Where do you guys usually get your games from? (and how possibly?)

Gamestop out of convenience, but I can be flexible depending on pre-order bonuses or midnight launches. I got the Fallout 4 Gold bundle at Best Buy for example.

PSN: PS Plus games and PS2 to PS4 games. I prefer physical copies, but I may get No Man's Sky in digital however, because it is around 6 Gb.

I pre-order games from ShopTo, they tend to be cheaper than retail price, and they always dispatch them early so I usually get them 1-3 days before the release date. It's especially great getting a game that has a Tuesday release on the Saturday before it.

As for games that are already out, I usually tend to use eBay or CeX. I rarely purchase from stores any more, aside from the latter on occasion, but I swear to God CeX stores stink to high heaven.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

The 3 biggest/ most used shops i buy videogames:

amazon.co.uk  even though living in Germany because importing games rated 18+ is much easier/cheaper than buying amazon.de -_-:D

Ebay mostly for used games...

And psn for discounted digital games... or dlcs

First priority is low prize for me... used vs new or digital vs retail comes second :D

I don't know who's corious about how things are going in Hungary but i get my own copies from:

• Konzolvilág (means consoleworld) That's where i bought my PS3
  • Konzolok szervize (means consoles service/servicing?) That's where i bought my glacier white PS4 (and bought a 2TB hard drive from a computer shop)
  • Platinumshop
  • Playstation Store (digitals only and i often buy retail games if they're cheaper than the physical copy)

These are the less expensive shops in Hungary, maybe your heard about 576kbyte or not. This is a very expensive shop and they are only at huge malls. I can't believe they have costumers.. 

I get almost everything from eBay since I I find the prices on Amazon are rarely better.

I'll use the PSN store if the game doesn't have a physical release and there's no other choice.

Sometimes I'll look in GAME and CEX if I'm passing but again, GAME is usually comically overpriced and my CEX has barely anything in it but FIFA.

Yeah well it is much more complicated here than in other (european) countries :(

Even games which are obviously not for children/underages like a COD, The Darkness II or Fallout are getting censored in favour of children protection (or so it seems at least)...

A whole other story are games with Nazi Theme like first CODs, Medal of Honor or Wolfenstein :S

So it's good to have Paypal and a Visa to buy games from good old Britain :awesome:... 

Right now there are so many sales for the digital games/versions where I get my games from. In addition I can play the games from my brother with PS+ :P

Well before I only bought my fav. games completely new (very small amount). Very rare that I borrow games.

Furthermore the biggest impact are brothers who buy the games and you can play them for free :D

I got my games from many resources. Since 2015 I join Best Buy Gamers Club, I purchase most of my game from Best Buy. I get 20% off on every new games and double reward points on game and accessory. Also, if you constantly check Best Buy's website, you might find surprise like deal of the day. The only bad part is they don't carry unpopular games or have very limited stock on those unpopular games. Unpopular doesn't mean is bad, there are a lot Japan games are not popular in the US, but they are actually good. That's why I go to Amazon for those titles. Amazon used to be my main source to get games, but after they start collecting tax in my state. I shop there less often. I also go to Wal Mart and Target if they have games on sale. Recently I found Wal Mart has a lot old games which you can't find on any other retailers in their inventory, so it become the new place for me to do treasure hunting. I rarely shop in GameStop these days. Recently I ordered 4 new games through their website, they ship me 4 opened games, so I return them to store. Their price is not cheaper than any other retailers, so I am trying to stay away from that place. Finally, I only use eBay to find some rarer games from last generation. However, I would suggest people who use eBay to be careful, there are a lot of fake games and resealed games there. You need to pay attention when you make your purchase.

I only buy games from English online retailers, since they usually have the most acceptable shipping price to my country (EU, 2-3£). I overanalyze my game bargains a lot and I admit that it's very unhealthy, but here are some of my findings for cheap games if you live inside the EU or even better if you live in GB  :awesome: . OH and since importing taxes will be introduced sooner or later for EU countries I'm looking for online retailers from other EU countries, so if you know any good ones with reasonable prices and shipping let me know. :)

The Game Collection (not too big on discounts , but there's usually a flash sale of one item or a triple whammy sale running basically 24/7, also I prefer to buy from them because of their great quality of service)

Base (I just love base, man)

Gamescentre (one of the best customer services I've encountered, cheapest pre-owned prices, especially PS3 games; the only thing that could be a problem is that they don't package their items very carefully, so keep this in mind)

