Confirmed: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 will be coming to Playstation 4

Xel

I keep forgetting that game exists lol. It's a mobile game so I'll never play. I did read it's connected to KH3 so I'll end up reading about it at some point.

It's cute, but I got ~100 levels in (maybe 200? Honestly don't remember), but nothing substantial was really added to the story/background. 

Almost, Kingdom Hearts Chi (part of the II.8 collection) happens 100 years before KH or KHBbS (not sure which one), so that would chronologically be the first one.

Some Disney characters are a bit annoying (such as Winnie the Poo), but most are really well done. Though Atlantica seems to be one of the most hated worlds in KH2 by almost everyone due to it being a mini-game world. KH0.2 Fragment only has Aqua :awesome:.

I never played Chi as phone games don't usually interest me with the amount of time they make you spend in tutorials rather than just letting you get on with it.

JP

EN

Release dates:

JP: 2017.3.9

EU: 2017.3.31

N A: 2017.3.28

Also, two new KHIII screenshots revealed:

New Drive Forms "Guard Form" and "Power Form". Apparently, Drive forms are back! :yay: 

kingdom_hearts_iii_gameplay_2.jpg?w=879&

kingdom_hearts_iii_gameplay.jpg?w=878&h=

Ah thanks for this info. I've never played Kingdom Hearts before, but seeing that they're coming to PS4, I'd rather wait for the rerelease than pay out for the PS3 versions. 

Apparently most correct way to play them is in:

Birth By Sleep > KH1 > 358/2 Days > Chain of Memories > KH2 > Coded > Dream Drop Distance > II.8 > KH3.

Never play it like this. Birth by sleep is my personal favorite and you wont understand way too much. To completely enjoy birth by sleep you need previous knowledge. you should always play games in the order they came out.

I never played Chi as phone games don't usually interest me with the amount of time they make you spend in tutorials rather than just letting you get on with it.

Same here, really looking forward to KH2.8 because it contains 3 new games for me.

Also, two new KHIII screenshots revealed:

New Drive Forms "Guard Form" and "Power Form". Apparently, Drive forms are back! :yay: 

kingdom_hearts_iii_gameplay_2.jpg?w=879&

kingdom_hearts_iii_gameplay.jpg?w=878&h=

I could be mistaken but this looks like Mount Olympus from Hercules.

Can you people recommend me to try this series? :)

What I'm about to say might some weird though: I've been interested to play this series since a very long time, but I don't know were my interest comes from giving that I hardly watched any Disney movies in my life, I haven't played any Final Fantasy game and so I'm not a big fan of the RPG genre even though I highly enjoyed games like Ni No Kuni and Tales of Symphonia.

Do I need to watch any Disney films or play some FF games to understand Kingdom Hearts story? or do they have a new and completely different storyline that doesn't follow the stories of those franchises?

Thanks! :D

By the way, will this be available digital too? nowadays I only buy my games through the PS Store, but I read that Disney has some sort of problem with putting their KG games on digital or something like that and that's why they were only released physical on PS3? :(

I ask this 'cause apparently every PS4 game now also gets a digital release too.

• Like 1

Can you people recommend me to try this series? :)

What I'm about to say might some weird though: I've been interested to play this series since a very long time, but I don't know were my interest comes from giving that I hardly watched any Disney movies in my life, I haven't played any Final Fantasy game and so I'm not a big fan of the RPG genre even though I highly enjoyed games like Ni No Kuni and Tales of Symphonia.

Do I need to watch any Disney films or play some FF games to understand Kingdom Hearts story? or do they have a new and completely different storyline that doesn't follow the stories of those franchises?

Thanks! :D

By the way, will this be available digital too? nowadays I only buy my games through the PS Store, but I read that Disney has some sort of problem with putting their KG games on digital or something like that and that's why they were only released physical on PS3? :(

I ask this 'cause apparently every PS4 game now also gets a digital release too.

I will give my two cents about the Kingdom Hearts series. If I can summarize the feeling this game evokes in me into one word, that word is magic.

First time I saw this game, my prejudice towards Disney related media soared.I cant believe that I will have to play as Donald or Goofy. That is so stupid,was what I thought when I bought Kingdom Hearts for PS2. But I wanted to give it a chance because of the Final Fantasy characters in it. I never expected to really enjoy this game.

It blew my mind. I started to remember the little I knew about those Disney worlds featured in the game and how it was fitting so well with the game. The soundtrack was a mix of epicness with longing to play more, to listen to it more. As soon as I finished the game, I went after Kingdom Hearts 2 and every bit of lore I could find in the net.

To me, Kingdom Hearts has a spark of fantasy, of wonder, that Final Fantasy lost somewhere along the way. You care for the characters, you understand their mistakes, you suffer their losses and cheer on their victories. It gives answers and leaves questions that makes you want more. The FF characters are just a treat, never too important but at the same time with their unique charm.

So, do you need to know Disney movie? Not really, but if you know it may make your experience different. Same goes for the FF characters, most of them from FF7.

If you enjoy RPGs with a tender story that, gradually, becomes something bigger and deeper than you or the main characters could ever imagine... If you are tired of games that are just beautiful but that leaves nothing behind after finished... Then Kingdom Hearts is a series you must play.

• Like 3

i already have all plats except Re:CoM, but i'd definitely buy this game again. Just please change the trophies in the first game. They are GARBAGE. All those gummi missions, speedruns, 30 hour synthesis quest. The only thing that would've made it worse was multiplayer trophies. Square change the trophies to something more akin to KH2.

