Do servers for games ever re open?

webbul

Do offline games or games that have maybe a certain feature gone/disabled ever get put back online or fixed. would there be any chance for this???? Skate 3 is buggy asf and idk if i can even get my last 4 trophies let alone the other games i started where servers have gone down.

They very rarely do at all. Off the top of my head I can't think of any that went offline and came back.

2K patched Borderlands to run without GameSpy.  That was nice of them to do that. 

You have to remember that once most of these games are done, the company has moved on, fired employees, or most quit and found other projects/other companies to work for. 

Some of the better ones provide support for a few years afterwards and maintain the game.  But usually it is not profitable for a company to not be working on the next big project.

But yeah like I said, most of the workers are disbanded or cut down once the project completes, thus leaving the original people who worked on it gone.  That brings with its some of it's own inherent issues, right. 

The number one thing is will the work bring in more profits/more sales/etc. so will it be worth it to do so?

if the answer is no, then there won't likely be a patch. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

THere was a huge hurray! a little bit ago, maybe a few months or so about a Server coming back online. I think it was for a Crysis title? I know it was an officially closed server that had been brought back, I'll have to dig for it.

Crysis 2 wasn't closed, it was just not working at all. same with COD4 a couple of years ago.

Do offline games or games that have maybe a certain feature gone/disabled ever get put back online or fixed. would there be any chance for this???? Skate 3 is buggy asf and idk if i can even get my last 4 trophies let alone the other games i started where servers have gone down.

Rare, though it'd be nice if it did happen for Bulletstorm, so I can finally open my sealed copy. :/

Its incredibly rare for devs to bring back dead servers but it happens... to my knowledge Tom Clancy Endwar was brought back by Ubisoft thanks to a petition from fans. Also many games that went offline because of  Gamespy were fixed. I remember not long ago BFBC was completely unplayable for everyone and it was also fixed thanks to a petition, photo trophy in BFBC was fixed as well to my surprise.

Crysis 2 was broken and was only working for a very few people, it wasnt shutdown. Now its been fixed along with the best xp boosting method :awesome:

GTA IV was such a relief when it came back. I spent a long while 100%ing single player, loving the shit out of it, then got into MP and had no idea what I was signing up for. Thank fuck I had 2 PS3s at the time so I could self boost.

I think I spent like 2 or 3 days straight on it before the closure, but still couldn't crack close. Then the second they were announced as coming back I just went flat out. Aside from MP it's a real easy plat, just a grind for certain things, as with GTA V.

• Like 1

2K patched Borderlands to run without GameSpy. That was nice of them to do that.

You have to remember that once most of these games are done, the company has moved on, fired employees, or most quit and found other projects/other companies to work for.

Some of the better ones provide support for a few years afterwards and maintain the game. But usually it is not profitable for a company to not be working on the next big project.

But yeah like I said, most of the workers are disbanded or cut down once the project completes, thus leaving the original people who worked on it gone. That brings with its some of it's own inherent issues, right.

The number one thing is will the work bring in more profits/more sales/etc. so will it be worth it to do so?

if the answer is no, then there won't likely be a patch.

I don't know where you get your information from but the overwhelming majority of development teams do not disband or fire employees after their games are done. They are almost always hard at work on sequels or expansions. The only times I have ever heard of what you described haplening is during financial crisis or if the game totally flops.

Edited by Darth Remi Helghast