Where do you guys usually get your games from? (and how possibly?)

I rent most of my games. I'm the sort of person who very rarely plays a game again once I'm finished with it, so it's not important for me to be able to hang onto them. I save about £30-40 per game by not buying them and I have much more freedom to play games I'm unsure about, so it's a pretty good setup either way.

But when buying a game, I just look around as much as possible to see whatever's cheapest. Anything's fine as long as it's cheap.

I've never had a problem with eBay. Blu-rays are much more durable than CD or DVD so you're unlikely to run into any problems with a game unless someone attacked the disc with some scissors. Even if that were to happen, eBay would intervene and likely side with the buyer, as well as if a game goes missing during delivery. Almost everyone on there is genuinely just trying to sell their games, though.

• Like 1

Most of the time i would say from ps store when there are sales if that doesn't count though then Gamestop and sometimes from Amazon (mostly if Gamestop around here doesn't sell that anime styled game i want) also bought like 2 or 3 games from ebay.

To be honest i never bother buying games anywhere else than ps store, but its also because of my job, i'm not really often in my house (thats why i think i should buy myself ps vita), that means me, nor my gf cant w8 for delivery or sth.

I used to love physical copies of games so i could put them on shelf or sth. Not now :(

I rent most of my games. I'm the sort of person who very rarely plays a game again once I'm finished with it, so it's not important for me to be able to hang onto them. I save about £30-40 per game by not buying them and I have much more freedom to play games I'm unsure about, so it's a pretty good setup either way.

I feel exactly the same.

Almost always from amazon.co.uk. Occasionally from ebay.co.uk if it's either unavailable or extremely expensive over on Amazon. Can't even remember the last time I got something from my local retailer, shops here in Portugal are way too pricey.

Yes, i'm talking about Amazon Prime . Since it's up i didn't order anything from Amazon .

:huh: ? I get games from Amazon.co.uk pretty frequently (as a matter of fact, got some from there just this week) and all I have to pay is shipping, and of course, the game itself. Did you mean Amazon Prime's annual fee?

I used to be super loyal toward GameStop. Now I buy most of my games (pretty much everything actually) off of Amazon because they usually have the best prices. I also have Amazon prime so this automatically gets me 20% off for preorders. This turns out being a huge chunk of money for collectors editions. Like the King of Fighters CE I have on preorder is just a tad more than the normal price of the standard edition after the discount. And the Battlefield 1 CE I have on preorder is $50 bucks off the normal price with this prime discount. You just can't beat that. The only times I don't use Amazon is if I find a better deal on Ebay, there is a sale on PSN, or GameStop is running their by 2 get 1 free for used games deal. The only perk about going to GameStop is that warm feeling I get when I am around other people who share the same passion that I have. It's also nice just seeing the games physically in front of me. 

• Like 1

As for buying my games , i tens to buy them new if they are cheap on local stores or even launch price if they are rare to find and have limited copies on The shelf. Otherwise i like to collect PS3 games on used produtcs stores since they have plenty of choice and are very cheap or even some DS /3DS games when I can find some that are worth getting since most of The DS/3DS used games i tens to find are complete bullshit like Hello Kitty and learning languages. When I want some games that aren't available where i live or even not release ob my country I tens to stick with Amazon to get those hard to find gems but right now Amazon.UK where i Order my games has a policy of payig a anual fee to be member and import products so I go off that option tho. Might start getting from Amazon.Es ( Spain) this time around.

Are you certain there's an annual fee on Amazon.uk? I've made about half a dozen orders between this and last month without having to pay such fee. I just pay the regular price of the games + shipping. The only annual fee that exist for non-businesses is prime membership I beleive, which isn't mandatory as far as I know.

As alternative you can try out Gamingreplay, OLX and Gametrade,

When I used to purchase games close to release any place was good.

But now that GS only have new (sealed) games a few days after release and after that only games games full of stickers, it's out of my list.

So, ebay, amazon and BB for physical, and the PS store for digital only games.

99% of time go for sealed games, but when I take the risk on e-bay is like new game because only terrible owners have a blu-ray disc scratched.

My physical discs are almost entirely used Gamestop copies, with a couple of older games (2007-2011 or so) bought new on release. I've been expanding my digital library too though, and I have access to PS Plus so I've been getting those titles as well.

I also have a brick and mortar rental store in my area. I just discovered it about a month and a half ago but it has been an absolute godsend for platinuming shorter (under ~20 hours) games because I can get a 6 day rental for a pittance even compared to buying most games on sale. If you can find one in your area and are willing to do a bit of pre-research to ensure the platinum is short enough to be done in a week, you can save yourself a lot of time/space this way.

Depends on what I'm trying to get.

Normal new games: Amazon.com, BB (because GCU)

Used Games: Amazon.com, BB, Ebay

LE: Amazon.com, IFI Store, NISA store, BB

Korean games: Gmarket

Chinese games: Still looking for a vendor, probably will just use PlayAsia

Used JP Games: Amazon.co.jp

JP LE: gamers-onlineshop.jp,  rakuten.co.jp (Wondergoo hosts there)

Does anyone have a recommended way for an American to import European copies of games. I don't want to hook up a European forwarding service to buy used games from Europe.

Edited by bladesoframen