Confirmed: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 will be coming to Playstation 4

Xel

Squenix executives after seeing how much people are reacting positively to this news:

I want to be like, "I know your tricks. I'm above buying this." But let's get real--if they do a sweet collectors edition, I'll probably buy it. I like the challenge of getting the trophies (even though I may not have finished all the others), so it'll be a objective driven excuse to play the games again. I also agree it'd be nice to have all the games for one system (until PS5 decides to remake them all).

Thank goodness I didn't have to buy food or heat. Keep doing the re-releases, Square!  :awesome:

Man, the naming scheme for Kingdom Hearts is literally the worst I've ever seen. :P How is an outsider supposed to understand what game is which?

I've never played these games before, but I always said I'd consider it they came to PS4. I don't understand though, does this collection include all of the games prior to Kingdom Hearts III?

Edited by Undead Wolf

Man, the naming scheme for Kingdom Hearts is literally the worst I've ever seen. :P How is an outsider supposed to understand what game is which?

I've never played these games before, but I always said I'd consider it they came to PS4. I don't understand though, does this collection include all of the games prior to Kingdom Hearts III?

No.  Just the games that were on the previous HD remasters.  There's still II.8 which is by itself.. it includes that prologue game with Aqua, Dream Drop Distance and Re:Coded (cutscenes).  Kingdom Hearts has sadly had a lot of games added on to help explain the plot more.. and they are required to understand half things.

Edited by DEMON

No.  Just the games that were on the previous HD remasters.  There's still II.8 which is by itself.. it includes that prologue game with Aqua, Dream Drop Distance and Re:Coded (cutscenes).  Kingdom Hearts has sadly had a lot of games added on to help explain the plot more.. and they are required to understand half things.

Ah, okay then. It looks like 2.8 is also coming to PS4, so I guess with 1.5 + 2.5 and 2.8 I should be good to go. Then I just have to figure out what order I should play them in, because it's definitely not obvious to me. :|

Now I understand why I've avoided this series for so long... xD

Ah, okay then. It looks like 2.8 is also coming to PS4, so I guess with 1.5 + 2.5 and 2.8 I should be good to go. Then I just have to figure out what order I should play them in, because it's definitely not obvious to me. :|

Now I understand why I've avoided this series for so long... xD

Apparently most correct way to play them is in:

Birth By Sleep > KH1 > 358/2 Days > Chain of Memories > KH2 > Coded > Dream Drop Distance > II.8 > KH3.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who wants a FF 13 trilogy pack to come to the PS4?

No, I'm hoping it happens too.

I think a while back Square said they had no immediate plans to do so, but they weren't really against the idea. My guess is that we may see the trilogy come out in a year or two down the road.

Edited by TheAveryChu
  • Like 1

Wow, this is cool! Hmm, Square Enix is actually usually very organized with their trophy lists - I wonder if they'll make separate trophy lists for the PS4 or add them to the existing lists. :hmm:

If they put the list together, I would not mind that... if they gave us the ability of cross save.  I mean all my work on the games I have done... there are some things I'd rather not do again so far.

Wow, this is cool! Hmm, Square Enix is actually usually very organized with their trophy lists - I wonder if they'll make separate trophy lists for the PS4 or add them to the existing lists. :hmm:

I really want separate trophy lists personally. I'd like to have objectives to go through again.

If they put the list together, I would not mind that... if they gave us the ability of cross save.  I mean all my work on the games I have done... there are some things I'd rather not do again so far.

I really want separate trophy lists personally. I'd like to have objectives to go through again.

I kind of want PS4 to be added to the existing list, that way I can just buy BBS on PS4 and finish it there instead of having to turn my PS3 on every time :P

The Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 trophy lists were shared amongst all three versions, so I could see that happening with this one too. It doesn't really affect me either way since I've never played the PS3 version and I don't intend to.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1