Confirmed: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 will be coming to Playstation 4

Xel

While I'm not against remasters, and I'm probably gonna get this since there are some games I haven't play, I really hope this hasn't delayed development on KH3 even more -_-

Even if it hasn't, this pretty much confirms there will be no 2017 release for KH3.

i already have all plats except Re:CoM, but i'd definitely buy this game again. Just please change the trophies in the first game. They are GARBAGE. All those gummi missions, speedruns, 30 hour synthesis quest. The only thing that would've made it worse was multiplayer trophies. Square change the trophies to something more akin to KH2.

Most likely the PS4 versions will have the same list or even share a list with the PS3 versions.

Yeah, it was a while ago now I think, but it showed off gameplay footage of some of the summons and the two worlds at the very least.

I watched the trailer and it looked great :D.

Even if it hasn't, this pretty much confirms there will be no 2017 release for KH3.

...Why? 2.8 was already releasing in 2017 anyway.

If anything this makes KH3 more likely to be 2018 instead of later. Didn't they say at one point that they're trying to do 1 KH game a year? Now with 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 and 2.8... What could they possibly do for 2018 that isn't KH3? I was somewhat expecting 2017 to be 2.8, 2018 to be 1.5/2.5 and then 2019 being KH3.

If anything this makes KH3 more likely to be 2018 instead of later. Didn't they say at one point that they're trying to do 1 KH game a year? Now with 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 and 2.8... What could they possibly do for 2018 that isn't KH3? I was somewhat expecting 2017 to be 2.8, 2018 to be 1.5/2.5 and then 2019 being KH3.

Remember 2.8 is only releasing in 2017 because final fantasy got delayed 2 months.  2.8 was 2016's kingdom hearts game. PS4 collection will be 2017's game. Kingdom Hearts III 2018.

Basically what linkdevivo said. Let's hope KH3 won't be delayed like most games in 2016.

Remember 2.8 is only releasing in 2017 because final fantasy got delayed 2 months.  2.8 was 2016's kingdom hearts game. PS4 collection will be 2017's game. Kingdom Hearts III 2018.

yeah this makes sense. Still, 2017 is a dead gaming year for me, not much im wanting out the gate, a few ill wait on a price drop for. INCLUDING 2.8 / wont pay full for the ps4 edition. Hmmmmm.

• 3 months later...

Don't know where I have been, but I've just realised this has been announced and it's coming out in just a month and a half! Pre-ordered immediately.

I've only played through KH1 and KH2 when they came out on PS2 years ago, so I'm really looking forward to jumping back in and playing the rest of the entries in the series as well. I remember how excited I was when KH1 came out back in the day, can't wait to play through it again! :D

Edited by FireHotStickies

13 minutes ago, FireHotStickies said:

Don't know where I have been, but I've just realised this has been announced and it's coming out in just a month and a half! Pre-ordered immediately.

I've only played through KH1 and KH2 when they came out on PS2 years ago, so I'm really looking forward to jumping back in and playing the rest of the entries in the series as well. I remember how excited I was when KH1 came out back in the day, can't wait to play through it again! :D

Forewarning they are the final mix versions of the game. So some stuff is slightly changed. For example the ultima keyblade is FAR harder to get in this version as the materials you need for it are changed and only acquirable by defeating new heartless which some of them are insanely tough. The monkey in Traverse town will test your patience beyond normal human standards.

Oh and difficulty trophies do not stack. You will have to play the game 3 times to get all the trophies. :P

29 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Forewarning they are the final mix versions of the game. So some stuff is slightly changed. For example the ultima keyblade is FAR harder to get in this version as the materials you need for it are changed and only acquirable by defeating new heartless which some of them are insanely tough. The monkey in Traverse town will test your patience beyond normal human standards.

Oh and difficulty trophies do not stack. You will have to play the game 3 times to get all the trophies. :P

Thanks for the heads up. It most likely won't be too much of a problem for me, as I'm not really much of a trophy / platinum hunter (I know, the shame :(). Who knows, I might end up really enjoying it and making it my second plat.

Seems a bit of an odd move that the difficulty trophies don't stack.