Confirmed: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 will be coming to Playstation 4

Xel

At Squenix headquarters...

- CEO: Ok people, now that we have announced Kingdom Hearts 2.8, delay the release of Kingdom Hearts 3.

- Lowly employee: But sir, we dont need to delay the game.

- CEO: Delay is the trend among gaming companies. Now, to the other topic...

- Lowly employee: But sir...

- CEO: What is it?

- Lowly employee: Our costumers are going to complain.

- CEO: Not at all. We just have to release the previous collections for the PS4 with slighly-almost-imperceptible enhanced graphics and a separate trophy list to appease them.

- Lowly employee: Will that really work?

- CEO: Of course, After all...

• Like 1

Then I just have to figure out what order I should play them in, because it's definitely not obvious to me. :|

Birth By Sleep > KH1 > 358/2 Days > Chain of Memories > KH2 > Coded > Dream Drop Distance > II.8 > KH3.

I disagree with Demon's suggestion as this order will spoil things for other games. Playing them in this order will keep spoilers to a minimum: KH1 -> CoM -> 358/2 Days -> KH2 -> Birth by Sleep -> Coded

Wow a package of both games? That sounds great, maybe I will dive into KH? :D

I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who hasn't played these games before. I was starting to feel left out. :P

(From what you said, I assume you haven't played them before anyway)

You've been missing some great games.

I disagree with Demon's suggestion as this order will spoil things for other games. Playing them in this order will keep spoilers to a minimum: KH1 -> CoM -> 358/2 Days -> KH2 -> Birth by Sleep -> Coded

Well I would like to avoid spoilers if possible, and I guess it's never a bad idea to start with the first game in the series. Thanks for the suggestion, Dragon. I'll have to write this down or something, because there's no way I'm remembering that. xD

I don't doubt that, but I guess the whole Disney/child friendly thing turned me off. It's always struck me as the kind of series you get into when you're a kid or not at all. I'm probably totally wrong about that though. :P The whole naming scheme is very intimidating to newcomers as well. I also figured there was no point getting the games on PS3 since I could see them bringing it to PS4 some day like with FFX/FFX-2, and what do you know? I was right. :P I'm still not sure if I'll like them, but I'll give it a go.

Well I would like to avoid spoilers if possible, and I guess it's never a bad idea to start with the first game in the series. Thanks for the suggestion, Dragon. I'll have to write this down or something, because there's no way I'm remembering that. xD

I don't doubt that, but I guess the whole Disney/child friendly thing turned me off. It's always struck me as the kind of series you get into when you're a kid or not at all. I'm probably totally wrong about that though. :P The whole naming scheme is very intimidating to newcomers as well. I also figured there was no point getting the games on PS3 since I could see them bringing it to PS4 some day like with FFX/FFX-2, and what do you know? I was right. :P I'm still not sure if I'll like them, but I'll give it a go.

No problem :D. You can always bookmark the page. 

Yeah I thought that too, until my nephew bought the game and I tried it out on the PS2. It's actually not for little kids at all, as they would probably not get the story. The names are definitely weird and jumping into a random KH game will probably confuse newcomers a lot. I expected a PS4 port of KH1.5 and 2.5, but got them on the PS3 anyway :lol:.

• Like 1

My first experience with KH was about 6 months ago playing the remix PS3 versions. I absolutely loved them and i'm really glad i got the chance to enjoy a series i thought might be lost to me. Having said that there is no way i would consider playing them again if lists aren't shared. The amount of grinding and replaying is just insane and nearly put me off them altogether before i started playing.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who hasn't played these games before. I was starting to feel left out. :P

(From what you said, I assume you haven't played them before anyway)

Yea, haven't played them =D

But it's KH, you simply have to know Sora, that's a must =D

I'm waiting for 2.99 :awesome:

Nah, joking. I'm pretty on the same boat as Wolfie (damn, now that I realize it... we are Wolf bros o.O), the Disney characters are pretty off putting for me =D

If I could have a game with just Aqua and Sora, I would jump on it immediately =D 

On the other hand, Utada Hikaru songs and Mickey's voice (Japanese obviously :P) are a big plus :D

• Like 1

It's actually rather easy, at least when you play on PS3.

