How long did it take you to get over the "Missing Timestamp" bug

noahc66

For those of you who who have "missing timestamp" trophies because you played a game before syncing your PSN account or something like that, do you still care?

It just happened to me a few days ago, and while I'm not losing any sleep over it, it still bugs me a bit. I figure that I'll eventually get over it, but I was wondering how long it took you guys.

It still annoys me, I liked getting certain trophies when it comes to my milestones but the missing timestamp trophy pushed them up all by one, I could hide a trophy but I am not a fan of it.
So after a couple of weeks of sulking and trying to replay the same game on another device not sync to the network before starting this game to try and overwrite it I moved on but not over it.

I have three games on my profile with missing timestamps. Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, and Welcome Park. I got a Vita for Christmas three years ago along with Golden Abyss and Black Ops and I started playing it whilst not connected to Wi-Fi.

It still bothers me to this day. I wish there were a way to correct this problem but I don't see how it can be :-(

My first ps3 bricked on me and I started Portal on my new one before adding my account (before caring about trophies so much) Since all my active trophy hunting was done after this, it doesn't bother me at all.

If I got one now and it pushed all my milestones out of whack it might bother me more.

I'm quoting Sly from this thread from last November: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/32596-wrong-trophy-milestonemissing-timestamp/

"I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones."

I don't think he followed up on that post. Does anybody know? Becasue I would pay money just for that feature.

All I have is 2 with missing timestamps. If those could somehow not be counted for milestones, then my anxiety from this would go away.

Edited by noahc66

I'm quoting Sly from this thread from last November: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/32596-wrong-trophy-milestonemissing-timestamp/

"I could add an option to pick whether you want your missing timestamp to be ignored or not for milestones."

I don't think he followed up on that post. Does anybody know? Becasue I would pay money just for that feature.

All I have is 2 with missing timestamps. If those could somehow not be counted for milestones, then my anxiety from this would go away.

Maybe you could contact Sly on that thread to question whether it's still planned.

Because this feature is definitely going to help many people.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my PS3 since 2008, but I didn't make my account till around 2011 I think, when I was about 15-16, after the whole "incident" with PSN being hacked. I've got a few trophies with missing timestamps as a result, but a lot of the games from back then didn't have trophies any how, and still haven't received trophy support to this day. It doesn't really bother me too much, I do kinda wish my first trophy had a timestamp though.

• 1 month later...

So I only really noticed this on vacation over the last month. I took the Vita TV and regular Vita on a cruise ship and played a few games popping quite a few trophies, I did allot of this offline because I was in the middle of nowhere. Once I did notice I paid for Maritime internet just to sync once and then stay in sleep mode rather than turn off the Vita TV, this seemed to be the only way to get true time stamps. Check out my PS4 Golden and any other recent Vita trophies, you'll find missing time stamps up until the date that I noticed. It's a little bit annoying but I can live with it.

I couldn't care less, but it happened to me a few weeks back again for the first time in a while.

I was playing Lego Avengers on the PS TV and I had it in the bedroom for a while, then I plugged it into a spare tele in the kitchen here and there when I was cooking something that didn't require attention or something, and never really took too much care with unplugging and replugging. Apparently it lost connection or something, which makes sense since what I just said was done while I was in the process of going back and forth between 4 different internet connections (my original one, my intended replacement, me getting back with the original one after the replacement sucked ass, me getting told to hook up another modem because the idiots sent me the wrong thing even though it worked fine) in the space of a couple months, and so on.

So anyway, there's one or two trophies on that game that were earned near the end of the plat that have no timestamp and it's a little stupid, but at the same time, ever since the LBP flag I've honestly lost all shits I previously had to give about trophies, so eh.

I never was really that frustrated when i found out i've earned a trophy with a missing timestamp most likely because i never really cared about trophies back when i earned them.

I have earned 9 trophies with missing timestamps, 7 from the original LittleBigPlanet game and 2 from Welcome Park.