Oct. 2016 NA PSN Sale of the Dead.

angelgrievous

Damn... This is terrible. Only picking up Assemblance and Deadlight: Director's Cut. If Resident Evil 4 was $9.99 or less instead of $11.99, I'd get it. And I wish that Layers of Fear DLC was on sale separately instead of bundled in the Masterpiece Edition. Outlast has put both the bundle and the Whistleblower DLC on sale whenever one of them goes on sale.

In other news, the 9/11 Dynamic theme for PS4 is on sale for 75% off.

It's also worth noting that while not part of the Sale of the Dead, the horror game Anna for PS3 is on sale for 70% off, $2.99 for PS+, Silent Hill: Origins for PSP is on sale 60% off, $3.99 for PS+, Kholat for PS4 is on sale 50% off, $9.99 for PS+ (do NOT get this game), Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One Collector's Edition is on sale for 50% off, $7.49 for PS+, and Verdun for PS4 is on sale 30% off, $13.99

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
  • Like 1

It looks like this sale has failed us all. Not only it brings games that are over and over on sales, but the prices are not that good either.

If there will be a week 2 indeed (where are people seeing this info?), lets pray the Gaming Gods make it as good and cheap as possible.

It looks like this sale has failed us all. Not only it brings games that are over and over on sales, but the prices are not that good either.

If there will be a week 2 indeed (where are people seeing this info?), lets pray the Gaming Gods make it as good and cheap as possible.

On the NA PSN where the sale is, it is in the header.  On the small tab it reads:  Sale of the Dead Week 1 new deals to die for each week.

Thanks for putting the titles and their prices. PSN Store doesn't always want to load on my computer, so I appreciate being able to see at a glance if anything catches my eye.

I would have liked to see better deals. I'd like to try Oxenfree, but $13 is still steep for being a sale. Maybe I'll pick up the Walking Dead Season 1 since I really enjoyed Game of Thrones. 

At least on the web store, if you click on a specific section of the sale (PS4, PS3, Vita, etc) the background image on those pages says "Sale of the Dead Week 1" and the end date of the sale. I'll try linking to it.

Sale of the Dead Week 1

Agree on hoping next week is better. And anyone else think it's weird that Week 2 would be from November 1-8. You know, completely after Halloween is over. Doesn't make much sense to me. Should have started the 2 week sale last week.

Well that was disappointing. Week 2, of course it'll start after Halloween :huh: , will hopefully be better. I'll probably just pick up TT: Game of Thrones just so that I could finally get the plat after trying out the first ep when it became free. Maybe the TT Walking Dead games too depending on how I feel about easy trophies later on in the week. 

I can't decide between Oxenfree and RE4.  I've played RE4 but I really wanna play it again but I would prefer the disc version.  It's so cheap though.  On the other hand, I've heard good things about Oxenfree and digital is the only way to get it from what I understand.  Anyone here play Oxenfree?

Not to sound like a cheap asshole, but this is the only game that intrigues me at the price point.

tYTHDei.png

Not that I'm complaining. Next month is expensive. PS4 Pro, Steins;Gate 0, Final Fantasy XV (+ still have to figure out if I'm buying/selling/cancelling the Ultimate Collector's Edition), Pokemon Moon, plus I want to buy a decent 40 inch TV for my bedroom so I can run my og PS4 in my bedroom and have the Pro in my living room with my 4K.

So, it's a blessing in disguise that this sale is shit.

I'm actually not too let down. I typically don't buy digital, but the sale on the (in my opinion) overpriced "Whistleblower" DLC for Outlast allows me to 100% that game when I get back to it. I will likely redownload Outlast just to be done with that damn game and get it completely off my backlog. Was also considering buying The Walking Dead: Michonne, but my wallet is screaming "NOOOOOO"!

That Resident Evil triple pack for me! I knew it was gonna be on sale so I waited. Also I can't believe they didn't put Until Dawn on sale. What a miss.

There is still hope for Until Dawn being on next weeks sale.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Although, as it has been pointed out, it's really weird to have a week two sale of the dead after Halloween. It would be great if for those that haven't played it to play it this weekend.  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

Alright so I'm wondering what is the best in the Dead Rising series. I played one way back when it released on 360. And found the controls to be infuriating and the time to be a bit of a pain in the ass. So and tips on what one might be best suited for me or what the best of the series is?

Kholat for PS4 is on sale 50% off, $9.99 for PS+ (do NOT get this game)

What wrong with it? Seemed pretty interesting, not for 10 tho.

Edit: Nevermind I read you meta critic review. Thanks for a heads up on it.

Edited by AncLEoniX
  • Like 1

Alright so I'm wondering what is the best in the Dead Rising series. I played one way back when it released on 360. And found the controls to be infuriating and the time to be a bit of a pain in the ass. So and tips on what one might be best suited for me or what the best of the series is?

What wrong with it? Seemed pretty interesting, not for 10 tho.

Edit: Nevermind I read you meta critic review. Thanks for a heads up on it.

You can even check out my live stream that I did. Frame rate drops, game stalling, total lack of any discernible objective or waypoints, all of that and more crammed into a 1 hour confuse-fest that was my live stream