1.5 contains the first three games you should play (1, CoM and 358/2) and 2.5 contains the other three. And if I'm not mistaken they are in that order in the menu, too. So nothing can go wrong there. And I assume the disc for the PS4 will follow the same rule.

So when the game releases you just have to play the games from top to bottom (or left to right, don't know how the layout of the menu was). :D

EDIT: To clarify it:

It's just the way Dragon's order is lined up in the collections. I won't say it's the proper/right way. 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

No.  Just the games that were on the previous HD remasters.  There's still II.8 which is by itself.. it includes that prologue game with Aqua, Dream Drop Distance and Re:Coded (cutscenes).  Kingdom Hearts has sadly had a lot of games added on to help explain the plot more.. and they are required to understand half things.

Not Re:Coded, Unchained Chi.

Apparently most correct way to play them is in:

Birth By Sleep > KH1 > 358/2 Days > Chain of Memories > KH2 > Coded > Dream Drop Distance > II.8 > KH3.

Wrong wrong wrong, this will not only spoil everything for him but it would also confuse him into oblivion, only correct order for a newcomer is KH>Chain of Memories>KH2>Days>Birth By Sleep>Re:coded>Dream Drop Distance>Unchained Chi>Birth By Sleep a fragmentary Passage>KH3, or in other words, I.5>II.5>II.8>III. You can in fact change around Days and KH2, both will spoil a little something about the other, but to me is better to know the characters first and then learn how they become what they are so KH2 should come before.

Not Re:Coded, Unchained Chi.

Wrong wrong wrong, this will not only spoil everything for him but it would also confuse him into oblivion, only correct order for a newcomer is KH>Chain of Memories>KH2>Days>Birth By Sleep>Re:coded>Dream Drop Distance>Unchained Chi>Birth By Sleep a fragmentary Passage>KH3, or in other words, I.5>II.5>II.8>III. You can in fact change around Days and KH2, both will spoil a little something about the other, but to me is better to know the characters first and then learn how they become what they are so KH2 should come before.

I got that part wrong. :P

And no, my way was right, if you want to play the series in the order the lore goes, the way I said works.

I got that part wrong. :P

And no, my way was right, if you want to play the series in the order the lore goes, the way I said works.

No, your way is wrong, it's all good and dandy if you're familiar with a series but the games are released in a certain order for a reason, you're supossed to know some things when you're playing more recent games, there's a reason why BBS was the 5th game to be released and not the first.

• Like 1

I think Demon's suggestion is the chronological order of the games' story.

Almost, Kingdom Hearts Chi (part of the II.8 collection) happens 100 years before KH or KHBbS (not sure which one), so that would chronologically be the first one.

I'm waiting for 2.99 :awesome:

Nah, joking. I'm pretty on the same boat as Wolfie (damn, now that I realize it... we are Wolf bros o.O), the Disney characters are pretty off putting for me =D

If I could have a game with just Aqua and Sora, I would jump on it immediately =D 

On the other hand, Utada Hikaru songs and Mickey's voice (Japanese obviously :P) are a big plus :D

Some Disney characters are a bit annoying (such as Winnie the Poo), but most are really well done. Though Atlantica seems to be one of the most hated worlds in KH2 by almost everyone due to it being a mini-game world. KH0.2 Fragment only has Aqua :awesome:.

Almost, Kingdom Hearts Chi (part of the II.8 collection) happens 100 years before KH or KHBbS (not sure which one), so that would chronologically be the first one.

I keep forgetting that game exists lol. It's a mobile game so I'll never play. I did read it's connected to KH3 so I'll end up reading about it at some point.