjoy the game.

I mostly platinum games I enjoy. It's also cool to keep track of your progress throughout a game by checking your trophy completion. It's rewarding to see platinums in your trophy list and it's cool to show people how many games you've played and which ones you have a 100% in.  :D

Because it gives a sense of accomplishment.Also it adds a certain extra challenges for you to overcome for the trophy that people might not do so during their normal playthrough 

Also sometimes when i am trying to plat a game, I will encounter trophies that made me do things that I did not know can be done in the game.

• Like 1

Just playing games seems like a waste of time to me now (I'm 32). Having an achievement in mind provides some motivation. It's exciting to see that trophy pop after completing the challenge....sort of like beating a game when I was a little kid. And, like Bearzoo said above, some of the trophies make you explore areas of maps/levels that you would not otherwise see! There's so much content to games these days and getting all of the trophies forces you to appreciate it.

ChipMan99.png?3288

Edited by ChipMan99
  • Like 1

My response is a little different, I started going for platinums or trophies in general because i got tired of playing competitive cod. Playing GB/MLG for4-5 years i never really had time to enjoy or play any other games really I have had my psn for almost 6 years and have only actually played about 50 games. Once I retired from competitive playing games without a purpose bored me I always have to have a goal. Competitive kind of ruined gaming for me in that aspect, but trophy hunting reignited my spark for video games. I don't really care about 100 percents I just go for platinums and move on but that could change in the future. 

Probably for the same reason I like collecting games. Part-completionist, part anal-retentive. Though, if a game's platinum seems like it will be pretty much impossible for me, or will get too tedious, I won't go for it. I probably enjoy getting a higher average completion % than going for platinums.

The biggest mystery related to me, why the hell am I killing myself with all these trophies? OCD without know it?

The funny thing is that I could stop one day but I don't, is like that I collect trophies automatically, like a machine, I don't care about the competition so why I'm focusing on hard plats too? maybe because I refuse all the things that besmirch the soul so there aren't a lot of things that I can do? I don't know :hmm:

I only achieve for games I like or really like. I don't really go for a game because its an easy plat or just to have it on my list. I think trophies are a great way if you've enjoyed a game and want to get more from it than what it can give, it gives an opportunity to complete more tasks.

Edited by MissOsaka
  • Like 1