Surprisingly easy platinums

Pershing24

Usually I don't look at a trophy list until I've finish the main campaign of a game. It keeps the surprise and makes me want to go back and finish the game, but is there ever that time when you've played a game that is long, difficult or just involves alot of grinding. Then you instinctively think the trophy list is going to be very difficult. But then you look at the trophy list and your surprise that it's quite easy.

There are two recent games come to mind that I've played, Battlefield 4 and Doom 4 (yes I'm calling it that).

I could have swore the new Doom game would have been a nightmare to platinum, with its long campaign and new multiplayer modes, but in reality, there are only 3 multiplayer trophy and 3 snapmap trophy. As for the campaign, it mostly collectables and upgrades, similar to Wolfentien the new order. You don't even need to beat the game on Ultra-nightmare difficulty.

As for Battlefield 4, there are only FIVE MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES! For a game that's know more for its multiplayer than its story, that's almost a crime, but I ain't complaining, I'm platinum it in a week.

What about you? What are other game that you thought were going to be difficult to platinum, but turn out easier than expected.

Edited by Pershing24

Assassin's Creed Revelations and 4

Shift 2 Unleashed

I really enjoyed these games in SP mode and when i took a look at trophy percentage i was surprised how far i already was... i had never played online these games before, going for mp trophies were the next logical step for me and even they turned out to be quiet easy... much easier than expected at least

GTA IV really was easier than expected. Finished all of the MP trophies in 2-3 days and the SP in another few days. Not hard and not grindy if you know what you're doing. Only remotely challenging part was Fly the Co-op.

Killzone 2 also qualifies for this. The difficulty thread claims it to be 8-10 /10 difficulty but it's more like a 6.5/10. The MP was like 25 hrs only, and the SP trophies took 2 days.

Edited by GIONAScm2

im with you that doom was surprisingly easy to Platinum (great game btw!)

Lords of the fallen come to mind for me. mainly as i had friends at the time saying its just like dark souls / demon souls just a little more arcade-y. ended up for me being alot easier than tho games. 

Oh and black ops 3, just the game has some grindy stuff to do

I mostly check trophy guides so I have an idea how easy or hard the games are.

I was pleasantly surprised with Last Rebellion but that's because when I first started I had no idea what I was doing.

Gravity Rush Remastered was also surprisingly easy compared to Vita version.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Really easy for a FF game

Agree with this. Even despite not using the glitch for tags.

I mostly check trophy guides so I have an idea how easy or hard the games are.

I was pleasantly surprised with Last Rebellion but that's because when I first started I had no idea what I was doing.

Gravity Rush Remastered was also surprisingly easy compared to Vita version.

Agree with this. Even despite not using the glitch for tags.

In addition to that guy, l should say DriveClub is also surprisingly easy :D

Some games that I remember:

• Bulletstorm: 3 out of 5 mp trophies could be grinded solo and beating the game on the highest difficulty wasn't that bad.
  • Bayonetta: Infinite Climax Mode was just like Hard, only without Witch Time.
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: beating the game on all difficulties wasn't that much of a grind nor was it difficult with a mage that has a good staff and melee weapon. Only the Strength of our Alliance trophy is very buggy and annoying to get.
  • Resident Evil 5: Professional difficulty was surprisingly easy with an RPG and magnum that both have unlimited ammo :awesome:.
  • Ys Memories of Celceta: Nightmare difficulty wasn't that hard on NG+.
  • Freedom Wars: Platting the game wasn't as difficult as people claimed, it was a bit grindy to get specific materials for weapon upgrades.
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: The Revengeance playthrough took a lot less time than expected.

• The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: beating the game on all difficulties wasn't that much of a grind nor was it difficult with a mage that has a good staff and melee weapon. Only the Strength of our Alliance trophy is very buggy and annoying to get.

Shouldn't Dwarf be the character one should use? :P

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Shouldn't Dwarf be the character one should use? :P

I platted the game using only the Elven mage. Her healing/buff spells + melee attacks are a surprisingly good combo (if you give her a decent one-handed melee weapon). I also had one or two destructive spells for large mobs or strong enemies.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

MINDJACK - Thinking about how the Hack Portal Trophies would be Grindy, I just needed a friend to help me out, then it didn't look like a Grind anymore.

The Last of Us - I thought most Trophies would be about Completing Stories every now and then, so I used a Trophy Guide, then it became easier for me to get the Platinum

Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, all the LittleBigPlanet Games, Saw, Grim Fandango, Murdered Soul Suspect, Ether One, Minecraft, Bully, Life Is Strange, Man Vs. Wild, Albedo, Assassins Creed II, Until Dawn, Magus, Where The Wild Things Are, UP, Rocket Leauge, Goat Simulator, Playstation All Stars, Infamous Second Son, and Toy Story Mania are all platinum's that I have that are pretty easy to get platinum.

BF4 is a grind because of Old School and Bomb Squad. Grinding and luck needed.

Unless you boost ofc!

About old school i just say you can get it if you pick up a M1911 from someone else and kill people with it those kills will count towards. Had to drop my M1911 for a few people during the dlc boost.