Where do you guys usually get your games from? (and how possibly?)

(Gamestop, Amazon, eBay, something I've never heard of?, etc.)

For myself I'd have to say 75% of the time, Gamestop.   The other 25%, Amazon.

I have problems with the Gamestop online shopping, so I just either see if they have it, or straight away to Amazon search with me.

(This might change for me though, because of the prices for things I've been seeing.)

Quite curious to see what you guys prefer/do.

• Like 1

I m usually getting digital games because when I see how cheap some games are on sales I cant resist. Those games that are only available on disc I can usually borrow from various friends who also have ps3.

PS.You posted this topic in the wrong section.

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

Most of my games these days come from the Playstation store during flash sales and PS+.  For retail games, it is wherever I can find the best deal, which almost always used to be Amazon.  These days, I have found that Amazon is rarely the best place to find a deal and they seem to react to big sales by other retailers instead of being the price leader.  If I have trades or if I just want something used that is cheap, I head to Gamestop.  If you are looking for the best deals, check out cheapassgamer.com.  I've used it for years and it's been a great resource for deal hunting.

Hmm, are you talking PlayStation games only or just in general regardless of console? Just curious as depending on which you meant this topic might need to be moved again lol.

For me I pretty much always buy my games from GameStop, the manager at my local one is pretty cool. The exceptions would be when there's a special edition I want and it's store specific like some of NISA's games, etc.

I just realized I should clarify too, if it's a PS3 game and it's available digitally then I get it through the PSN store since I'll get better performance from the digital copy than I could with a physical copy.

Edited by BooneIronshield

Borrowing games is indeed an option but its rather good if you want to simply complete game and not play it any further. Since its not yours.

PS. Reply: I figured someone saw and would tell me I posted in the wrong section to be honest.   I blame my eyesight for that. ._.

Your topic has already been moved ;)

I m usually getting digital games because when I see how cheap some games are on sales I cant resist. Those games that are only available on disc I can usually borrow from various friends who also have ps3.

PS.You posted this topic in the wrong section.

I don't quite like borrowing games from friends just cause it puts me on The pressure to finish them as soon as Possible to return them back and I usually end up not taking my pace or even playing forcefully even not in The mood in Order to finish it.

As for buying my games , i tens to buy them new if they are cheap on local stores or even launch price if they are rare to find and have limited copies on The shelf. Otherwise i like to collect PS3 games on used produtcs stores since they have plenty of choice and are very cheap or even some DS /3DS games when I can find some that are worth getting since most of The DS/3DS used games i tens to find are complete bullshit like Hello Kitty and learning languages. When I want some games that aren't available where i live or even not release ob my country I tens to stick with Amazon to get those hard to find gems but right now Amazon.UK where i Order my games has a policy of payig a anual fee to be member and import products so I go off that option tho. Might start getting from Amazon.Es ( Spain) this time around.

As for Vita games it's hard to find physical copies of games thta i want to play where i live , it's basically Lego games , FIFA and some other "kiddie" games so i either buy digitally or buy the games i'm looking for through other people selling their Vita collection online if i can even find anything worth at all for a good price xD .

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

Sales on the PS store or PS+ are where I get my games most of the time. Sometimes the local Walmart bargain bin has a few games that catch my eye.

Edited by Sofa King

I shop the PSN deals occasionally. But since I have Amazon Prime and the fact that I like physical releases a little bit more I usually just take that route so I can jut chill and still have it arrive at my home. 

I use Ebay sometimes but only for Steam keys!

But in general if we're not talking about just PlayStation I have a Steam account and I usually get  A LOT of games there since everything is so cheap because of the deals they always seem to offer.^^

Edited by Saidoken

I get my physical games from GameStop. I get a lot of discounts since I've been hording reward points over the years and I have store credit. And people say hording is a bad thing.

spongebob-patrick-rub-hands-together1.gi

• Like 2

Almost always from amazon.co.uk. Occasionally from ebay.co.uk if it's either unavailable or extremely expensive over on Amazon. Can't even remember the last time I got something from my local retailer, shops here in Portugal are way too pricey.

When I want some games that aren't available where i live or even not release ob my country I tens to stick with Amazon to get those hard to find gems but right now Amazon.UK where i Order my games has a policy of payig a anual fee to be member and import products so I go off that option tho. Might start getting from Amazon.Es ( Spain) this time around.

:huh: ? I get games from Amazon.co.uk pretty frequently (as a matter of fact, got some from there just this week) and all I have to pay is shipping, and of course, the game itself. Did you mean Amazon Prime's annual fee?

• Like 1

I don't quite like borrowing games from friends just cause it puts me on The pressure to finish them as soon as Possible to return them back and I usually end up not taking my pace or even playing forcefully even not in The mood in Order to finish it.

I agree it may be sometimes like you need to rush a bit because its not yours and a friend may want to have it back but it rather depends on the person you borrow from.