Where do you guys usually get your games from? (and how possibly?)

#basedVGP, eBay, Amazon, P-A

Whatever has my weeb games for the best price :awesome:

This is a lie! he will buy anything from any shop no matter what the cost as long as there are hot waifus and ecchi girls in those games :P

Edited by Saionji

These are mostly the shops I use

- Amazon Germany for the normal stuff

- Rice Digital for the PQube Marvelous-fix

- Videogamesplus.ca for all those games that didn't get a retail in Europe or when there's a US-Limited I wanted to get (Ys, Muramasa, Cold Steel I)

- Nin-Nin-Game for the japanese games, but I guess I will switch to Amazon Japan for this.

When it's about used games, eBay I guess? Don't buy that many used games for current consoles anymore..

I still like owning pyshical stuff, so I get mine from either Play-Asia or Amazon UK (if it's cheaper.)

Anything that doesn't have a physical copy, I'll just get from a region dependent PSN.

Edited by Jigsy1

I'm a collector so it's all about where I can find the cheapest physical version. 

Best Buy - As most people know, Best Buy has a gamer's membership that's only $30 for two years and you get 20% off any new game purchase.  So, a $60 game comes out to $47.  So yeah, I get most of my PS4 and Xbox One games here.

Amazon - I have amazon prime so free shipping is always awesome.  Sometimes I place an order and it arrives the next day!  I make video game purchases here every so often.

Gamestop - Gamestop is the king of overcharging and their PUR program is laughable.  The only reason I am a PUR member and shop here is strictly for their vita games.  I am going for a complete physical collection so it's my best opportunity at finding uncommon or rare used games because main chains like Best Buy don't really even carry vita games anymore.

Playstation store - I usually get stuff from sales like season passes and complete versions of games.  I did recently buy the digital deluxe version of Battleborn, the season passes for Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins for $50.  

• Like 1

I only buy games from English online retailers, since they usually have the most acceptable shipping price to my country (EU, 2-3£). I overanalyze my game bargains a lot and I admit that it's very unhealthy, but here are some of my findings for cheap games if you live inside the EU or even better if you live in GB  :awesome: . OH and since importing taxes will be introduced sooner or later for EU countries I'm looking for online retailers from other EU countries, so if you know any good ones with reasonable prices and shipping let me know. :)

The Game Collection (not too big on discounts , but there's usually a flash sale of one item or a triple whammy sale running basically 24/7, also I prefer to buy from them because of their great quality of service)

Base (I just love base, man)

Gamescentre (one of the best customer services I've encountered, cheapest pre-owned prices, especially PS3 games; the only thing that could be a problem is that they don't package their items very carefully, so keep this in mind)

Simplygames (they have amazing deals from time to time, and their prices in general are great and they ship very fast and package their items carefully)

ShopTo (another great site with great deals, although I haven't bought from them in a while, since they've been kinda late this year, I mostly buy from other retailers before they discount their price)

Videogamebox (I've never bought from them, but I know people that did and their experiences are good; they have good prices, but I always end up buying from my favourite sites)

365games (their discounts are a joke, since it's mostly games that are waaay overpriced to begin with, that are discounted for like 1€, but they discount 1 keychain for 90% and then make a huge banner 90% SALE  :giggle:, BUT some of their items have great prices)

KEEP IN MIND there are many other great retailers that just don't ship to my country or have unreasonable shipping prices (Boomerang, Grainger Games, TESCO Direct, to name a few).

ALSO keep an eye out for Postabargain, they pick out any worthwhile deals from everywhere (including Ebay and Amazon and some other independent sellers).

You can also subscribe to Frugal Gaming's newsletter to get daily bargain updates.

. OH and since importing taxes will be introduced sooner or later for EU countries I'm looking for online retailers from other EU countries, so if you know any good ones with reasonable prices and shipping let me know. :)

At best it's going to be in two years, you have a lot of time to find alternatives =D

And if it does happen, NA importing may become better alternative anyway =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I get used games from GameStop ( new cases from eBay if they are bad). I like physical copies instead of digital. I also use Amazon for some games new for the free shipping. Just got my ps4 and PS3 a month ago so I have been on a oldies trip recently! Lol

At best it's going to be in two years, you have a lot of time to find alternatives =D

And if it does happen, NA importing may become better alternative anyway =D

I doubt it, last time I bought something from NA, it was worth 25€ and I paid 10€ import charges all together. I've also pre-ordered some headphones from NA for 115€ and they're arriving in October so I'm scared how much that will cost me.  :unsure:

%90 of the time I get my games from Amazon and %10 of the time at gamestop. I only like physical games because to me they're physical trophies for when I complete them lol most games I get from Amazon are less than $20, for example I got Arkham knight for $13 last week

Best Buy! Their Gamers Club gives 20% any new game so it's a huge help when I want something new (plus my employee discount xD) .. older games I'll go to eBay and try to pick up a whole sale lot for cheap, otherwise I go with the digital on deluxe editions for DLC

I used to get them from Best Buy, then they screwed me out of 2 Collector's Editions eventhough I had preordered them. I then switched to Gamestop and never had an issue, enjoyed the midnight releases and the employees were really cool. I then tried Amazon and just loved everything about it. I get the games preordered, 20% discount and they bring the games on release day out to my front door. I don't see myself changing from Amazon anytime soon. I tried going digital once and got The Division with the season pass, but regreted it after none of my buddies played it on PS4. I will not be purchasing any NEW releases (pre-order) digitally anymore due to the inability to sell the game and the space taken up on the hardrive.