post your favorite game, and give your opinion of the one the person above you posted.

yiazmat50112254

the meaning of this forum is already in the topic name but i want to explain 1 thing first:

you can post your favorite game series (like: final fantsy star ocean, dragon quest etc.).

but you can also post your absolute favorite (like: final fantasy XII,star ocean till the end of time, final fantasy X, dragon quest the journey of the cursed king etc.).

and you can post them both if you want.

my favorite game is final fantasy

my absolute favorite game is final fantasy XII

• Like 2

Tomb Raider 1 on PS1, so many memories, loved playing the game with my mum after I'd finished school and she had finished work, she used to give me £1 to get past the timed puzzles for her. Oh and the T-Rex, most memorable gaming moment ever for me!

I'm not actually a fan of GTA, I've played a few of them but never finished them the story doesn't hook me so I kinda just run around until I get bored, perhaps I should give them another try? Been a good 3/4 years since I've played any of them so who knows I might get on with them better this time around :)

• Like 2

My favorite game title is shared between Final Fantasy VI and Valkyrie Profile. FFVI (which I personally remember as FFIII) was light years ahead of RPGs on the SNES, and holds up well today, over 20 years later. VP remains one of the most fun RPGs out there. The platforming and puzzle solving were novel for the time, but work well.

Tomb Raider was given to me as a b-day present, and I loved it...right until the final boss, which was just dumb.

• Like 1

I've never played Ratchet & Clank, Dark Souls, or Persona unfortunately... I did just pick up Dark Souls II however. I am excited to try that out. 

My favorite series is probably Hitman. I love the finesse required to achieve silent assassin.

My absolute favorite game would probably have to be Hitman Absolution. I actually thought putting a full blown story into Hitman was genius. Tied with this game is Metal Gear Solid 2. It was my first Metal Gear Solid and the deep story was just insane.

Edited by PipeSwinger

I enjoyed Hitman Absolution quite a bit, but tried Blood Money afterwards and didn't really care for it.  My only experience with MGS2 is the demo that came with the original Zone of the Enders, but what I played was cool.

Overall my favorite series would probably be Final Fantasy, but really only from the NES original through the PS2 era. From the PS3 gen on, I would probably go with The Elder Scrolls/Fallout series.

My favorite game of all time is Persona 4 Golden.

• Like 1

My most favorite game is Heavensward.

I haven't played these series, is it good?

They are indeed very good, though you can definitely tell they aged.

I never played Heavenward so I guess I am missing out! :P

My favorite game of all time, as overrated as everyone says it is, is definitely The Last of Us.

• Like 1

My most favorite game is Heavensward.

I haven't played these series, is it good?

Good is a huge understatement :]. They're amazing games, especially for their time, and they have aged very, very well (putting many PS3 games to shame even), aside from the first game, which looks much better than the original, but has not aged as well as the sequels. (BTW, this series were made by Naughty Dog. The story, storytelling, character development, cast, OST, controls, and animations are among some of the series' best aspects <3).

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of favorite games but i need to write just one .. :D 
And it will be final fantasy 8 !

About uncharted is a amazing game with great multiplayers
About the last of us is simply one of best games ever made !! with perfect story ( even if someone's a "hard rock" they will not remain indifferent to the game)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

Favorite series: Souls

Favorite game: Dark Souls

I’m a big fan of the Souls games too - My personal favorite of the series is Dark Souls 2, but Dark Souls is still a fantastic game, and one I’m very much looking forward to replaying when it is rereleased on PS4 this year. If the DS2 remake is a barometer, then it will be a hell of a good port :)

My personal favorite games of all time are generally all 16bit era (Earthbound / FFVI / Chronotrigger / A Link to the Past), but for the sake of this game and of including all members of this site, I’ll use my favorite game of this generation (so far):

Prey.

haven't played earthbound and prey. i do have played final fantasy and zelda, only just not these volumes yet, however i do have ff6 in  my collection, just not played it yet. i do have chrono trigger, which is defenitely one of the games i like a lot.

just for fun, i'll add some honorable mentions to my list (of course there are more games i like, these are just the best):

my favorite game series:

1 final fantasy

2 star ocean

3 dragon quest

4 chrono trigger

5 kingdom hearts

6 runescape

my favorite games:

1: final fantasy XII

2: star ocean till the end of time (SO3)

3: dragon quest the journey of the cursed king (DQ8)

4: final fantasy X

• 3 weeks later...

I loved Final Fantasy XII, and was very excited for it knowing it was coming from the creator of Ogre Battle. I preordered the PS2 collector’s edition and played it the second it showed up, despite having not played an FF since IX. I kind of got stuck climbing the snowy mountain and put it down for a few years, until I let a friend borrow it and we played it together. The battle system is so much fun, even if you don’t get too serious with the gambits, and I love the music and character designs (minus the weird abdominal texture lol). Kind of burned ourselves out going after hidden espers, optional bosses, late hunts, and missing the Zodiac Spear chest nonsense, but I still hold it in high regard. I’ll hopefully get to the Zodiac Age PS4 release before too long, as I’d like to revisit alone this time.

My favorite game series are Dragon Quest, Kirby, Metroid, and Fable for some reason.

My absolute favorite game is Chrono Trigger, closely followed by The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask and Spelunky.

Edited by Zondares
  • Like 1

I took The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, because I have blurred picture about it. What in general I dislike in this type of game - too fancy, fairy tale like animation, graphics and story telling. Can't spent too much time listening and reading, can't stand too soft visions on medieval world. 

For my turn I choose as series - Silent Hill and as single game - Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.