<3  :wub:

So beautiful, although this is the first time i actually wanted the games to share lists and have a cross save feature. I left the grind on birth by sleep and would love to plat on ps4 , this series are so special to me.  :D

Yeah, definitely agree on you with this one - at first I was upset when Dragon Quest Builders had a shared list on all versions, but then I realized that I could have saved $60 on the PS4 version. Not that I hate the PS4 version, but I can rebuild Rimuldar in 30 days on the go - portable is better now that I have replaced my adapter power cable. ^_^ If PS4 has the same trophy list, I will be a bit upset(they didn't fix the trophy stacking in KHFM or Re:Chain of Memories) but at least I can continue getting trophies on PS4 instead of wasting my time. Yes, I will have to go through the entire grind again from Square One, but with gorgeous 60 FPS and graphic overhauls, I don't mind that much. That, and I don't need to touch BBSFM again if I don't want to. 6_^

Yeah, definitely agree on you with this one - at first I was upset when Dragon Quest Builders had a shared list on all versions, but then I realized that I could have saved $60 on the PS4 version. Not that I hate the PS4 version, but I can rebuild Rimuldar in 30 days on the go - portable is better now that I have replaced my adapter power cable. ^_^If PS4 has the same trophy list, I will be a bit upset(they didn't fix the trophy stacking in KHFM or Re:Chain of Memories) but at least I can continue getting trophies on PS4 instead of wasting my time. Yes, I will have to go through the entire grind again from Square One, but with gorgeous 60 FPS and graphic overhauls, I don't mind that much. That, and I don't need to touch BBSFM again if I don't want to. 6_^

I actually really liked doing multiple playthroughs of these games. If they didn't stack it'd be an encouragement to try and do it all in 1 which would be a clusterfuck and probably impossible (10 hours + no equipment changing? Add on to that no deaths... ugh).

If Chain of Memories still requires 6 playthroughs, I'm a weirdo so that's perfectly okay with me :awesome:

I will give my two cents about the Kingdom Hearts series. If I can summarize the feeling this game evokes in me into one word, that word is magic.

First time I saw this game, my prejudice towards Disney related media soared.I cant believe that I will have to play as Donald or Goofy. That is so stupid,was what I thought when I bought Kingdom Hearts for PS2. But I wanted to give it a chance because of the Final Fantasy characters in it. I never expected to really enjoy this game.

It blew my mind. I started to remember the little I knew about those Disney worlds featured in the game and how it was fitting so well with the game. The soundtrack was a mix of epicness with longing to play more, to listen to it more. As soon as I finished the game, I went after Kingdom Hearts 2 and every bit of lore I could find in the net.

To me, Kingdom Hearts has a spark of fantasy, of wonder, that Final Fantasy lost somewhere along the way. You care for the characters, you understand their mistakes, you suffer their losses and cheer on their victories. It gives answers and leaves questions that makes you want more. The FF characters are just a treat, never too important but at the same time with their unique charm.

So, do you need to know Disney movie? Not really, but if you know it may make your experience different. Same goes for the FF characters, most of them from FF7.

If you enjoy RPGs with a tender story that, gradually, becomes something bigger and deeper than you or the main characters could ever imagine... If you are tired of games that are just beautiful but that leaves nothing behind after finished... Then Kingdom Hearts is a series you must play.

Wow that sounds pretty good! I'll have to give it a try then, thanks! :D

Hopefully it does gets released digitally this time though, 'cause currently I can't afford to buy physical anymore :( 

Same here, really looking forward to KH2.8 because it contains 3 new games for me.

I could be mistaken but this looks like Mount Olympus from Hercules.

Yeah, that would be Mount Olympus.  When they had that trailer a while ago, that world was shown off among Tangled's word (at least Rapunzel's Tower in the back).

As a huge Disney fan, it's kinda weird seeing people say they were turned away from the game because of the Disney stuff. Disney (especially classic Disney) is timeless, you don't have to be a child to enjoy it.

Some Disney characters are a bit annoying (such as Winnie the Poo)

You better not be talking shit about Pooh. I loved that whole story and world (at least in KH1 and 2, haven't played the others). The ending to his world in KH2 was one of my favorite moments in that game. It was so sad.

Yeah, that would be Mount Olympus.  When they had that trailer a while ago, that world was shown off among Tangled's word (at least Rapunzel's Tower in the back).

Nice, I missed that trailer *goes off to YouTube* .

You better not be talking shit about Pooh. I loved that whole story and world (at least in KH1 and 2, haven't played the others). The ending to his world in KH2 was one of my favorite moments in that game. It was so sad.

I've never liked Pooh. Also the story in KH2 was the same as in KH1: the book is damaged, Pooh lost his memories, go find the pages, and restore the book. I'm willing to bet that'll happen again in KH3 should it be included.

I'll stick with my PS3 copys, no reason to get it again.

I'm with you, man. Got too many games I haven't played, or want to get and play for the first time, to spend another 300+ hours replating those. But I'm glad more people will get to experience this phenomenal series.  ^_^

Edited by DamagingRob

As a huge Disney fan, it's kinda weird seeing people say they were turned away from the game because of the Disney stuff. Disney (especially classic Disney) is timeless, you don't have to be a child to enjoy it.

In my case, they simply don't fit the game. I also like Disney movies, but the characters should stay there :D

That's just my opinion.