Simplygames (they have amazing deals from time to time, and their prices in general are great and they ship very fast and package their items carefully)

ShopTo (another great site with great deals, although I haven't bought from them in a while, since they've been kinda late this year, I mostly buy from other retailers before they discount their price)

Videogamebox (I've never bought from them, but I know people that did and their experiences are good; they have good prices, but I always end up buying from my favourite sites)

365games (their discounts are a joke, since it's mostly games that are waaay overpriced to begin with, that are discounted for like 1€, but they discount 1 keychain for 90% and then make a huge banner 90% SALE  :giggle:, BUT some of their items have great prices)

KEEP IN MIND there are many other great retailers that just don't ship to my country or have unreasonable shipping prices (Boomerang, Grainger Games, TESCO Direct, to name a few).

ALSO keep an eye out for Postabargain, they pick out any worthwhile deals from everywhere (including Ebay and Amazon and some other independent sellers).

You can also subscribe to Frugal Gaming's newsletter to get daily bargain updates.

Thanks for telling me about Base. I got 1 of the 2 european games I was looking for trophy stacks xD. (1.50 GBP for shipping internationally, but admittedly you get an envelope with no padding....)

I use Amazon for PS4 retail games and Cex or GAME for used PS3 games, I use the PSN Store if I need 2 copies of the same game and it's cheaper than buying 2 discs of it or if a game is on sale for less than the retail copy. When I was a kid I used to trade in games to get new games, now I normally keep my games, but I do delete digital games that I'm finished with. . 

Digital games all the way. I hope there will be discs no more.

I hope you're trolling because Sony and Microsoft or any other digital game provider is unlikely to keep their servers running forever, whereas if you buy the disc version of the game you at least know you'll have the game forever. 

I hope you're trolling because Sony and Microsoft or any other digital game provider is unlikely to keep their servers running forever, whereas if you buy the disc version of the game you at least know you'll have the game forever. 

I don't need a game forever. Servers will be up for 10 years or probably even longer. When I'll be 30 I'll probably play new games or not even have time for them so why would I care. These are just games. And there will always be a way to get them digitally. Discs are also not enviroment friendly same with tons of those stupid usless plastic boxes. I want minimalise my participation of polluting our planet to the maximum in almost every aspect of my life.

Edited by Arogano

Pretty much everything I buy now I get from the PS Store when it's on Sale.

The only way I would buy a physical copy now is if it isn't available on the store or if I'm getting it as a present. Long gone are the days I would buy a game from the shop on the day of release for £50 (Back in the 90's on the PS1).

On saying that this goes back to a conversation on another thread, basically I wouldn't want to buy a game brand new nowadays as they're normally buggy, require patches and are unfinished because of dlc's being released. For me it's better to wait and get the game later, finished and cheaper. Games aren't really a priority to me anymore though so I don't feel any pressure in buying the hottest title on day one.

I used to use ebay but regrettably I brought NGS2 from there, had it in my backlog for 2 years and when I finally got to play it the disk was faulty so I ended up having to buy it from the PS Store. No more used games for me

Amazon is my official unofficial price matching tool. If I see a game at Best Buy, PSN, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc., I will jump on Amazon to see if  I can find the same game for a cheaper price. I'm all about being thrifty when it comes to buying games, I'll buy from anywhere as long as it's a good deal.

There is a local video game shop in my area that has a shite ton of games of all types going all the way back to the Atari 2600 days, alot of them new. So I go in there from time to time looking for a bargain.

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid

I don't need a game forever. Servers will be up for 10 years or probably even longer. When I'll be 30 I'll probably play new games or not even have time for them so why would I care. These are just games. And there will always be a way to get them digitally. Discs are also not enviroment friendly same with tons of those stupid usless plastic boxes. I want minimalise my participation of polluting our planet to the maximum in almost every aspect of my life.

So creating plastic boxes is more polluting than all the energy and waste that goes into creating and maintaining servers needed for digitals, okay.

Anyway, this is pretty selfish, you know. There is something called internet cap that is actually more common that one may think.

If all games suddenly became digital, everyone would be forced to download them, in other words, wasting their limit to download immense amount of data because they wouldn't be to get anything else.

Well, fortunately, something like digital-only age will never be a thing. Shops need something to advertise their products. Even if the boxes would be limited to advertisement, they will not stop being produced.